• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Have you ever thought what would make wasps even more unbearable? Well, we at 343 Industries have just the answer! We've made 2 more wasp variants that have added armor and can kill you in 0.1 seconds from the main gun! If you thought it was annoying attempting to take them out before, it's even more annoying note! For only $25 they can be yours also.

It's actually kind of amazing that they haven't been able to balance flying vehicles since Halo 3. You would think someone, at some point would be like "wow it's actually kind of hard to hit things that move really fast in three dimensions. And why did we give them a one-hit kill weapon that also has splash damage?"

wwm0nkey

First game of BTB.

All players on other team: Hey lets work togther
My Team: FUCK YOU IM GOING TO SHOOT IN THE AIR AND ONLY AT TEAM MATES

Karl2177

It's actually kind of amazing that they haven't been able to balance flying vehicles since Halo 3. You would think someone, at some point would be like "wow it's actually kind of hard to hit things that move really fast in three dimensions. And why did we give them a one-hit kill weapon that also has splash damage?"

The Falcon was great in Reach. It's just that they had to pair it with the most powerful Banshee in the series. It also wasn't a pilot operated weapon either.

And it all goes back to the terrible vehicle health model that we've had since Reach. I think 343i tried to make it more like the old health model with the shields on Wasps and Banshees and such, but it doesn't match the shield meter in the UI. It also goes into the whole kill faster thing that Halo 5 has, where most of the base vehicles are 1 hit kills.

The shotgun is a huge issue on Pegasus II Strongholds.
It's on an extremely short respawn time and is effective for protecting all 3 objectives.

Glass

Watching pro's elegantly move and thrust slide is almost as satisfying as doing it in game.

I swear to god I'm terrified of what might change movement wise for Halo 6.

klaus

So here goes try 2 with WZ: it's a jip (we have half as many points), we're down 2 people most of the time (sometimes only 1, yay), enemy captures all bases and starts farming. I actually managed to capture a base and get a whopping 5 kills by the end of a 275-1000 loss (I even took down a hannibal wasp ;). Lag was more or less acceptable. I'm not even angry, guess three times is the charm!

Fuchsdh

The Hannibal Wasp is a pretty interesting REQ variant, in that it trades suppressive fire and point damage for a more powerful burst weapon and then basically a carpet bomb secondary. Still haven't gotten the hang of it. Feel like the ONI variants are more my play style (goes for all the vehicle REQs really.)

klaus

So the third wz game was an actual "improvement" - another jip, we're down 330 - 570. No further quitters and I get 7 kills this time (vs 9 deaths), we lose 1000 - 735. That's enough losses for today, might try one more time tomorrow.

TCKaos

Anyone noticed how pleasant the Customs community is?

It's like the olden days.

It's actually pretty amazing. The other night we were playing some customs and I opened the game without realizing that it would put it on the server list. Surprised me when we started playing and we had a full game. It was awesome being able to grab that many people instantly. It's gonna give this game legs for sure.

It's going to make this kind of stuff so much easier.

Anyone noticed how pleasant the Customs community is?

It's like the olden days.
It took you what, several months to implement this when people have been begging for a CGB for about a decade now? I'm just glad you finally realized it; it's never too late for greatness.
giphy.gif
Hope rising.

psyfi

Banned
Shame that Cratos won't be relegated but I'm glad that Bubu and Shooter aren't being relegated. Should be a good one between ALG and 3sUp.
What does being relegated mean in this context? Despite watching a dozen or more tournaments over the years I'm still not really familiar with the jargon.

Detective

Bubu really needs a new team. Hes a great player.

Also Can't wait for HW2. It really has amazing halo feeling to it. And the trailer man. So incredible.

Anybody knows when the buy the limited edition and get HW1 Def edition runs out?

Top Bottom