• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Just got the Xbox One S 500 gb and never played Halo 5. Only interested in the multiplayer really? Is it a good time to join up as a newbie?

Might be best to play the first couple levels of campaign to learn the new spartan abilities. Or you can go into arena and get ground pounded by me.

Choose wisely.

Fuchsdh

At least is better than Spartan Assault, BTW are we ever going to get it on the Xbox One?

Seem unlikely. I was holding out hope, but I went to go buy it the other week and realized that I had already got it when it was on sale a ways back for like $2 on iOS. Substantially better than Spartan Assault (which I liked, only downside is no co-op) but it'd be so much better with twin sticks instead of touch controls.

Seem unlikely. I was holding out hope, but I went to go buy it the other week and realized that I had already got it when it was on sale a ways back for like $2 on iOS. Substantially better than Spartan Assault (which I liked, only downside is no co-op) but it'd be so much better with twin sticks instead of touch controls.

I have it on PC. Plays great. Vehicles are more fun. Missions are more fun/better designed. Guns are more fun. Just plain good.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I need to go back Spartan Strike. I would connect my surface to my TV and I was really enjoying it. Much better than Assault for sure.

Yeah, Spartan Strike is pretty good. It pretty much fixes all the problems of the first one. I have it on Steam, I wish I had it on Windows though, so I could have got the achievements.

GTSweet

Neo Member
Community Action Sack is live

Might deserve it's own thread since I think this is the first time we are getting community custom games in an official playlist and they look like a lot of fun

"When the Multiplayer Team solemnly swore that they were up to no good, we had no idea what could be brewing in the cauldron on the second floor. For the first time in Halo history, a matchmaking playlist will support team-based games, Free-For-All, and Infection variants! While Action Sack in previous Halo titles has only functioned on a team vs. team basis, Halo 5's Action Sack will provide a wide variety of unique social experiences. Now, to clarify, if you play Community Action Sack with a fireteam, you and your friends will stick together any time a team game pops up."

Holy shit!

Husky Raid, Ground Pound Arena, Paintball, World of Tanks, Mongoose Sumo, Minotaurs, and Mantis Breakout!

Community Action Sack is live

Might deserve it's own thread since I think this is the first time we are getting community custom games in an official playlist and they look like a lot of fun

This is pretty cool, they should lump the other gimmicks into this (Infection, Grifball), make it permanent, and then give us good social playlists such as Slayer or Arena. If we had a traditional social list they could then take the bad maps out of ranked (Overgrowth, Riptide, Torque, Molten) and regulate them to Social.

blakep267

For me, Super Fiesta was the party mode but they keep taking it away rip
Yeah I really like super fiesta. I think they need to get rid of griffball and replace it with super fiesta. Griffball used to be fun but now it's just people farming for kills and not actually trying to score.

Action sack looks pretty cool too

wwm0nkey

This is pretty cool, they should lump the other gimmicks into this (Infection, Grifball), make it permanent, and then give us good social playlists such as Slayer or Arena. If we had a traditional social list they could then take the bad maps out of ranked (Overgrowth, Riptide, Torque, Molten) and regulate them to Social.
I'm so down for just having this playlist be a growing party playlist

The Mantis Infection is kind of boring. They should just remove it and replace it with normal Infection. Then they can replace the Infection playlist with something else.

I like how they combined FFA and team gametypes in a single playlist. That was one of my suggestions for an Action Sack playlist. Next is to combine SWAT and Breakout ;]

Mantis Infection (Minotaurs) was really fun with an epic presentation lol, and Mongoose Sumo is the T R U T H. I hope this turns out to be a permanent playlist; it's a great palette cleanser.

The Mantis Infection is kind of boring. They should just remove it and replace it with normal Infection. Then they can replace the Infection playlist with something else.

I like how they combined FFA and team gametypes in a single playlist. That was one of my suggestions for an Action Sack playlist. Next is to combine SWAT and Breakout ;]

Mantis Infection (Minotaurs) was really fun with an epic presentation lol, and Mongoose Sumo is the T R U T H. I hope this turns out to be a permanent playlist; it's a great palette cleanser.

PogChamp

Who cares if it's fun?! GET THOSE GODDAMN GROUND VEHICLE KILLS YOU FUCKING SLACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, if we don't have significant progress on that with this playlist, I'ma be pissed, man.

3D1jJEz.gif

Who cares if it's fun?! GET THOSE GODDAMN GROUND VEHICLE KILLS YOU FUCKING SLACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, if we don't have significant progress on that with this playlist, I'ma be pissed, man.

3D1jJEz.gif

Well there is Tank World and Mantis Breakout, but you don't get the many kills!

FyreWulff

RAM requirement makes sense considering the Halo engine has pretty much always loaded all assets into RAM at runtime since Halo 1.

Part of the reason why Halo 1 PC had those instant load times even on hardware of the time.

belushy

Banned
All we're really lacking now is actual customs or forge gameplay clips/videos. Hope we see one before launch but at least it is coming soon either way.

Top Bottom