• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

think you missed my point m8

Yes you can. Halo CE's pistol didn't always kill in 3 shots because it was hard to use. Optimal Kill Time was 3 shots but the average was higher.
Oh wow I totally did lol. Sorry.

DkUiIEH.gif

I hope 343 gets rid of Community Breakout soon. The original Lockout maps were perfect and never got old. The new batch feel pretty amateur and the flow of combat isn't as natural and the maps aren't as balanced or fun.
I think the new ones are awesome, and the original maps definitely got extremely old.

Fuchsdh

Especially considering Breakout's lower pop numbers they're just going to fold in the high-voted numbers and just keep sustaining it via Forge. Which is fine.

Ramirez

Are you saying the rankings aren't true because of the fact teams can match solo players? I agree to an extent that Onyx ratings can probably get higher based on luck like that. I still believe though, with a group, or solo, you will end up in the division you belong in at the very least, even if you don't hit the higher ranks of it.

BraXzy

I hope 343 gets rid of Community Breakout soon. The original Lockout maps were perfect and never got old. The new batch feel pretty amateur and the flow of combat isn't as natural and the maps aren't as balanced or fun.

I like most of the new ones but I wish they'd have switched them back to OG for rank reset. I've barely played on the community made maps so there's no chance I'm doing placements for it yet.

nostalgia

OffensePower-ups.jpg

Ahh, I miss the glowy balls too. Good times.

I like most of the new ones but I wish they'd have switched them back to OG for rank reset. I've barely played on the community made maps so there's no chance I'm doing placements for it yet.

Ahh, I miss the glowy balls too. Good times.

i miss how big they were so you could see them across the map.

BraXzy

i miss how big they were so you could see them across the map.

I loved how you could really easily spot them in the distance too but there aren't that many long sightlines any more to require that I guess :3

I do quite like how they're now tied into the universe as a thing you pop on your Mjolnir suit or whatever it's doing.

I loved how you could really easily spot them in the distance too but there aren't that many long sightlines any more to require that I guess :3

I do quite like how they're now tied into the universe as a thing you pop on your Mjolnir suit or whatever it's doing.

i don't mind the animation but i don't like their icons. they look like armor abilities did when you'd put them on the map and those were grossss

BraXzy

i don't mind the animation but i don't like their icons. they look like armor abilities did when you'd put them on the map and those were grossss

Let's not speak about those. Someone might hear.

It did make me think though how few long sightlines there are in Arena now, that'd actually make the big glowy balls a benefit.

Akai__

Are you saying the rankings aren't true because of the fact teams can match solo players? I agree to an extent that Onyx ratings can probably get higher based on luck like that. I still believe though, with a group, or solo, you will end up in the division you belong in at the very least, even if you don't hit the higher ranks of it.

I can imagine that it's pretty difficult to handle. On 1 side, you don't want solo searching players to match against teams of 4 and on the other side you want those 4 to play. I agree with the last part, though. I definitely feel like I belong in Diamond for Arena Slayer and I also ended up in that division. I don't think I deserve Onyx yet.

i'd love to see those post-death animations like the grunt birthday pop.
also the helms with it flaming.

In Warzone maybe, but I don't want any of this in Arena. Sound is pretty important to me, especially since Halo 5 is the 1st Halo game that actually uses 7.1 sourround sound. Really don't need random sounds playing over the more important ones.

G-DannY

BY 343 INDUSTRIES - 5 HOURS AGO
The services and multiplayer teams here at 343 Industries have been hard at work at improving and fine tuning the Halo 5 matchmaking experience. One improvement we’re making affects how ranking impacts matchmaking search times for certain players. Over time, it’s possible for players to get skill values that make it difficult for them to find matches. This was an issue that lead some players to create alternate accounts or party up with people of much lower rank to find matches. We’ve implemented changes in our algorithm to get players at all skill levels even faster matches. This should improve matchmaking times and increase the number of people eligible to match for players at all skill levels as well as players in international regions.

ONYX AND CHAMPIONS
Based on feedback from the community, we are making some tweaks to the Onyx and Champion CSR. Players noticed that it was possible to place into Champion (at least temporarily) simply by being the first 200 people in Onyx to complete their placement matches in a season. We are doing two things to increase the competitiveness for Champions. First, the new minimum CSR to earn a Champion rank will be 1800 rather than 1500. Additionally, we’ve placed a cap on the highest CSR you can earn after your placement matches at 1700. These changes will make Champions a more elite group and reward players that prove they're amongst the top in the world.

Both of these changes rolled out just today (Monday February 1) with the start of the new season), through service side updates, and do not require the download of a content update.

We’ve also been working on additional improvements for players in regions around the globe, and will have more details and updates to share in the very near future. We’ll be monitoring telemetry and feedback closely, so be sure to leave us your feedback here on Waypoint’s forums and @Halo on Twitter.

See you in matchmaking!

Mmm...

I'm just waiting for Community TS or Arena already.

Fuck Breakout. It's my least favorite mode.

Leyasu

Banned
Lol I noticed that it was pretty jittery tonight. Plus the bullets flying around corners was the worst that I have ever seen it ever... I honestly don't know what to say! But I'll leave the server talk at that. Be sure to leave feedback lol. They replied once in that monster thread on waypoint.

After two seasons of getting gold 1 and then practically soloing to diamond, tonite I got platinum 5! Plus the bright red AR skin and yellow pistol skins. Pretty pleased with that.

And I contributed around 200+ kills towards the armor/helmet.

Gotta say, loving the halo 2 br on riptide. That thing is a beast. Damn!

MaGlock

There best be a community playlist of forge maps next month and a community ball list the month after that or I'll rage.

There best be a community playlist of forge maps next month and a community ball list the month after that or I'll rage.

Considering the Google sheets of community made maps from CE, PC, Vista all through to H4 I'm surprised we aren't basically seeing Forge MCC in H5. I wonder if at some point they'll just add everything into rotation?

Perhaps they're keeping the population pools strictly to Arena & WZ with an intentional no frills approach, hence no infection or grifball or assault etc.

MaGlock

Considering the Google sheets of community made maps from CE, PC, Vista all through to H4 I'm surprised we aren't basically seeing Forge MCC in H5. I wonder if at some point they'll just add everything into rotation?

Perhaps they're keeping the population pools strictly to Arena & WZ with an intentional no frills approach, hence no infection or grifball or assault etc.

If the talk of h2br starts community playlist is looked at I expect "anniversary weekends" like h2br starts on community remakes. Then again when they add the halo 1 pistol

Suits GIF :D
I'm loving suits. I've been watching it from season 1 through season 3 on amazon prime. I think i'm way behind on the actual series.
i'd love to see those post-death animations like the grunt birthday pop.
also the helms with it flaming.
You know it has to be in the works. If nothing else, they will be req cards added later in the year. That's my guess.
Lol I noticed that it was pretty jittery tonight. Plus the bullets flying around corners was the worst that I have ever seen it ever... I honestly don't know what to say! But I'll leave the server talk at that. Be sure to leave feedback lol. They replied once in that monster thread on waypoint.

After two seasons of getting gold 1 and then practically soloing to diamond, tonite I got platinum 5! Plus the bright red AR skin and yellow pistol skins. Pretty pleased with that.

And I contributed around 200+ kills towards the armor/helmet.

Gotta say, loving the halo 2 br on riptide. That thing is a beast. Damn!
Nice!

EDIT:
Sorry. I keep editing my post. Can someone explain what the below part means? You have to get to 1800 first to reach champion, but then how does the cap work after 1700?
Additionally, we’ve placed a cap on the highest CSR you can earn after your placement matches at 1700

Jesus.

Keep DelHoyo the hell away from the sandbox director.
Yeah. He doesn't like OP automatics, but then also doesn't like the pistol. How does that even work? So he basically wants to only have a halo 2 br? Seems narrow-minded lol and that's coming from me lol.

If the talk of h2br starts community playlist is looked at I expect "anniversary weekends" like h2br starts on community remakes. Then again when they add the halo 1 pistol

They have a great weapon and sandbox framework to churn out some innovative stuff like this for a looong time. H5 has some serious legs IMO.

Jesus.

Keep DelHoyo the hell away from the sandbox director.

I think you'll find that's his sense of humour.

Also I don't really play breakout unless it's via Arena playlist but I wasn't aware of this medal:

6mJE5Y4.jpg

I'm glad the sandbox director isn't Sage anymore. I like Reach but ayyyyyy what was he thinking with that game.

Why was the Beta Repeater nerfed?
Why was the Focus Rifle nerfed?
Why were the Pistol and Plasma Pistol nerfed?
Why were the DMR and NR given more bullets?

And then there was bloom. Bungie pls

Caja 117

I'm glad the sandbox director isn't Sage anymore. I like Reach but ayyyyyy what was he thinking with that game.

I have this exact feeling.

Riptide is such a shit map, it is worse than overgrowth, I've not played one gametype that fits
It's really bad, to the point I'm wondering if it's possible to go in and edit the map like they did in Empire post-beta. They need to add some routes and make it easier to traverse. The top mid is more accessible from one side of the map compared to the other. They have grav lifts in places that aren't needed while neglecting areas that could use them. It's just a complete mess, which is a shame as Fathom is awesome.

Some of the problems on Overgrowth can be mitigated with better weapon placements. I don't know how they'd make Riptide better without gutting it.

MaGlock

Yeah man like it's probably unpopular opinion but I liked 4 more than reach. Bloom was detestable and I hated it. Pushed me to COD for that time. Feltbadman

Why the fuck Overgrowth still has a Sword?????

BraXzy

Yeah. He doesn't like OP automatics, but then also doesn't like the pistol. How does that even work? So he basically wants to only have a halo 2 br? Seems narrow-minded lol and that's coming from me lol.

You know Quin is one of the leads on H5's multiplayer? Can't tell if there's a joke going over my head or other people's lmao.

MaGlock

I love everything about this.

With how easy it is to hijack a vehicle in Halo 5, would you guys mind having the eject armor mod back for Warzone? Would be kind of fun with ground pound, nut pretty overpowered. I think it's a horrible idea, but at the same time...It could be fun.

All for it. Someone plants on you with a REQ 6+ vehicle they deserve a ground pound

IHaveIce

Banned
It's really bad, to the point I'm wondering if it's possible to go in and edit the map like they did in Empire post-beta. They need to add some routes and make it easier to traverse. The top mid is more accessible from one side of the map compared to the other. They have grav lifts in places that aren't needed while neglecting areas that could use them. It's just a complete mess, which is a shame as Fathom is awesome.

Some of the problems on Overgrowth can be mitigated with better weapon placements. I don't know how they'd make Riptide better without gutting it.

yep Overgrowth can be fixed by better weapon placements and in some modes it would flow very well.

Riptide on the other hand has some of the worst teamspawns I had in Halo. sometimes I'm being spawned on the main plateu in the middle of a firefight, the next time across of my team and by the enemies.

I also really like Fathom, I think it and Coliseum are going to be classic map material.

Top Bottom