• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Damn nice work Frank that was very good

giphy.gif

Fuchsdh

Okay.

Nobody played the first version, might as well try and sneak a new one into rotation.

I actually will do this.

I'm hopeful the custom games browser will boost player counts for things like HBO's customs night, where we normally have enough for small and arena maps but rarely pull the 12+ people you need to do BTB. Having guests join would probably be preferable, but we'll see how it goes.

wwm0nkey

Well the Flag and ball are now objects so they can be used with scripting. 1 Flag here we come!

EDIT: Oh man boundaries can have their own scripts in it So "hills" can have an underwater effect or etc when you are inside of them

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/monitor-s-bounty-arena-update

Quick Impressions:

Thought they would show off the new Team Arena settings today, guess I can wait a few days.
Orion/Pegasus II wat
Glad Snipers is permanent.
H1/H2 SWAT is awesome.
Surprised KOTH is in only Action Sack and not Skirmish. Crazy King and Diminished King I am unsure what that is.
Triple Team is 3v3v3?
In for Shotty Snipers
No mention of aim update, must be in patch notes

jem0208

Quick Impressions:

Thought they would show off the new Team Arena settings today, guess I can wait a few days.
Orion/Pegasus II wat
H1/H2 SWAT is awesome.
Surprised KOTH is in only Action Sack and not Skirmish. Crazy King and Diminished King I am unsure what that is.
Triple Team is 3v3v3?
In for Shotty Snipers
Diminished king is a mode where it starts with all the hills available and removes them over time until there’s only one left.

RoKKeR

Quick Impressions:

Orion/Pegasus II wat
H1/H2 SWAT is awesome.
Triple Team is 3v3v3?
In for Shotty Snipers
Good stuff here. Excited about the Social hopper.

The new Arena update is looking fantastic, definitely a great start for year two.

Also very happy to see Mercy in more playlists, I never got that map nearly enough.

Edit: Not a huge fan of Pegasus, but the updated version looks real nice visually. Curious to see what Orion looks like after a year.

I'm predicting Snipers gets moved to ranked/social depending on which is more popular (hoping for Social). Super Fiesta gets bumped to Action Sack or rotated again and Triple Team is axed.

I'd really like Gun Game to be an official mini-game created by 343.

Diminished king is a mode where it starts with all the hills available and removes them over time until there’s only one left.

Thanks, never have played it.

nillapuddin

Hmph, they didnt put the *added online multiplayer bot opponents* in the notes

because, realistically, how are we gunna populate all those playlists and custom game browser?

i love you guys, but..

ultimota

probably too many playlists though o_O 2 different snipers playlists? and fiesta should really just be in action sack (outside featured playlist weekend/weeks) and triple team should also probs just be a featured playlist

ultimota

I gotta say, Slayer/Snipers/Breakout/SWAT should not be ranked playlists. Hell, Breakout at this point should just be in Action Sack.

agree'd, well im cool with slayer being ranked but snipes and swat should just be social and yeah breakout should just be in action sack.

the biggest WTF is the fact there are 2 sniper playlists though its really odd o_O

agree'd, well im cool with slayer being ranked but snipes and swat should just be social and yeah breakout should just be in action sack.

the biggest WTF is the fact there are 2 sniper playlists though its really odd o_O

Ranked 4v4 Halo should just follow the HCS. Which plays both obj and slayer. With the population so small it just doesn't make sense to keep both around, at least to myself and others.

So ideally we would have:

Ranked
- Team Arena/HCS
- Doubles
- FFA

Social
- Social Skirmish
- BTB
- Snipers
- Action Sack (various gametypes + Super Fiesta)
- Infection or Breakout (whichever not chosen go into Action Sack)
- SWAT
- Grifball

I feel like they have so many exclusive maps for Infection/Breakout that they are afraid to put them into Action Sack.

I've played on both the updated Orion and Pegasus they're both much improved.

Riptide, Overgrowth and Molten have no place in ranked now that we have core social playlists.

BTB really needs to be pistol starts, Basin needs to be removed.

and now I can finally retire this

8ISb60P.png

until the next game : /
Well............ Don't throw it away just yet. We still haven't done a 360 pan-around to check it's Q U A L I T Y. What if it turns out to be an awkwardly tiny helmet like Decimator? Shrunken head Spartan IV's, etc.

I'm still waiting for the "This update is great, butttttt........." moments lol, which we may be starting to see now with this in-progress CGB and two Snipers playlists. Although, I don't think it'd be too bad gathering people while playing then starting a fresh game once enough people are gathered, but we'll see. One thing I'm a little concerned with is someone joining a custom game expecting to play one thing, then the host changing to something else once they have enough people.

That being said, it's great to feel the LUV in the air ;b

Top Bottom