• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I may finally finish, or start all over then finish again, my halo 4 landfall remake. Fuck you, I liked it

JDB

Banned
At this point they should allow you to install the campaign and MP separately. Would help with keeping the size of the game down.

Fuchsdh

Landfall is a solid map. Halo 4 had some pretty good DLC maps with Monolith, Landfall, Perdition, Shatter, Skyline and Outcast.

Yep. Perdition is a map that would have benefited a lot more from assym. game types and could in fact be better as a remake than it was in the base game.

Still think Monolith is up there as one of my favorite Halo maps in the entire series. Another map that would probably play better now without load out DMRs.

Yep. Perdition is a map that would have benefited a lot more from assym. game types and could in fact be better as a remake than it was in the base game.

Still think Monolith is up there as one of my favorite Halo maps in the entire series. Another map that would probably play better now without load out DMRs.

How about a Monolith remake with an ancient Sanghelios aesthetic?

Zul5gIF.gif
EDIT: Just noticed you added the blue helmet lol
Req idea: Halo 3 BR and everytime you switch to it this soundbite plays.
lmao

Weird playing around with my drift. Even putting my inner deadzone at 15% it still.happens the exact same way. very slowly....

So i have same drift when at 0% and 15% inner dz.

great update, but why 2 snipers playlists? its already hard to find games so lets add 7 playlists?

ranked should be

4v4 HCS settings
Doubles
FFA

This probably goes more for a lot of Arena modes. I don't think the people playing Infection or Grifball are really drawing people away from Social or Ranked slayer or objective lists. They're big enough that they sustain their pops, whether or not HaloGAF is the target demo.

You may be right. But if their populations are so low it almost just doesn't seem worth having, and hope those players add to the pop count of Social Skirmish or something the rest of the population likes more. Or why not try something like double XP/RP weekly playlists for them to spark interest?

What I'd do with playlists:

--------------------------Ranked--------------------------
Team Arena (CTF, Strongholds, Slayer)
Slayer
Doubles
FFA
Swat (I actually think this should be social, ranked by likely community demand)

Developer Maps in Ranked Rotation:
Coliseum, Eden, Empire, Fathom, Mercy, Plaza, Regret, Stasis, The Rig, Truth, Tyrant

---------------------------Social----------------------------
Social Skirmish (CTF, Slayer, Assault, Ricochet, KoTH)
Team Snipers
Action Sack (Now including Infection)
Grifball
BTB
Rotational Weekend Playlist

Developer Maps in Social Rotation:
Coliseum, Eden, Empire, Fathom, Mercy, Molten, Overgrowth, Plaza, Regret, Riptide, Stasis, The Rig, Truth, Tyrant

--------------------------Warzone--------------------------
Warzone
Warzone Assault
Warzone Firefight (No skull modifiers, easier enemies, unlimited lives)
Warzone Firefight Mythic (Skull Modifiers, harder Enemies, limited lives per round)

Welfare

Really, this will probably (should) be the playlists in 2017. 5 playlists in each hopper, with either Social or Warzone getting a rotational playlist each week.

Ranked Arena
Team Arena (HCS)
Slayer
Doubles
Snipers
FFA

Social Arena
Team Skirmish (Put in Breakout)
BTB
Action Sack (Put in Fiesta/Super Fiesta)
Infection
Grifball

Warzone
Warzone
Warzone Assault
Heroic Warzone Firefight
Legendary Warzone Firefight
Mythic Warzone Firefight

Landfall is a solid map. Halo 4 had some pretty good DLC maps with Monolith, Landfall, Perdition, Shatter, Skyline and Outcast.

I enjoyed Halo 4's DLC, they added some really fun maps to the game that kept me playing. Also, despite its shortcomings, it had one of the best BTB experiences in the whole series thanks to that.

yeah accidently put up wrong file at first, never edited a gif before, but the occasion fueled my desire to learn (i.e. google and replicate)
Let's hope I can retire this one, for now:

ehFvkJy.gif

EDIT:
I enjoyed Halo 4's DLC, they added some really fun maps to the game that kept me playing. Also, despite its shortcomings, it had one of the best BTB experiences in the whole series thanks to that.
H A R V E S T
A
R
V
E
S
T

Trup1aya

Really, this will probably (should) be the playlists in 2017. 5 playlists in each hopper, with either Social or Warzone getting a rotational playlist each week.

Ranked Arena
Team Arena (HCS)
Slayer
Doubles
Snipers
FFA

Social Arena
Team Skirmish (Put in Breakout)
BTB
Action Sack (Put in Fiesta/Super Fiesta)
Infection
Grifball

Warzone
Warzone
Warzone Assault
Heroic Warzone Firefight
Legendary Warzone Firefight
Mythic Warzone Firefight

This actually looks pretty good to me, though i wouldn't arbitrarily stick to 5 playlists per hopper.

Swat probably has a loyal enough following to justify a playlist. And I'm surprised theirs no social slayer playlist.

Any word on whether team skirmish will be 4v4 or 5v5?i hate 5v5

Yep. Every game had good DLC maps, it's just in Reach and 4 you barely got to play them outside the barely-populated DLC playlists.

As the shooter market grows more saturated, I feel like map packs are going to start falling out of favor. That kind of business model just divides playerbases and results in massive dips in the population. This year alone, we've got Titanfall, Gears, Call of Duty, and Battlefield. Not to mention Halo 5 still holding strong after a year of post-launch support.

Maybe I'm just channeling my inner Michael Pachter, but Halo, Gears, and Titanfall abandoned paid map packs. Of those three games, the only one who really did poorly was Titanfall, and that's hardly because of its DLC model. Last I heard of Halo and Gears, turning to microtransactions was a significantly more profitable move than selling map packs.

FyreWulff

Yep. Every game had good DLC maps, it's just in Reach and 4 you barely got to play them outside the barely-populated DLC playlists.

Yep. I remember in Reach when they accidentally added DLC requirements to BTB, it went from 6,000 population to 1,500 in the next hour. Thankfully they fixed it real fast.

Hell, when we were submitting maps to Halo 4 for the CCs, we couldn't get Forge Island required for playlists because not enough people had downloaded it. A 100% free map. In a game that required you to own a hard drive to play it online.

UKUMI0

As the shooter market grows more saturated, I feel like map packs are going to start falling out of favor. That kind of business model just divides playerbases and results in massive dips in the population. This year alone, we've got Titanfall, Gears, Call of Duty, and Battlefield. Not to mention Halo 5 still holding strong after a year of post-launch support.

Maybe I'm just channeling my inner Michael Pachter, but Halo, Gears, and Titanfall abandoned paid map packs. Of those three games, the only one who really did poorly was Titanfall, and that's hardly because of its DLC model. Last I heard of Halo and Gears, turning to microtransactions was a significantly more profitable move than selling map packs.

We've still got Destiny which sort of has map packs, maps tied to paid DLC anyhow.

EDIT: Re-read and Destiny is not a traditional FPS so it doesn't count. Don't really play COD or Battlefield, but I assume they still use map packs.

We've still got Destiny which sort of has map packs, maps tied to paid DLC anyhow.

EDIT: Re-read and Destiny is not a traditional FPS so it doesn't count. Don't really play COD or Battlefield, but I assume they still use map packs.

Destiny gets a semi-pass because it's more of a heavily-instanced MMOFPS, and its expansions, not unlike World of Warcraft, add a lot of story content in addition to multiplayer stuff. There's some precedent for the pricetag.

Fuck Eververse, though. That stuff is so shitty.

And yes, BF1 and Infinite Warfare both have season passes with map packs and such.

FyreWulff

Destiny also makes the previous maps free to everyone whenever the next expansion comes out.

Theorry

This gen really showed already how important free maps are imo but most of all support.
See Rainbow Six Siege for example. Just got a big boost again. I think we see season passes still with COD and BF because they still can get away with it because of the large playerbase. But hopefully they change soon also.

UKUMI0

Last few updates came out around 9:00AM - 10:00AM PST IIRC.

So, about 5-6 hours from now.

Thanks, trying to convince a friend, who absolutely thinks 343 ruined Halo and Bungie can do no wrong, to come play

I'm hoping the allure of Nathan Fillion is enough

Thanks, trying to convince a friend, who absolutely thinks 343 ruined Halo and Bungie can do no wrong, to come play

I'm hoping the allure of Nathan Fillion is enough

Tell your friend 343 surpassed Bungie in terms of MP core gameplay. And you can also tell him that destiny MP is average at best.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is there a way to force updates on the One? Not seeing it under Manage Game.

Pulling power to force reboot apparently. Trying now as I'd love to get this going before i leave for work so it's done when I get home

Welfare

Updates usually roll out after 11AM EST, so we still probably have another hour or 2 before the update on Xbox.

This actually looks pretty good to me, though i wouldn't arbitrarily stick to 5 playlists per hopper.

Swat probably has a loyal enough following to justify a playlist. And I'm surprised theirs no social slayer playlist.

Any word on whether team skirmish will be 4v4 or 5v5?i hate 5v5
I heard 4v4 confirmed

I'm surprised no trailer was released about this update! They always have a trailer with some bass dropping edits and cuts!

but this is a massive update. THANK YOU SO MUCH 343i. I know there is still a lot you all are (hopefully) working on, but the continued support, and the confirmation of 2017 updates is great.

THANK YOU!

Tell everyone in the Studio that the G0SU gives them the blessing and to eat some burritos today. thnx.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Black eye skull for 4/5 rounds in Warzone FF?

Really?

The one skull that completely changes the dynamics of Halo and turns it into a forced CQB game? Black eye skull made ODST FF a terrible chore against drones/buggers? Any other skull than that one would be fine.

Black eye is a terrible, terrible choice for Mythic WZ. It changes the mechanics and strategy way too much.

Top Bottom