• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Thanks to everyone who stopped by on my my stream, man I seriously don't know what to do with all the free gold packs I don't believe it

Open them

Before the stream I had 150k Req points ready to unlock all the new reqs from the update plus 5 Gold packs but during the event my followers started to send me gold packs like crazy!!! I already have everything unlocked and there is still at least 80 gold packs from them, I might do a video to show them my gratitude

Found a glitch where sometimes it will not find me a lobby, and when I back out to try again it doesn't allow me to choose a playlist.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
New warzine is kind of nice in that no one needs to call in shit

And the aim improvements feel gooood

Buck is pretty disappointing as an announcer, comments are pretty boring and lacking in polish.

I'll be trying the grunt next, have a feeling I'll end up sticking with the monitor.

Buck is pretty disappointing as an announcer, comments are pretty boring and lacking in polish.

I'll be trying the grunt next, have a feeling I'll end up sticking with the monitor.

He gets pretty hyped once you start pulling off multi-kills, but otherwise his general comments are indeed pretty unexciting. Lightbulb is just adorable, so I'll probably wind up switching between her and Buck.

Miker

Got my first Game Saver medal in a Halo 5 Forge game I just played after playing the Xbone version for 80 hours (sold my 'bone a while back). Goddamn that felt good.

JDB

Banned
CzN-kkPUsAQNBRI.png

God is dead.

Orion II

I went from campaign to warzone when halo 5 first came out, didn't touch arena for the first couple of months so I hadn't seen Orion until today.

What a shit map!
I didn't believe you guys, I don't mind riptide, Pegasus, stasis etc so I was keen to try Orion... Please remove it again 343, PLEASE!!!

mo60

Orion II

I went from campaign to warzone when halo 5 first came out, didn't touch arena for the first couple of months so I hadn't seen Orion until today.

What a shit map!
I didn't believe you guys, I don't mind riptide, Pegasus, stasis etc so I was keen to try Orion... Please remove it again 343, PLEASE!!!

The framerate drops a lot on Orion for some reason also. The one match I played on that map was awful.

He gets pretty hyped once you start pulling off multi-kills, but otherwise his general comments are indeed pretty unexciting. Lightbulb is just adorable, so I'll probably wind up switching between her and Buck.

Yabda is actually pretty good!!!

Edit- no I was wrong, yabda is very good!!!
Really funny in warzone, worth the purchase

Welfare

Just experienced some BS on Jungle Rush. Was the leader, passed a checkpoint, and the game didn't register it. By the time I realized it and went back, I dropped to 7th.

UKUMI0

Just experienced some BS on Jungle Rush. Was the leader, passed a checkpoint, and the game didn't register it. By the time I realized it and went back, I dropped to 7th.

I was just in a race where half the members started killing each other, I took the lead by like 5 checkpoints (half the course).

nillapuddin

Heads up for all you custom lobby players, my two latest BTB remakes are in "Holiday Release" which basically means 100% finished but if there are bugs or bad feedback I can pretend like its still a wip! : D !

GO GO GO

R1Iyklf.png

Also, Highly recommend the updated Smashketball Arena & Gametype (standard grifball + throwing scores) for hoopin' fun

edit: if you still aren't playing Nok and I's Avalanche, whatswrongwithyou.gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I only briefly got to play last night and wanted to share my experience in the customs browser. I didn't search for anything specific, but rather scanned through the first few pages looking for something to grab me. Tried to join a duck hunt game, that always looked cool, but sadly was full. Saw a remake of Zanzibar, but that too was full. Finally settled on some random forge map for some "slayer fun". Match loads with me spawning in an urban looking setting with a battle playing out 20 feet in front of me. I kill both players then die to someone behind me. Where'd he come from, my back was to a wall? I respawn, in the same position I did originally, and see the guy who killed me 20 feet ahead, and killed him! This went on longer than it should have before I realised how shit this maps spawn system was. After spawning and literally sprinting away from that position as quickly as possible I find that there is way more to this map then a tiny area of constant battles and death from behind. You see just around the corner there were players in temple ghosts, or with random req weapons, including one with that insanely over powered hammer that sends out shock waves killing anything in his path. Strange enough, that guy was only able to be taken down when his ammo finally ran out.

Who would have guessed this wouldn't work so well? All in all it was a really shitty match with a complete and utter lack of balance or thought to how it would play out. It's what I imagine a 10 year old would create, who didn't know any better, and would play with his friends way past bedtime (10:15 pm) laughing with his mates and spilling Cheetos and mt dew all over the place. I'm probably not far off.

And yet, despite how objectively bad it was, IT WAS AMAZING THAT I COULD EXPERIENCE IT. I'm sure customs will be filled with dog shit like this, but thank you 343 for not being afraid to let us wallow in it. I can't wait to crawl through all of this and stumble on truly new and exciting things. I can't wait till I make my own maps and finally get to play then. I can't wait till the communities best bubbles to the top. I can't wait. Thanks 343, this is literally the best thing to hit halo since Xbox live on halo 2.

Top Bottom