• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

went to check out that noctus map for the first time

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Sometimes these maps work great in one scenario and horrible in others.

Maps like overgrowth and riptide work well with teams that really dont stick with each other but each engaging in mainly 1v1 situations.

It sucks horribly when a team holds a spot and spawn camp u basically. Since these maps are so small and advantage points are easy to hold with 4. Its gg instantly. Of course sword on overgrowth is way op with the cooridors. and a decent ninja could get 7+ kills with one use.

Like solo que warzone vs a coordinated team. Youre not gonna have a good time...

I just had a shitty, shitty set of 10 games for FFA placement... and got diamond 1. Considering I worked my ass to get through platinum up to diamond in FFA last month, this just feels... wrong

BizzyBum

I just had a shitty, shitty set of 10 games for FFA placement... and got diamond 1. Considering I worked my ass to get through platinum up to diamond in FFA last month, this just feels... wrong

I didn't know this, but Ozzy said above it takes into account last month's placement so that's probably why.

I find it weird getting placed takes into account a bunch of different things then once you're ranked only wins and losses affect it.

I didn't know this, but Ozzy said above it takes into account last month's placement so that's probably why.

I find it weird getting placed takes into account a bunch of different things then once you're ranked only wins and losses affect it.

That would explain it then. It probably also explains the fact that most of my opponents were overall, pretty damn good in just about every match I had.

I'd like to see an update to that process, solo or two player parties get ranked in all games as all individual data where parties of 3 or more get ranked on win/loss only (post placements). It seems to be fairer this way. The solo or buddies grinding it out with randoms can move up the ranks as they should for doing better consistently but still getting a loss. This accounts for solo, full parties and partial party mixes too.

They also need to weight ranks against KDR/A based on quitters or number of players in your games for individually ranked stats/ranks.

Other than that I'm having a great time with ranks in H5.

I'd like to see an update to that process, solo or two player parties get ranked in all games as all individual data where parties of 3 or more get ranked on win/loss only (post placements). It seems to be fairer this way. The solo or buddies grinding it out with randoms can move up the ranks as they should for doing better consistently but still getting a loss. This accounts for solo, full parties and partial party mixes too.

They also need to weight ranks against KDR/A based on quitters or number of players in your games for individually ranked stats/ranks.

Other than that I'm having a great time with ranks in H5.
/Dropsthemic. Good stuff.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone want to play arena slayer? I would do arena, but I am in the mood just to kill stuff.

I guess I must be one of the few who like the changes to the Warzone grind.

It's a lot more chaotic and unpredictable, which is what I was expecting when the gamemode was announced. Now I might spend less time in Warzone Assault, which is typically where I go for my dose of chaos.

What changes did they make?

Detective

The game was so smooth yesterday. No lag, No latency. Everything worked perfectly.

Guess what, All my shots lands as they supposed to, K/D varied from 2 to 5.

Please keep it like that 343. I hate the game when it lags.

Specially when you know you had that kill, And you did everything right, But the enemy wont die no matter what you do or what weapon you use. Even shotguns wont kill on close quarter. That's frustrating you know!?!

When The game starts giving me assists all the way, That's when I know the game is fucked up.

All negativity aside, This game man. This game plays like a dream when it works. I love the gun play, The movement, The weapons. The abilities. Great Job 343

Keep fixing those servers :)

I could never do that when it lags :p

7IoAP88.gif

And I love this assassination

oQJruG4.gif

Good ctf game today where we came back from 0-2 to win 3-0

That's nothing amazing... but look at me celebrate as I run the final cap in baby!

yg6qf.gif

G-DannY

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/matchmaking-improvements

"For the vast majority of our players, the system is performing extremely well. Since a large indicator of match quality is a player's ping, it’s a metric that we often like to use as a broad, simple indicator. At a worldwide level, 95% of the Halo 5 matches played since launch have taken place on servers with 125ms ping or better"

LOL.

125ms ping used as KPI threshold for a competitive online shooter?

Especially combining that to this sentence:

While we tweak parameters to get matches with closer servers, the team is also studying the effects of latency on the dedicated servers to better understand how it presents as lag to players. The goal of this effort is to improve server tolerance to higher pings.

Instead of spending efforts on giving everyone the best and lowest possibile ping (regional server selection) they say they are working on ways to compensate for high pings...

You are stupid 343i.
With love, from Italy.

Akai__

LOL.

Instead of spending efforts on giving everyone the best and lowest possibile ping (regional server selection) they say they are working on ways to compensate for high pings...

You are stupid 343i.
With love, from Italy.

Pretty bad, because that 125ms counts for us Europeans and at the same time you have US people in your match, which have a 30-50ms ping.

My ping to the main XBL server (which, according to support, is on the US West Coast) is 174ms. You can check yours through your "Detailed Network Test" or whatever it's called. I doubt it's lower than that, when I actually play against people from US West Coast.

LOL.

You are stupid 343i.
With love, from Italy.

Facepalm.
I don't even know what to say.
Just that US is everything for Microsoft.

Top Bottom