• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

BraXzy

Wait, RNG lost?

The hell happened to them?

Can't see them beating Allegiance so it looks like they're out. Damn shame...

I have no idea, Epsilon brought their A-Game and RNG just weren't playing like they should have been.

The community vote on Twitter was 94% in RNG's favour too :3

BraXzy

Really not a fan of theese "Key to Victory" things. When one of them is "Unknown strategy" just don't bother :3

Half of them are like "Don't die".

Would rather have a quick run down of their playstyle: This team are heavy slayers that...

singhr1

Really not a fan of theese "Key to Victory" things. When one of them is "Unknown strategy" just don't bother :3

Would rather have a quick run down of their playstyle: This team are heavy slayers that...

Welcome to ESPN-type coverage, where its all useless pregame content and predictions!

Karl2177

I'm not watching this, but they aren't doing anything like "control snipe tower" or "try and force bottom spawn"? I'm with you, what's the point?

BraXzy

I'm not watching this, but they aren't doing anything like "control snipe tower" or "try and force bottom spawn"? I'm with you, what's the point?

It's super basic generic stuff like "Play the objective" "Stay alive" and it's every pre-game. Personally would rather not have it :3

I mean, this was Penta's.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tL2JlZjE5MWZjY2ZlODE1MGU2NjY0NjJhNTM4OTU1MDA4LnBuZyJ9.vZc6XUWh4suYFseiGJT-i6C3vjk.png

Madness

It's super basic generic stuff like "Play the objective" "Stay alive" and it's every pre-game. Personally would rather not have it :3

I mean, this was Penta's.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kuZ3lhem8uY29tL2JlZjE5MWZjY2ZlODE1MGU2NjY0NjJhNTM4OTU1MDA4LnBuZyJ9.vZc6XUWh4suYFseiGJT-i6C3vjk.png

They have an unknown playstyle, but should play their game. What does that even mean lol.

Epsilon beat RNG and Jumbo went off?
I didn't get to see it... but I'm not surprised as I kinda predicted this yesterday.

Gotta give some credit to jimbo from epsilon, that dude can play!!

Looking forward to tomorrow, I think they can beat some US teams... allegiance is the top seed after all

Ramirez

Didn't that mean they have an unknown playstyle to the circuit because they're new? He went on to say that they need to play their game and not change because it was their first LAN, just keep doing what got them there. I dunno, made sense to me when watching, but yea, it's just mimicking real sports pre game stuff.

Akai__

It's decided. "HaloGAF Warzone Satursdays" will happen, but they will start next week (most likely), instead of tomorrow. I figured it's not the best time to start them during a tournament and I also need time to adjust my schedule. If somebody wants to host them tomorrow, feel free to do so.

2 more things:

• Potential streamers, please PM me your Twitch username, if you want to stream the games, too. I'll set up 1 or 2 things.
  • If anybody has experience doing these info sections for Twitch and wants to do some graphics, logos or any other art for us, please PM me, too.

Sou Da

Holy hell why does no one in Slayer ever want to pick up the power weapons?

I can literally always find the gear I died with because my teammates just run right over it.

Madness

I really hope after X-Games, 343 has a chat with the pros about the gametypes they're working on, and getting them to scrim some and give feedback. I definitely think they are needed for the HWC. Should also get every pro scrimming on Riptide as well, see whether it's viable.

A lot of pros have complained about Empire Strongholds and weapon placement, so should definitely take their advice and change it up.

Holy hell why does no one in Slayer ever want to pick up the power weapons?

I can literally always find the gear I died with because my teammates just run right over it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm inclined to either leave it there or watch it if I don't think I can use it right. Like, I'm a TERRIBLE sniper, so I'm not gonna grab it and fuck up.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm inclined to either leave it there or watch it if I don't think I can use it right. Like, I'm a TERRIBLE sniper, so I'm not gonna grab it and fuck up.
If you don't grab it the enemy will. Better to waste it in your possession than to let the enemies have it and kill you. Then you could just drop it in front of a teammate if need be.

IHaveIce

Banned
Man I'*m still dumbfounded by the Epsilon win, I saw them live already, they are super strong.

I'll be next week at the EMEAS for Halo. Will hopefully meet Tashi

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Listen ins are traaaaaash

--

Welp. RNG :( hopefully they can somehow beat allegiance but uuuhhhh.... Yea...

Noooooooooo.

renegades are so hot and cold. at their best they can beat any team out there. sadly, they rarely play at the level they are capable.

How do these on screen REQ packs work? I saw one and tried it but can't get it to work. Is it really only a onetime use?? The one I saw was KVHRQ-6QXR6-9FR9F-CJHQ6-P66HZ which isn't working.

Akai__

Competetive Halo isn't AR's, radar and crouching and never will be. Bring back those No Radar times and have way less auto weapons.

Caja 117

Competetive Halo isn't AR's, radar and crouching and never will be. Bring back those No Radar times and have way less auto weapons.

I'm think Halo CE had the AR with the Magnum start, and Halo 2 had all the weapons on the map. I agree with the radar part tough.

It had nothing to do with AA - the controls were atrocious for me before the patch. Personally, having a 10% inner deadzone and 3 acceleration made it very difficult to aim.

The inner deadzone was way too big. It coupled with 3 accel felt wonky.

But with ID at zero 3 feels just fine. 2 makes turning to slow to compensate for the movement abilities.

I was talking after the patch, guys.
The deadzone was too high before.
The thing is peopke still saying the aiming is bad. No. It just takes more skill to hit the target.

Top Bottom