• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

woodland

Waypoint?

I went there for the first day today, and damn, those topics are D WORST
Most popular topic is "Halo 5 is the worst Halo?"

Yea those too. Used to go there to see if anyone else had as many issues with H4 as I did and boy was that painful to see.

edit: Somehow got Plat 2 despite afking for 2-3 games when sudden help was needed. How?! I want to be a golden god not a plat scrub

Chittagong

Gold Member
Man I hate the ranking season, getting matched with all kinds off bullshit. Someone remind me why do we want to endure this same thing every month again?

Trup1aya

Man I hate the ranking season, getting matched with all kinds off bullshit. Someone remind me why do we want to endure this same thing every month again?

I usually get matched with people who are similar in skill to the people I matched prior to the reset.

Even though your ranks reset, the game still considers your previous CSR.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
x post. walkthrough + commentary for the current iteration of my forge map https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I2nQZV4uIY

i hate the middle so i'll probably end up redesigning it again. 343 give me flat rocks and giant trees pls

So what gametypes are supposed to be played on that map?

Is it suppose to be arena or more casual modes? From what I saw in the clip, this does not look ideal for arena centered modes, but that is only if it is for arena.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Played with a random dude who claimed to love CE, and the bloom in reach complain how fast the TTK was in 5 and how its not a good Halo game due to it. Had to remind him that the 3sk pistol existed in the very first Halo game that he thinks that is now catering to the casuals with the fast TTK. This guy was also complaining every time he died how bullshit things were in a Warzone game.

People do not know what they want/like in Halo. They just do not like dying over and over again and being reminded that they suck at something they think they are good at. News at 11.

Well, he has a point about warzone.

So what gametypes are supposed to be played on that map?

Is it suppose to be arena or more casual modes? From what I saw in the clip, this does not look ideal for arena centered modes, but that is only if it is for arena.

8 player and under core gametypes.

Trup1aya

Mantis in this game get hijacked so easily because of the radar and just the movement in speed. Last night I called in a ONI Mantis and it was dead in a minute or two. There was some guy just crouched in a corner waited for me to come by (he also had a speed boost). So he was instantly on me, I didn't even have time to react.

Mantis is worthless in this game... It could really use titanfall's thruster and melee mechanics

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Mantis is worthless in this game... It could really use titanfall's thruster and melee mechanics

Mantis' are more support vehicles than offense. Pop a mantis when you control the battlefield with vehicles.

Loomba

Placed platinum 3 in Slayer, gonna try for diamond this month. Placed silver preseason, gold last month and now platinum, definitely improving!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fyi, if you missed it, clg vs eg at x games replay

http://www.twitch.tv/moneymatches

RNKJbvxB_400x400.jpg

Now have a mate spawn a tank while you play protection mantis buddy. Talk about REQ an entire map of enemies. Add a third buddy with a Banshee and you're near unstoppable. By the time they take one of you down your team is already calling in more vehicle REQs from all the kills.

I could go a stomp animation speed buff tho.

TCKaos

Hey Stinkles et al, is there someone I can contact or a number I can call to have my qualifying matches reset? Just went 1v4 against a full party and went like -10 for my first qualifying match in Slayer, and I'm 99% sure there's no coming back from that nor does the CSR or matchmaking algorithm account for it.

K0xhLtG.png

What am I to do here? Quit and add fodder to the system to ban me the next time I quit a game of Warzone to play in someone else's party? I'm baffled by the fact that in 2016 there is no way to prevent this or combat it, nor is there any recourse for me to take that would not potentially result in my punishment. A no-party playlist, a surrender option, the game getting thrown out. Nothing.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Placed platinum 3 in Slayer, gonna try for diamond this month. Placed silver preseason, gold last month and now platinum, definitely improving!

I made it to Gold 6 last season, got bumped down right to Gold 1 because my bad pairings and bad lag streaks hit just when I had my ranking games. So it will take me better part of the month to get to Platinum. Then it's all reset again. For what, some forced retention metric?

It's not even really fun to use. I wish they'd overhaul it.
I'd like to see something similar to the prototype suit in Halo Legends: Prototype.

Could be something fought over in a neutral spot that has a countdown that starts as soon as itis occupied, resulting in a huge self-destruct explosion like in the short. I imagine it'd be really fun with a concept like that, where it's designed like a Power-up (timer-based) but ends with an explosion that can be both beneficial or to your detriment, depending on how it's used.

TCKaos

I'd like to see something similar to the prototype suit in Halo Legends: Prototype.

Could be something fought over in a neutral spot that has a countdown that starts as soon as itis occupied, resulting in a huge self-destruct explosion like in the short. I imagine it'd be really fun with a concept like that, where it's designed like a Power-up (timer-based) but ends with an explosion that can be both beneficial or to your detriment, depending on how it's used.

Oh, hey, a fun way to play Juggernaut.

Fuchsdh

Haha, nothing like coming back from a Strongholds game that was 88-20 with a 100-98 win, and the first thing you hear after victory is the other team's guy going "FUCKING CHRIST, what the hell".

Map inclusion has been p bad. Antifreeze is awful.

There's actually people who make these decisions? Am I right this game still doesn't have a social playlist after 3-4 months?

Terrible playlist management. How could you even release a Halo game without a Social playlist in 2015 and in 2016?

Hire Juices IDIOTS.

I remember back in the day years ago arguing about H3 saying Halo was on the decline in terms of UU's in MP. Everyone was saying no while slowly Halo went from constantly being #1 on Xbox Live to usually being in the top 3 or 4 games to eventually falling off the top 10. I continually pointed out what needed to be done but everybody said things like "Its good enough" "Its fiiiine". Its not.

I could have done better than Shishka did. I sure as hell can do better than whoever is currently managing the playlists. Without a shadow of a doubt in my mind.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Is it really laggy for others tonight?

Also all weapons skins are God awful.

The Spartan models are also terrible. This game needs better art direction.

Haha, nothing like coming back from a Strongholds game that was 88-20 with a 100-98 win, and the first thing you hear after victory is the other team's guy going "FUCKING CHRIST, what the hell".

Fucking Christ was that you last night? We lead the whole way and it was literally 98 vs 97 us and we lost the lead once at the end to lose.

Screenshot-Original.png

Here is a BTB map I have been working on for the past couple of weeks. Its in it's testing stage at the moment. The map is inverse symmetrical and has driving routes similar to the routes seen on Rats Nest, although there is more overlap.

If anyone wants to check it out it is in my File Share under the name of Eagle Square.(Probably going to change the name).

Also this is just the test version and things are likely to change. Just wanted to show it off a little bit.

Gamertag : SHIFTY time

wYsCpey.jpg

Random thought, is there a website or feature you can search a GT to see if you have ever played against or with someone before, and show the game summaries?

Random thought 2, someone please reimagine Burial Mounds for OBJ 4v4 with vehicles and use the neutral/breakout flag (plus a hidden defense flag capture point) in the vein of 1 flag. The new workaround would mean the defending team can move the flag around but can't capture it. Of course the flag carrier spotting would work against both teams though, I think it's a fresh take on 1-sided stuff achievable now in H5 Forge.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I guess I must be one of the few who like the changes to the Warzone grind.

It's a lot more chaotic and unpredictable, which is what I was expecting when the gamemode was announced. Now I might spend less time in Warzone Assault, which is typically where I go for my dose of chaos.

What is this? Did they add something today?

A more interesting question would be

name a good 4v4 map with vehicles.

Sure, some work for slayer but any of these work for CTF/bomb.

Coagulation
Burial Mounds
Sidewinder
Relic
Terminal
Turf
Zanzibar
Ghost Town
High Ground
Standoff
Valhalla

This is where I used to live in my little Halo sweet spot. Sadly it's not in H5.

Preemptive, nope Highground is shit, try again.

Edit: Nevermind someone is already pretending it's good.

You're not working 1 sided OBJ games right then. Shit for slayer, awesome for flag/bomb. Ghost and Mongoose very integral parts of that map too. Total 4v4 Halo "default" competitive goodness.

Hey Stinkles et al, is there someone I can contact or a number I can call to have my qualifying matches reset? Just went 1v4 against a full party and went like -10 for my first qualifying match in Slayer, and I'm 99% sure there's no coming back from that nor does the CSR or matchmaking algorithm account for it.

K0xhLtG.png

What am I to do here? Quit and add fodder to the system to ban me the next time I quit a game of Warzone to play in someone else's party? I'm baffled by the fact that in 2016 there is no way to prevent this or combat it, nor is there any recourse for me to take that would not potentially result in my punishment. A no-party playlist, a surrender option, the game getting thrown out. Nothing.

Arena and warzone bans are separate though =)

Random thought, is there a website or feature you can search a GT to see if you have ever played against or with someone before, and show the game summaries?

This was the entire basis of the BK Cleansing website and GAF got REALLY upset about the execution of that idea so it was put on pause.

You would type your gamertag into the website and it would tell you if you had ever been destroyed by our group. This was during the golden age of Reach Squad Slayer (RIP)

I'm sure you approach all of life with the same inflated sense of self-worth. That's something, I guess.

I surely couldn't do worse because I'm knowledgeable enough to know Halo needs Social and Ranked areas...That's pretty common sense, you have historically 4 Halo games with MP over Live to gather that knowledge from yet 343i has continually fucked up. 1. Halo 4 started all Social. 2. Halo 5 has started all Ranked. HOW HAVE THEY NOT LEARNED YET?!

This was the entire basis of the BK Cleansing website and GAF got REALLY upset about the execution of that idea so it was put on pause.

You would type your gamertag into the website and it would tell you if you had ever been destroyed by our group. This was during the golden age of Reach Squad Slayer (RIP)

Hire Juices.

This is what Bungie had early on, that trash talking fun that H2 online had in spades. The Xbox Live community, since mid-late H3, has turned it into a butthurt shitfest so we can't have nice things.

Top Bottom