• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

BizzyBum

Anyone wanna play some doubles?

Breakout was a cool idea.

But it was a bad mode. It was bad and not very fun.

I think one of the main reasons it was bad was due to some bizarre decisions to place crap like camo, hydra launcher, plasma caster, etc on the maps. Nothing says competitive like getting killed from an invisible plasma caster.

Cranster

Banned
Anyone wanna play some doubles?

I think one of the main reasons it was bad was due to some bizarre decisions to place crap like camo, hydra launcher, plasma caster, etc on the maps. Nothing says competitive like getting killed from an invisible plasma caster.
For me it's the lack of health and shields. Why not go all the way and disable shields entirely?

BizzyBum

For me it's the lack of health and shields. Why not go all the way and disable shields entirely?

So make it like SWAT? Hmm, that plus only precision weapons might be cool, but again would be too similar to SWAT to warrant two separate playlists.

Guys, I'm excited to say that I'm moving in with Mix this fall. Gonna make all sorts of Halo babbies

S2S4hZl.gif

So make it like SWAT? Hmm, that plus only precision weapons might be cool, but again would be too similar to SWAT to warrant two separate playlists.
They should combine Breakout with SWAT in the same playlist. Frankie doesn't like Breakout though, so it'll never happen
kappa.png

Cranster

Banned
I just played my first match on Molten... 343I really needs to either hire new multiplayer map designers, make sure the pro-team has less input or both. I wouldn't be surprised if most of my losses in Halo 5 were caused by me getting spawn killed consistently because of 343i's map design and spawn system.

The Flash

Banned
woah, typically i'm really upset when the ranks reset, because i'll usually JUST make it to diamond, and then lose all my hard work.

typically i'll place in gold [ie - wood], and grind my way back up to low diamond.

somehow i was hovering between diamond 3 - 5 last season, and just finished my placements and was given diamond 3...

either the system is broke, or i got [sort of] gud somehow...

#happyeitherway

Trup1aya

I just played my first match on Molten... 343I really needs to either hire new multiplayer map designers, make sure the pro-team has less input or both. I wouldn't be surprised if most of my losses in Halo 5 were caused by me getting spawn killed consistently because of 343i's map design and spawn system.

I'm not sure pro-team is the problem. In fact, I'm almost certain they aren't. The Breakout maps are actually much more halo-esque than many of the other Arena maps And proteam had a heavy hand in those.

Tonight's final tally:

165 Silver packs opened
82 Gold packs opened

Fucking 33 Wasps total given.

Granted this is about 57% more wasps than last month's stream, but it's still a shit drop rate for a rare.

The Flash

Banned
Random question. Do you guys think we'll ever get the chance to make our co-op experiences in Halo? I'd love to have something like Doom's SnapMap mode. I'd kill to be able to make my own Firefight matches. First thing I'ddo is recreate the good old Gruntpocalypse.

BizzyBum

Random question. Do you guys think we'll ever get the chance to make our co-op experiences in Halo? I'd love to have something like Doom's SnapMap mode. I'd kill to be able to make my own Firefight matches. First thing I'ddo is recreate the good old Gruntpocalypse.

Possible since Halo 6 will be on PC where users can potentially get more access with editing features.

BizzyBum

Playing FFA on Molten, some Champ goes like 25-7. I'm like "fuck this map, I'm gonna watch this replay and see how this is possible."

Proceed to see the majority of his kills crouching then surprising people with brute plasma rifle > melee or weapon switch.

Tried it very next FFA game, come in 2nd and go 24-18.

I kinda hate this game.

Breakout remains one of the most depressing things about Halo 5. God knows how many man-hours they sunk into it trying to make it fun, instead of literally anything else.

"Is it fun yet?"

"No."

"More grids dammit!"

"Let's make the arenas blue. Surely no issues will arise out of that cosmetic decision when we're pitting the natural camouflage team against the sticks-out-like-a-sore-thumb team."

Playing FFA on Molten, some Champ goes like 25-7. I'm like "fuck this map, I'm gonna watch this replay and see how this is possible."

Proceed to see the majority of his kills crouching then surprising people with brute plasma rifle > melee or weapon switch.

Tried it very next FFA game, come in 2nd and go 24-18.

I kinda hate this game.
R A D A R
A
D
A
R

TCKaos

I have like 900k now with 28 gold packs and 8 silvers just taking up space thanks to Firefight and Finals codes.

I guess rushing to complete my collection was a bad idea in hindsight. lol

The real grind is when there's no grind and you just want some usable REQs.

It's not that there's no grind, it's that you're grinding for everything forever.

I've gotten like three Wasps and one ONI Mantis since I got the commendations, tops.

Ade

The real grind is when there's no grind and you just want some usable REQs.

It's not that there's no grind, it's that you're grinding for everything forever.

I've gotten like three Wasps and one ONI Mantis since I got the commendations, tops.

I've been like that since they went odd with refunds from the first hcs packs and I ended up with 2 mill RP

More like shoddy multiplayer map design.

I'd like Halo 5's radar more if it were a more directional radar, like Destiny's.

Or, y'know, just not there at all.

That said, it's a staple of the series, so it's not so simple as to take it out. Not unless we're talking Halo 2 HCS.

Top Bottom