• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Congrats, I guess?

I mean, it was the third time in that short game that a friendly ghost stole an assassination (twice from you) and the second time I got betrayed while doing it. 3 camo REQs wasted because apparently there's no one else to kill except for who I'm assassinating.
ty.

Trup1aya

Finally watched the stream. I've gotta say, the Forge team is the unsung hero of Halo5. They've done absolutely tremendous work creating such a powerful tool.

I really wish 343 would do more to make sure folks who aren't in custom game communities could experience some of this creations.

There really should be a 343 community favorites playlist, that includes some of the more polished community maps and modes...

Or they could just add a custom games browser...(hint,hint)

Stay tuned for more deets but Gold and Silver packs will become more valuable in the very near future.

Welp, I will certainly be hording until that time comes. I shed a tear everytime I grind a gold pack and get two visors.

jfoul

Stay tuned for more deets but Gold and Silver packs will become more valuable in the very near future.

tumblr_mqwneh3uXE1qfqcmfo1_500.gif

This is the exact feature i suggested in September, implemented exactly as i described it.

The very next the feature i jokingly asked for was the ability to Forge in full scale using Kinect and a VR headset. Soooooo, next update for that???

Who knows ;), when it comes to listening to fan feedback, the Forge team is the absolute best.

Akai__

What time is the update dropping?

The last three updates dropped arround 9am PT / 12am ET / 6pm CET, if that is anything to go by. Bravo also said new REQ's won't be available until 2pm PT, so that lines up with the usual time.

That's in 6:30 hours from this post.

Forge update has blown me away. I'm very excited. Huge thanks to the Forge team.

The dedicated Forge Team is killing it.

Now, if only we got a dedicated MP Map Team that listens to the feedback, like the Forge Team does. Who knows, maybe we could get decent DLC maps for once.

Ugh, Aussie party of four still can't get a reliable game or UI. I'll wait until tomorrow for search parameters but this game is sooo broken down here. 2 guys dropped out of the game, 1 dropped from party, latency, reqs don't load, retrieving data errors post carnage, boost card and points don't load...

It's all still there fuck it.

EYEL1NER

And apparently griffball is being removed in a couple of weeks, which is bananas.
What?! Well that sucks. With BTB having BR starts and some ugly maps, and no Grifball, it looks like I won't need to venture into Arena but for a random Infection match or two. I'll be almost exclusive to WZ and WZ Assault until WZ Firefight drops, I guess. I'll pop into Arena to do placements for Breakout and that might be all.

Where did you hear that Grifball would be removed?

it was actually going to be removed with this update, but this update contains some griffball fixes, so it isnt sticking around long. they said a few weeks.

they also mentioned that 50% of players played at least one game of griffball.

I mean its hard to judge their decision without the data, for all we know griffball is the least played right now

Fuchsdh

it was actually going to be removed with this update, but this update contains some griffball fixes, so it isnt sticking around long. they said a few weeks.

they also mentioned that 50% of players played at least one game of griffball.

I mean its hard to judge their decision without the data, for all we know griffball is the least played right now

It's hilarious reading the Reddit threads, because it perfectly explains why they're rotating playlists. "I want Fiesta all the time! Grifball all the time! Infection! Doubles! Social Slayer! Kitchen Sink!"

Playlist bloat is an issue they have to be mindful of, especially since there's the hard Arena/Warzone divide that didn't exist before.

Karl2177

It's hilarious reading the Reddit threads, because it perfectly explains why they're rotating playlists. "I want Fiesta all the time! Grifball all the time! Infection! Doubles! Social Slayer! Kitchen Sink!"

Playlist bloat is an issue they have to be mindful of, especially since there's the hard Arena/Warzone divide that didn't exist before.
I'd say that out of the social playlists, only BTB has the power to stick around. I also never thought about the arena/warzone divide that exists now. It really does segregate players more than in the past.

Fuchsdh

I'd say that out of the social playlists, only BTB has the power to stick around. I also never thought about the arena/warzone divide that exists now. It really does segregate players more than in the past.

Honestly part of the divide is purely technical, although I think it factors in alongside the gameplay differences in creating that divide. Campaign/Arena/Warzone "feel" so separated because you hit the random load pages when you switch between them. It's my biggest gripe with the usability and responsiveness of the game.

Like others have mentioned - they need a sociao action sack playlist with all of these playlists circulating.

Even infection can be included.

Agreed, although I think Infection should get its time in the sun first as a dedicated playlist.

Just having an Action Sack playlist you fold new game types into instead of a different social list would also be an effective way of adding variety without adding playlists.

Like others have mentioned - they need a sociao action sack playlist with all of these playlists circulating.

Even infection can be included.

Honestly id be fine with them rotating all the social playlists out often. Look at any reddit thread whenever they rotate anything.

Doubles!?!? I FUCKING LOVE DOUBLES
::scroll down::
Doubles is the worst playlist ever in halo, 343 should be executed.

A constant rotation just lets everyone be happy.

Trup1aya

All of these problems could be solved with a customs browser. These goofy modes really don't need playlists... They just need an easy way for people with similar goofy tastes to come together.

I'll never understand why games these days encourage people to go outside of the game to LFG... It's so stupid... And halo has always been this way, SMH.

All of these problems could be solved with a customs browser. These goofy modes really don't need playlists... They just need an easy way for people with similar goofy tastes to come together.

I'll never understand why games these days encourage people to go outside of the game to LFG... It's so stupid... And halo has always been this way, SMH.

honestly this should be built smack into the dash, for all games.

they had beacons on xbox 360. they didnt really do anything.
now we have game hubs.

adding a beacons tab where people can just post what they are playing, basically just an LFG, would be an amazing feature.

Honestly part of the divide is purely technical, although I think it factors in alongside the gameplay differences in creating that divide. Campaign/Arena/Warzone "feel" so separated because you hit the random load pages when you switch between them. It's my biggest gripe with the usability and responsiveness of the game.

Agreed, although I think Infection should get its time in the sun first as a dedicated playlist.

Just having an Action Sack playlist you fold new game types into instead of a different social list would also be an effective way of adding variety without adding playlists.

Yeah that would be the best way i can think of too. Have new ones in the lime light with extra xp and rp would be nice.

I didnt mean for infection in there right away. Just that it couls be in that playlist even if its kind of a ffa-ish type of gametype.

Let us not forget how amazing warzone can be with more objectives instead of only capturing the location.

Lets see...

Once core is open you need to plant a bomb at the core.

Some type of ctf like once you blow it up. Take the flag or skull back to your home base. Hahaha just make the game type so hard. Make it impossible.

Rip

Trup1aya

Yeah that would be neat.

I just think so much more could be done to appease people who want a "social" experience without having "social playlists". I think playlists are inherently anti-social because it's all about getting people together for a match, then tearing them apart.

I think matchmaking should be exclusively for people who are looking for the 'sweaty' experience. Everyone else should be able to browse 343 "vanilla" servers and custom lobbies.

Vanilla servers would have set map/gametype rotations. The system would mimic the pick-up basketball system. If all the lobbies in a server full, remaining players would spectate, then rotate in place of the lowest players on losing teams. Or they could start up new vanilla lobbies. The system could auto shuffle teams between matches to keep matches close to fair.

Alternatively, players could set up custom lobbies that are open to the public w/o invites.

Trup1aya

Been drowning in Uncharted 4

What's this about forge textures?

When's the update dropping?

Drops today.

You can now apply textures to primitively forge objects. There's wood, stone, forerunner material, covenant material, metal, etc. you can alter the color and apply effects to these textures as well...

Forgers can update their existing works w/o too much hassle.

Should make for some really good looking maps.

Top Bottom