• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Saw there's a new update, looks pretty sweet. Time for me to play some haloz again?

Also, how was that boarding aoe thing not identified as a bug immediately? I just thought it was a terrible design change.

Karl2177

I'm going to do a contest on here for my gift req pack. Whoever gives me the most gift packs wins.

Kidding. What I want is a post that discusses what you think is the biggest success for Halo 5 and what you think its biggest flaw is. Min 3 paragraphs for each. Pictures aren't necessary, but they help break up the text and can give additional context to what you're saying. So I can be lazy, include "Karl's Contest" at the top or bottom of the post; this way I can just use the search function. If I think there's more than 1 post that stands out I'll buy some more for people. Deadline is next Monday.

Still gonna do this even though I don't expect anyone to do it.

Strider

Connections/Aiming feel soooooo much better for me on PC.... My time with this game will be spent there from now on. Really thankful they added a customs browser for the PC version.

So uh is it known that resolutions above 1080p on PC make some of the hud go weird.

The carbine only has like 1/4 of it's reticle, and the spartan charge reticle thing is thicker on one side.

klaus

Anyone else getting the Season Pass Error when trying to buy the voice pack?

I need that grunt announcer asap, damn!

Loving skirmish, but would prefer if it was 4v4 instead of 5v5. Feels a bit too crowded given some of the map sizes.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm just dumb.

EYEL1NER

Damn, turned on the Xbone just now and assumed the update would have downloaded. Nope...
First time booting up Halo in a good minute, after getting lost in Forza Horizon 3, Lego Marvel Superheroes, Sniper Elite 3, Overwatch, Titanfall 2, and taking care of my newborn son that we had a couple weeks ago. I figured that the new update was the perfect chance to jump back in and now I've gotta wait at least an hour probably. But hey, good thing that the newest updates for Goat Simulator and Minecraft auto downloaded! /s

Streaks

Not sure if it was mentioned already but the colors may have been changed. The Brown I normally use is far brighter in the menus than it was before.

EYEL1NER

Feel the Swift

just sent
Thanks, I sent mine as well.
My hiatus from Halo coincided with my completing my Silver REQ packs; I needed a break badly. I was hoping to get something really good from the Gold pack you sent and I got a Morph AR and the Take Out The Trash execution. I probably should have waited for my update to download, got on and played until I had bought enough Silvers to unlock all the new Rare and below REQs, and then opened the Gold to guarantee something higher ranked. Oh well...

Oh my bad, was looking at some post game stats and forget it was join session in progress and noticed more players than I thought were in the game; thought it was 5v4 and someone left.

All good, Shotty Snipers and Super Fiesta seem to be the only 5v5 playlists.

Not sure why people are saying social is just with hidden ranks, I am matching with/against significantly worse people now. Seems like a crapshoot

Thanks, I sent mine as well.
My hiatus from Halo coincided with my completing my Silver REQ packs; I needed a break badly. I was hoping to get something really good from the Gold pack you sent and I got a Morph AR and the Take Out The Trash execution. I probably should have waited for my update to download, got on and played until I had bought enough Silvers to unlock all the new Rare and below REQs, and then opened the Gold to guarantee something higher ranked. Oh well...

Lol I just opened mine accidentally, got a couple new helmets.

All good, Shotty Snipers and Super Fiesta seem to be the only 5v5 playlists.

Not sure why people are saying social is just with hidden ranks, I am matching with/against significantly worse people now. Seems like a crapshoot

Ah that must have been what tripped me up, forgot I did a round of shotty snipes. And yeah, balancement in social can be a bit off sometimes.

blamite

Alright, who wants my gold pack? I don't care if you have one to trade or anything, I just wanna get rid of this thing lol. As long as you still have stuff to you need to unlock.

Also to everyone complaining about SBMM in social playlists who just wants to shit on BKs or whatever, don't worry, the awful 50-8 (I had 6 of the 8) slayer game I just got out of days it's still possible.

By the way, did Arena map layouts get updated/reverted? I'm pretty sure the SMGs on Plaza had silencers yesterday, but they definitely don't now?

Alright, who wants my gold pack? I don't care if you have one to trade or anything, I just wanna get rid of this thing lol. As long as you still have stuff to you need to unlock.

Also to everyone complaining about SBMM in social playlists who just wants to shit on BKs or whatever, don't worry, the awful 50-8 (I had 6 of the 8) slayer game I just got out of days it's still possible.

By the way, did Arena map layouts get updated/reverted? I'm pretty sure the SMGs on Plaza had silencers yesterday, but they definitely don't now?

I could use a gold pack. I have not completed it yet.

GT: The Papasmurf

Top Bottom