• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

It's yours.

Eh, wish they didn't restrict this REQ Pack gifting to friends. Should be able to send them to folks in your Company/Club as well.

[EDIT] - Did I miss out on the Team Envyus and Liquid weapon skins? :(

Thank you !!!!! You blessed me with the h2 br!!!!!

Praise theee Sai!!!

Gwyn

Next level shit

zCAU01d.gif

EYEL1NER

For the first time in a while, I got dropped from the server. It was in a BTB match that was going favorably for my team and one that I was shockingly doing well in. I swore under my breath and started searching for another match, only to get a Strongholds match on Recurve, which is one of my least liked gametypes. It started off pretty bad but the team turned it around. I actually performed decently as well, I guess. And I know going for all three is never a good thing but my team went out and got total control on two separate occasions and held them for a while. Final score was 150-83, and at the beginning people on my team were quitting because the other side had great control with vehicles and capped all three pretty early. I hate Strongholds, so when things went bad right off the bat, I assumed it would probably be a shutout. But I'm glad I stuck in there (I never quit anyway though).

EDIT: Hot damn, I didn't know there were Gambit REQs for AI kills. I just got a Legendary Gambit: AI Kills REQ from a promotion pack. That will come in handy for sure in WZFF.

Theorry

Well the cats out of the bag

-----------------------------------------

HCS Winter Arena Changes (IN TESTING)

Unless stated otherwise, all other weapons/items remain in their current Fall Season locations

Coliseum
1x Splinter Grenade Added Bottom Mid (Total Map Splinters: 3)
Removed Pyramid/Steps Splinter Grenades

Regret
Scattershot replaced with Storm Rifle (Tunnel, Tier 2)
ALL Splinter Grenades REMOVED
Silenced Assault Rifle added Pink 1

Empire
SAW Removed
Active Camo added Tower 2 (behind Barrels)
Silenced AR added Tower 1
Battle Rifle added Tower 3
ALL Splinter Grenades Removed
1x Plasma Grenade aded to Red/Blue Sneaky

Truth
Pink 2 Battle Rifle Removed
Hydra Removed
Fuel Rod Removed
Red/Blue Storm Rifles Removed
Plasma Pistol Removed
Top Mid Splinters Removed
Battle Rifles added to Red/Blue 1 (Back of Base)
Storm Rifle added Bottom Mid (Tier 2)
Grenade Launcher placed Top Mid (Tier 3, Two Minute Timer)

The Rig
SMG moved to Bottom Nest (FUCK. YEAH!)
Trench Splinters removed
Grenade Launcher replaces Plasma Caster
Scattershot replaces Shotgun
Needler replaces Song of Peace Suppressor
(Strongholds) SPNKr Rockets replace Railgun

Plaza
ALL Splinters Removed (Top Orange, S4/Cinema Loft, Flower Bridge, U-Turn)
2x Splinters Added Cafe Window
Storm Rifle moved back to Bottom Mid (Tier 2)
2x Plasmas moved to Tram
2x Plasmas moved to between Hotel & Dip
Un-silenced the SMG
Hotel Battle Rifle moved to Cafe
Battle Rifle added to Eastgate (Between Hotel & Lift)

Fathom
Storm Rifles removed
Removed all Splinters (Treehouse & Porch)
1x Splinter added to each old Storm Location (Red/Blue Sub)
Silenced Assault Rifle added to Treehouses (old Splinter cubby)
Flag Spawns moved closer to Generator
(Potential respawn point changes, I didn’t investigate spawns. This goes for other maps as well)

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/1...ams-seeds-and-discussion‏/page-32#entry878650

Welfare

All of those look like good changes. Radar still in tho

Storm Rifle also relegated to only 1 per map if it is on a map.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Someone made a good point at beyond: what if the new love of the silenced ar is to support a much asked for new radar that only shows Spartan abilities and shooting? Makes sense.

Of course not all 343 Hcs changes make sense. We also previously had silenced smgs on plaza for God knows what reason...

Trup1aya

Someone made a good point at beyond: what if the new love of the silenced ar is to support a much asked for new radar that only shows Spartan abilities and shooting? Makes sense.

Of course not all 343 Hcs changes make sense. We also previously had silenced smgs on plaza for God knows what reason...

Pistol only starts with silenced ARs as tier 2 weapons would be pretty cool with a Spartan Ability tracker replacing the current motion tracker

But i don't think that's happening

RyaNoob made a good video demonstrating no radar with actual clips. I think actually showing situations makes it a lot better than Snip3down's video. To clarify I'm assuming he wants these changes in HCS (and Team Arena) not H5 as a whole.

Pistol only starts with silenced ARs as tier 2 weapons would be pretty cool with a Spartan Ability tracker replacing the current motion tracker

But i don't think that's happening

I really don't see them removing ARs as secondary but I can see spartan ability only radar. Adding multiple silenced ARs just seems very out of left field if they aren't changing anything.

As for the new changes, they all look solid. There a couple extra changes such as no shotgun on Eden and Mercy is being tested for HCS as well.

Madness

Truth with grenade launcher over fuel rod is a good change. Let's see how it plays with pros as it is nowhere near as easy to get kills with it.

Please please please let there be an ability-only radar.

Radar sucks because the game becomes a crouch fest.

Having no radar also sucks because people will just run around and Spartan charge everywhere.

Please please please let there be an ability-only radar.

Radar sucks because the game becomes a crouch fest.

Having no radar also sucks because people will just run around and Spartan charge everywhere.

Good players are able to punish and hear sprinters easily just like now. It's all about awareness. Radar or not people will spartan charge because the aim assist on it is ridiculous.

And to clarify, I'm advocating for no radar in HCS/Team Arena ideally. Keep it in the rest of the playlists for all I care.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Why would you grind on an alt account? Needing REQs in WZ makes an alt account harder to use.

No reason at all other than I have another account that doesn't get bombarded with invites and hate mail non stop. If I had started on my public account I'd have stuck with that. As it is I have about a zillion unused reqs on my MP account, and less on my other account.

Good players are able to punish and hear sprinters easily just like now. It's all about awareness. Radar or not people will spartan charge because the aim assist on it is ridiculous.

And to clarify, I'm advocating for no radar in HCS/Team Arena ideally. Keep it in the rest of the playlists for all I care.

Oh yeah I only want no radar for Team Arena. Too bad I only have a stereo headset though so footsteps are not very accurate for me lol

No reason at all other than I have another account that doesn't get bombarded with invites and hate mail non stop. If I had started on my public account I'd have stuck with that. As it is I have about a zillion unused reqs on my MP account, and less on my other account.

Play with gaf we're good people sorta maybe :3

Trup1aya

RyaNoob made a good video demonstrating no radar with actual clips. I think actually showing situations makes it a lot better than Snip3down's video. To clarify I'm assuming he wants these changes in HCS (and Team Arena) not H5 as a whole.

I really don't see them removing ARs as secondary but I can see spartan ability only radar. Adding multiple silenced ARs just seems very out of left field if they aren't changing anything.

As for the new changes, they all look solid. There a couple extra changes such as no shotgun on Eden and Mercy is being tested for HCS as well.

It does seem out of left field, but so did the silenced smgs and solace of peace on maps. Someone i think they do things just to do then.

I think Quinn said on tb that they aren't opposed to looking at modifying radar, but I'd be surprised if they got in. Especially since the this leak says radar is on.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I have 100% turned around on thinking that a "unified settings" (in quotes as settings were never actually unified across all playlists) across the board is a good thing. While im not sure i want to play no radar over radar playlists (old dog, new tricks), and see radar as a staple of what makes halo halo, it absolutely needs to be removed from HCS and hcs playlists (ranked arena). It's not fun to watch pros camping corners and crouch walking. it would be exciting to see true outplays and flanks without worry of radar abuse. it would also upset the applecart of the current stale pro meta --- a good thing as a viewer

Trup1aya

So they're only helpful when you're standing still or crouch walking? That seems kinda pointless.

They are useful in Warzone when you can have upgraded sensors. Or anytime you have camo. It also can cause a little bit of confusion to the enemy when you first start shooting him, delaying his return fire.

but yeah, generally they are most effectively used when crouching in corners. This "pointlessness" is why some people are speculating that the radar will be modified to something that actually makes these pickups worthwhile.

They are useful in Warzone when you can have upgraded sensors. Or anytime you have camo. It also can cause a little bit of confusion to the enemy when you first start shooting him, delaying his return fire.

but yeah, generally they are most effectively used when crouching in corners. This "pointlessness" is why some people are speculating that the radar will be modified to something that actually makes these pickups worthwhile.

But then again we had silenced SMGs for no reason lol

Fuchsdh

I don't see them changing the motion tracker at this point in Halo 5's lifespan. Whether they do it in H6 is another matter.

Remember, Team Frankie has your back ;)

Top Bottom