• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

nillapuddin

got home from work, flew in the door, turn on the xbox...

WHY DOESNT AUTO UPDATING EVER WORK ON MY CONSOLE ANYMORE

rw1qzj8x3.gif~c200

jem0208

Shouldn't updates auto-update when the update comes out? If you wanted it to update later, you probably wouldn't turn on auto-update.

Probably to prevent server overload. if every person with H5 installed and auto update on started downloading at the same time it could cause things to slow to a crawl. Better to prioritise those who are actively trying to play the game than people who are away from there xbox.

Probably to prevent server overload. if every person with H5 installed and auto update on started downloading at the same time it could cause things to slow to a crawl. Better to prioritise those who are actively trying to play the game than people who are away from there xbox.

Isn't a problem on PlayStation4. When I put my PS4 console on standby in the morning and I get home all my games are all updated. That's never the case with Xbox. I don't think it's worked once on my Xbox, ever.

Just a reminder to not send your gift pack to those of us that have everything unlocked (just got one from mo) Send them to some poor sap like Daedalius who doesn't have all the unlocks.

Isn't a problem on PlayStation4. When I put my PS4 console on standby in the morning and I get home all my games are all updated. That's never the case with Xbox. I don't think it's worked once on my Xbox, ever.

Halo is the only game for me that doesn't auto update. Dashboard and other games are fine for me.

Trup1aya

Isn't a problem on PlayStation4. When I put my PS4 console on standby in the morning and I get home on my games are all updated. That's never the case with Xbox. I don't think it's worked once on my Xbox, ever.

Are you sure you just hadn't been on the lucky end of the waves on ps4. I honestly have no idea how it works.

MOST of time if an update comes out while I'm at work. It'll be downloaded by the time i get home. I think I've had two occasions where it didn't happen- one of which it started downloading just before i got there.

Are you sure you just hadn't been on the lucky end of the waves on ps4. I honestly have no idea how it works.

MOST of time if an update comes out while I'm at work. It'll be downloaded by the time i get home. I think I've had two occasions where it didn't happen- one of which it started downloading just before i got there.

Well I don't know how else to explain it. If when I get home my updates always work on one of my consoles and they never work on the other, with the same Internet connection and in the same area...then problem is obvious no?

Spent $10 so Nathan Fillion could tell me I'm a loser. Worth it.

lol the Morph BR is REQ lvl 6

Still dreaming of the day when we get to just customize loadout weapons. Pair any sight with any attachment you want and just go. Tracker with suppressor, Morph with extended mags, whatever. The new sights are a cool idea, but being unable to use attachments with them is what kills them for me.

singhr1

Spent $10 so Nathan Fillion could tell me I'm a loser. Worth it.

Still dreaming of the day when we get to just customize loadout weapons. Pair any sight with any attachment you want and just go. Tracker with suppressor, Morph with extended mags, whatever. The new sights are a cool idea, but being unable to use attachments with them is what kills them for me.

Yeah, I actually like the morph sight a lot too

Trup1aya

Well I don't know how else to explain it. If when I get home my updates always work on one of my consoles and they never work on the other, with the same Internet connection and in the same area...then problem is obvious no?

Not if your situation is isolated. That's what I'm getting at. It's entirely possible that both handle it the same, but you happen to end up on the front end of the waves when it comes to Sony. That's all I'm saying. Could be MS is just fucking up...

Akai__

Gifting REQ Pack results into softlocking the game... Can't do anything in that screen and have to restart the game.

UKUMI0

Anyone else disappointed that Shotty Snipers shows the Mythic versions of both weapons but it uses the default?

I sort of wanted to go full ham in that playlist.

Gifting REQ Pack results into softlocking the game... Can't do anything in that screen and have to restart the game.

I gifted mine no problem. Odd.

More importantly:

Fixed an issue where AOE damage was not being applied to players boarding heavy vehicles

So, this has been an issue since launch and they're just now fixing it? I figured it was just a change to the game that I didn't like. JFC, do they realize how many wraiths and scorpions I've lost to this bullshit?

Welfare

So, this has been an issue since launch and they're just now fixing it? I figured it was just a change to the game that I didn't like. JFC, do they realize how many wraiths and scorpions I've lost to this bullshit?
My friend and I freaked when we read that. How is that not something you notice right away?

EYEL1NER

I'll swap a REQ pack with someone who needs to. Is there a time limit on how long it is active? Like if I don't gift it within a week it's gone or something?

My friend and I freaked when we read that. How is that not something you notice right away?
Which means either it was a real tricky bug to track down or it was a low priority fix (for over a goddamn year). There was no mention of this being a bug until now, so I suppose it might actually have been a conscious change and enough people complained?

Sometimes this lack of transparency is ridiculous.

Top Bottom