• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

jem0208

Whilst I'm loving some of the playlist changes they're making there does seem to almost be too many playlists now...

We have 15 Arena playlists and 5 Warzone playlists.

Whilst I'm sure this update and Christmas will cause a slight jump in the population is there really going to be enough to populate each of these playlists?

Looking at the Arena playlists I think there's definitely some consolidation which could be done.

Fuchsdh

Whilst I'm loving some of the playlist changes they're making there does seem to almost be too many playlists now...

We have 15 Arena playlists and 5 Warzone playlists.

Whilst I'm sure this update and Christmas will cause a slight jump in the population is there really going to be enough to populate each of these playlists?

Looking at the Arena playlists I think there's definitely some consolidation which could be done.

They seem to be open to changing it in the future, but I think for the purposes of testing the ranked/social split it's reasonable. I could also see the Legendary WZFF just turning into Mythic Firefight with the Heroic playlist for arcade play/scrubs.

Glass

So fucking excited to play H5 this weekend. Didn't think I'd be saying that we'll over a year after launch but here we are.

mo60

I hope the fireteam limit in Warzone and the other changes to the playlist prevent players like me who play solo from being crushed now. I also like the changes to warzone firefight.

Lol!!

Warzone fireteam limited to 6!
Suck shit teams!

I don't care if that one doesn't go down well, it simply had to be done for the good of the game mode... blow outs happen in almost every game right now, it's crap!

I hope the fireteam limit in Warzone and the other changes to the playlist prevent players like me who play solo from being crushed now. I also like the changes to warzone firefight.

Sounds like a tech issue (time to develop) but it would be nice to match similar party sizes more strictly than limit 8 player parties outright. Something like match solos/buddies as much as possible then match groups of 3-5 and 6-8 in their own games. Pop in some odd players here or there to fill spots. Provide a temporary lock for solos/buddies matching the same larger teams in the next 2 games and go from there.

Make the farming parties play each other as much as possible. Also limiting to 6 isn't going to stop farming, 6 friends out of 8 are still going to REQ shit how they please. The opening few REQ points is where the farming advantage comes in for the rest of the game.

Fuchsdh

Limiting Warzone fireteams to 6 players is not going to go over well. I bet and hope that gets changed back very quickly. And it looks like CTF and Assualt aren't being added to Warzone either. I didn't put much faith into those being added to Warzone.

Will go over better to probably most people, because it has become utterly dominated by full parties stomping everyone else.

Sounds like a tech issue (time to develop) but it would be nice to match similar party sizes more strictly than limit 8 player parties outright. Something like match solos/buddies as much as possible then match groups of 3-5 and 6-8 in their own games. Pop in some odd players here or there to fill spots.

Make the farming parties play each other as much as possible. Also limiting to 6 isn't going to stop farming, 6 friends out of 8 are still going to REQ shit how they please. The opening few REQ points is where the farming advantage comes in for the rest of the game.

6 players out of 12.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Limiting Warzone fireteams to 6 players is not going to go over well. I bet and hope that gets changed back very quickly. And it looks like CTF and Assualt aren't being added to Warzone either. I didn't put much faith into those being added to Warzone.

For context to some of those leaked VO calls, we don't get an unlimited amount of recording sessions with our announcers so we regularly add a bunch of extra script calls for features or items that may or may not ever see the light of day, just to make sure we have the broadest coverage possible.

They seem to be open to changing it in the future, but I think for the purposes of testing the ranked/social split it's reasonable. I could also see the Legendary WZFF just turning into Mythic Firefight with the Heroic playlist for arcade play/scrubs.

Yeah, the oversaturation of playlists seems simply for testing the waters and the players voting by population. I hope this goes for all playlists however. Infection, Grifball, Breakout should definitely be considered to be axed or rotated out.

They have to remember the Custom Games Browser should give people the opportunity to play these easier with others, we don't necessarily need matchmaking for them.

klaus

Same here. I've almost exclusively played ff in the last months, this update might change that, provided the adjustments work as intended.

nillapuddin

Well............ Don't throw it away just yet. We still haven't done a 360 pan-around to check it's Q U A L I T Y. What if it turns out to be an awkwardly tiny helmet like Decimator? Shrunken head Spartan IV's, etc.

With all due respect to our mutual 6-7 year long tortured love affair with Mk V helmet.

I feel like we need to take a leap of faith and trust in Delta.

Its gunna be okay Funk, I can feel it.

This update is trash without black undersuits.

J/k this update is great! Although I'm hoping Koth makes it to social skirmish instead of the minigmaes playlist

Fuchsdh

Yeah, the oversaturation of playlists seems simply for testing the waters and the players voting by population. I hope this goes for all playlists however. Infection, Grifball, Breakout should definitely be considered to be axed or rotated out.

They have to remember the Custom Games Browser should give people the opportunity to play these easier with others, we don't necessarily need matchmaking for them.

This probably goes more for a lot of Arena modes. I don't think the people playing Infection or Grifball are really drawing people away from Social or Ranked slayer or objective lists. They're big enough that they sustain their pops, whether or not HaloGAF is the target demo.

klaus

For people like me who don't remember which skull does what, here is the list of (stacking) effects in Mythic FF:
  • Enemies always go berserk, always dive out of the way, never flee
  • Shields don't recharge unless you melee enemies
  • Major upgrade to the capabilities of enemies
  • Enemies are grenade happy
  • Enemies have increased health
Sounds like it's going to be a slaughter ;)

Will go over better to probably most people, because it has become utterly dominated by full parties stomping everyone else.

Limiting the fireteams is a crappy bandaid to prevent fewer blowouts. And it has probably killed Warzone company nights. My Spartan company use to run those on Friday and Saturday. Friday would be WZ:A and Saturday would be WZ. When WZ:A was changed to 6 man fireteams we had to stop playing because we had to many people. And I'm sure a similar thing will happen for WZ now. Now if we have more than 6 people we have to play BTB which is trash with BR starts. Also, it really seems weird to me that the largest game mode in H5 has you play with fewer friends than the second largest game mode.

For context to some of those leaked VO calls, we don't get an unlimited amount of recording sessions with our announcers so we regularly add a bunch of extra script calls for features or items that may or may not ever see the light of day, just to make sure we have the broadest coverage possible.

Thanks for providing some context to those leaks.

I'm about to read through all these updates, but what a time to be alive Halo bros.

This post-launch support is what we all wanted for years, based 343.

With all due respect to our mutual 6-7 year long tortured love affair with Mk V helmet.

I feel like we need to take a leap of faith and trust in Delta.

Its gunna be okay Funk, I can feel it.
actually FUNK

theres the

I love you, but
15RZdZj.png

Limiting the fireteams is a crappy bandaid to prevent fewer blowouts. And it has probably killed Warzone company nights. My Spartan company use to run those on Friday and Saturday. Friday would be WZ:A and Saturday would be WZ. When WZ:A was changed to 6 man fireteams we had to stop playing because we had to many people. And I'm sure a similar thing will happen for WZ now. Now if we have more than 6 people we have to play BTB which is trash with BR starts. Also, it really seems weird to me that the largest game mode in H5 has you play with fewer friends than the second largest game.

Yeah that sucks, but now it might be ok for the rest of us to step foot into warzone without being hammered.
I used to love warzone, now I get to play it again.

psyfi

Banned
Man, I'm having a pretty shit day of Halo. I've played for about four hours, two in the morning and two now, and it's been gnarly. Awful connections, lopsided matches, teams of four going up against me and randoms such as kakarotsaiayjin and TheCraftyBeaver.

I need to figure out why the hell my mics never work and start mass adding decent randos.

Man, I'm having a pretty shit day of Halo. I've played for about four hours, two in the morning and two now, and it's been gnarly. Awful connections, lopsided matches, teams of four going up against me and randoms such as kakarotsaiayjin and TheCraftyBeaver.

I need to figure out why the hell my mics never work and start mass adding decent randos.

Wait for tomorrow/this weekend. HaloGAF should be out in full force
for at least a week before we all bugger off again.

BizzyBum

Kind of a bad weekend to have HCS Finals. I want to play but I also want to watch this all weekend. Free gold reqs, too.

I'm interested to see how much XP the Mythic Firefights give out, especially with boosts. Might make the XP grind easier at higher levels.

TCKaos

On a scale of yes to no how possible is it to make an asymmetrical objective gametype that is similar to territories or invasion with these scripting updages?

I have 150k Req points plus 5 gold packs ready for tomorrow, I already have everything unlocked so that sould be enough for the new Reqs

Fuchsdh

I have.... 20K and still have unlocks remaining. Will take a while :p

Will definitely be looking to play tomorrow and Friday with Gaffers or otherwise.

This update needs 115k REQ points I believe.

Sweet thanks!

This image is from my old Halo 3 file share the tittle is "Believe or die" now it's relevant again :p

I should be on tomorrow.

Gonna pre order Halo Wars 2 and get those REQ packs as well.

Like I said before on Mexico the cost of the Ultimate Edition for me was $65 USD on the Windows 10 store try to see if it's the same on the US store

Played some today. With my previous rank of onyx in slayer... im staying away from it forever now lol. All this time off and i know i cant keep up now. Let alone getting used to the drift i have with my right stick now. :( ima scrub

I wish Oddball and KoTH would get medal/announcer support. Team ball should also have different models that can be selected to differentiate between game types. Ball (Ricochet), Skull (Oddball), Bomb (Assault). We really only need medals for Oddball, Ricochet can use Assault medals.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Did I imagine that there would be a firefight playlist with limited lives?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
There were sound files that hinted but it was never outright confirmed.

Bummer. Would love e a toned down experience, with limited live and players. Warzine firefight imo is best in the early levels against waves of fairly average foes. ARC defendinging the garage level one is hreat (if not too easy with 8 people). I'd love a mode geared for a challenge of 4 or so with mainly standard ai and no or limited reqs rather than 8 players against bullet sponges using tanks.

This update definitely sounds like a great step in the right direction. There is no way I'm going to download +90gb, but it's nice to see that 343 isn't giving up and they'll continue to support H5. So props to them.

This update definitely sounds like a great step in the right direction. There is no way I'm going to download +90gb, but it's nice to see that 343 isn't giving up and they'll continue to support H5. So props to them.
Why uninstall in the first place lol

you must Believe

Top Bottom