• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Fuchsdh

Black eye skull for 4/5 rounds in Warzone FF?

Really?

The one skull that completely changes the dynamics of Halo and turns it into a forced CQB game? Black eye skull made ODST FF a terrible chore against drones/buggers? Any other skull than that one would be fine.

Black eye is a terrible, terrible choice for Mythic WZ. It changes the mechanics and strategy way too much.

No one is forcing you to play it, though. And there's no flying enemies to melee in H5.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
No one is forcing you to play it, though. And there's no flying enemies to melee in H5.

I love FF and it being a difficult experience. I just want it to play like regular Halo but harder. It's super disappointing to be so close to a great playlist that I would love but so far away because of one modifier.

Nowise10

Excited to get back in Halo 5 after a couple of months hiatus with this update.

Maybe I'll finally get the Halo 2 BR that came out a year ago.

m23

Excited to get back in Halo 5 after a couple of months hiatus with this update.

Maybe I'll finally get the Halo 2 BR that came out a year ago.

After waiting to get it for so long and finally getting it...the H2 br really isn't that great for warzone IMO.

link1201

I love FF and it being a difficult experience. I just want it to play like regular Halo but harder. It's super disappointing to be so close to a great playlist that I would love but so far away because of one modifier.
I liked the solo ff experience in Halo Reach. I'd love that to return.

In Halo 5: Forge

Couple of bugs:
Carbine reticle is a sword reticle (what)
Pretty sure you cannot go beyond 7 players in a customs lobby.

Nowise10

In Halo 5: Forge

Couple of bugs:
Carbine reticle is a sword reticle (what)
Pretty sure you cannot go beyond 7 players in a customs lobby.

The carbine reticle is the swords reticle even in like custom games? Or just in Forge?

And I saw an image of the Custom Game Browser only showing 7 players. If it really can't go beyond 7 players and isn't just a bug with the text, then rip...

The carbine reticle is the swords reticle even in like custom games? Or just in Forge?

And I saw an image of the Custom Game Browser only showing 7 players. If it really can't go beyond 7 players and isn't just a bug with the text, then rip...

It can't go beyond 7, I hosted and never had more than 7 players with an 8/16 player cap. The carbine reticle is a sword in customs.

After waiting to get it for so long and finally getting it...the H2 br really isn't that great for warzone IMO.

Disagree. Halo 2 BR seems to be a little more deadly in practice- it seems to have significantly more magnetism (or maybe it's the slower burst letting you get glancing headshots easier?). It does take some getting used to, though.

Fuchsdh

I got DMRs quickly. So the H2BR is basically my DMR at this point. At this armor I don't care about instead of the BR unlock...

(Still don't have the expanded mag magnum or any of the magnum variants, either, for whatever reason.)

I got DMRs quickly. So the H2BR is basically my DMR at this point. At this armor I don't care about instead of the BR unlock...

(Still don't have the expanded mag magnum or any of the magnum variants, either, for whatever reason.)

Yeah, it took forever to get the BR, and even longer to get the stupid pistols. I had it down to like 30 pieces of armor before the pistols came in.

I think 343 could make stupid amounts of microtransaction money if they just offered up unlocks a la carte.

Yeah, it took forever to get the BR, and even longer to get the stupid pistols. I had it down to like 30 pieces of armor before the pistols came in.

I think 343 could make stupid amounts of microtransaction money if they just offered up unlocks a la carte.

I got the pistols in my first few packs after the update, still no BR.

Just played my first game of team skirmish and I got matched with Unyshek and Ske7ch. I really didn't feel anything that different with the aiming though. Maybe after a few more games I'll notice it or I'll fiddle around with my settings a bit.

Strider

Oh wow there are so many playlists now holy shit lol (I haven't read the blog posts or anything).

I played a game on PC with controller now to try on Xbox to see if it feels the same.

Edit: Noticed immediately it still feels way better on PC.

Akai__

Played with controller on PC and aiming still terrible. But even the Mouse crowd says it's still pretty bad.

Will soon fire it up on Xbox One and see how it is on there. I don't have a good feeling, though...

jem0208

Just played my first game of team skirmish and I got matched with Unyshek and Ske7ch. I really didn't feel anything that different with the aiming though. Maybe after a few more games I'll notice it or I'll fiddle around with my settings a bit.

Did you have a problem with the aiming before the update?

Did you have a problem with the aiming before the update?

Only time I ever struggle with the aiming is when I bounce back and forth between other shooters or take an extended break from the game. I did take about a 2 month break after I got Achilles at the end of September and just recently started playing again and my shot still isn't all the way back yet.

It could have been the server though because I'm in southwest Florida and I got matched with 3 people who work at 343 who live very far away from me.

Strider

Hmmmmm Alright I do think the aiming feels a little better. I've also changed my acceleration all the way up to 5 now whereas 3 felt great on PC. Maybe it's a server thing....Afterall I'm working with a small sample size here. It wasn't immediately atrocious tho like the last time tried to play right after some Titanfall 2 lol

Anyway this update seems pretty damn great... I need to go read all the blog posts. Might even try getting a 4v4 customs/no radar lobby going tonight.

E92 M3

Only time I ever struggle with the aiming is when I bounce back and forth between other shooters or take an extended break from the game. I did take about a 2 month break after I got Achilles at the end of September and just recently started playing again and my shot still isn't all the way back yet.

It could have been the server though because I'm in southwest Florida and I got matched with 3 people who work at 343 who live very far away from me.

Indicative of a massive problem - hopefully it has been addressed.

Also, 343 is killing it with forge.

Can't tell if it's different or not, need to play a few more.

Strongholds on Molten
wutface.png

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Improved melee strike registration reliability ("ghost melee")
Fixed an issue with controller input delay ("heavy reticle")
Fixed an issue where some weapons could be fired more quickly than intended

yes yes YES

Can't tell if it's different or not, need to play a few more.

Strongholds on Molten
wutface.png

i havent tried it, but that seems like it could actually work. certainly better than slayer does.

Improved melee strike registration reliability ("ghost melee")
Fixed an issue with controller input delay ("heavy reticle")
Fixed an issue where some weapons could be fired more quickly than intended

yes yes YES

i havent tried it, but that seems like it could actually work. certainly better than slayer does.

It's arguably faster than Empire SH to me.

Top Bottom