• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Moved my sens up one to 8.

Sens 8
Accel 5 (didnt know this was the max wtf? Thought it was higher)
Deadzones

Edit: elite controller with tall precision stick on right. Before this on regular contr, i would have sense on 3/4.

BizzyBum

I don't know how some of you play with these high ass sensitivities. I rock 3,2,0,0 and feel that can be fast sometimes. It's the old man 2gre sens.

Strider

4 sens 5 acc

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Used to use 4-3 but that's changed since taking a break and coming back with the recent update.

Even at 5 acc the controls still feel a little unresponsive to me but raising sens isn't the answer at this point.

Haruko

TOKETAKE is their name.

I've found most of the maps in his fileshare from the video except for the danged spinning dyson sphere.

FWIW he commented on the youtube video that "The current map is broken in many cases under the influence of the update. I am going to fix it little by little. From TOKETAKE", but i'm not sure which map(s) this refers to. Maybe all of them?

Halo 6 really needs to allow us to pick what server we want to play on. I live in southwest Florida and I get matched on a Latin America server way to often. Those games always feel noticeably more heavy. Feeling your pain today non US Halo players.

Strider

click stream. first thing I see in chat:

BR starts ain't EZ it takes more skill (than pistols?) imo

anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif
anuxi_rum.gif

Trup1aya

I had to lower my settings to 3 3 0 0 since the update. I found myself over compensating for the input lag that is no longer present. I will have to increase my accel soon.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
What aim settings are people rolling with since the update?

Im at what I've been, 1.5 and 3, 2 accel, 1 dead zone for each. Thinking about a drastic changchange to see how I like it though, this still doesn't feel ideal.

BizzyBum

I'm glad I got my immortal comm before the update since it takes way longer in the new Action Sack. I'm trying to get some 1v2s for Against All Odds and I'm getting no breakout games. Guess I have to suffer some actual Breakout for this one...

BizzyBum

The new KotH on Freight is a good mode for assassinations. A lot of people still don't realize there are camos in the hanging freights and you know where the enemy is due to the numerous rings.

Ended up getting 4 last game.

BizzyBum

Speaking of the SC, it's been a week since the update. Can we check to see who hasn't logged in during this time (and hasn't in quite awhile) and remove them from the SC so we can start inviting people who will help us?

psyfi

Banned
I've been watching Snipedown's no radar stream for two minutes and already it's glaringly better than having radar enabled.

Madness

Speaking of the SC, it's been a week since the update. Can we check to see who hasn't logged in during this time (and hasn't in quite awhile) and remove them from the SC so we can start inviting people who will help us?

Aren't there already open spaces in the SC? Last I remember it was at 93. I think rather than invite a bunch of randoms and nobodies from other places and mass boot like 90 people who may not play or often but post here, would be easier for the handful of you who play daily to just join other clans close to getting helmet, help them poopsock, get it and come back ie. like Zeezbruh and others.

NOKYARD

PC Forge or Xbone Forge. They added new scripting capabilities with the latest update. Pretty much any gametype can be re-created.

The only 2 game types i wanted to add to Avalanche (so far) can not be made with the new scripting. One Bomb and One Flag. You cannot force teams to switch sides (although i may be able to fudge that with team labeled respawn zones), and you can not prevent the other team from grabbing your bomb. Otherwise, it's an amazing addition.

Space is not an issue, believe me. I have zero people on the wait list and room to spare.

Ok Forge seems broken on PC to me now, it ALWAYS crashes no matter what at some point any time I'm in it. Playing an hour of custom games? Fine save for maybe a random crash. Forge? Guaranteed crash.

Haruko

If they play, fuck it, I'm cool with it. I just want to get this stupid helmet over with.

I've got a few friends who lurk/have played with ppl here before that may apply, then...
They've been stuck in HaloSLAENT (RIP), which still has me listed as a Lieutenant (double RIP).....

Zorplex is one (we met ExWife/Mix at PAX South)

The only 2 game types i wanted to add to Avalanche (so far) can not be made with the new scripting. One Bomb and One Flag. You cannot force teams to switch sides (although i may be able to fudge that with team labeled respawn zones), and you can not prevent the other team from grabbing your bomb. Otherwise, it's an amazing addition.
1 Flag and 1 bomb really need official support. Especially if we get a H3A map pack with Last Resort and High Ground.

BizzyBum

Aren't there already open spaces in the SC? Last I remember it was at 93. I think rather than invite a bunch of randoms and nobodies from other places and mass boot like 90 people who may not play or often but post here, would be easier for the handful of you who play daily to just join other clans close to getting helmet, help them poopsock, get it and come back ie. like Zeezbruh and others.

It's at 96 now. Most SC's close to getting it usually don't have a spot open to invite a randy a week before completion, though. lol

Space is not an issue, believe me. I have zero people on the wait list and room to spare.

We can start inviting anyone as long as they play a lot. Can just make a post on Waypoint saying we are close to the helmet and need active players.

I've got a few friends who lurk/have played with ppl here before that may apply, then...
They've been stuck in HaloSLAENT (RIP), which still has me listed as a Lieutenant (double RIP).....

Zorplex is one (we met ExWife/Mix at PAX South)

Go for it. They're more than welcome to grind with us.

RIP HaloSLAENT.

Might as well get that jerk Zoabs in too

THAT guy?

We can start inviting anyone as long as they play a lot. Can just make a post on Waypoint saying we are close to the helmet and need active players.

.....lets put a pin in that idea....

EYEL1NER

I've gotten a few splatters for the SC tonight. One thing I like about BTB, there is usually a Ghost I can grab and now people over with. If there is anything I am moderately decent at in this game, its handle a Ghost.

Ok Forge seems broken on PC to me now, it ALWAYS crashes no matter what at some point any time I'm in it. Playing an hour of custom games? Fine save for maybe a random crash. Forge? Guaranteed crash.

Gamecheat13 went on a total rant on twitter about this. but he did bring up a good point, where the hell was the QA team for this patch update 343?! these bugs should've been caught right away.

Hopefully you got a hotfix patch ready within the next week. really don't want to see the hate that will brew if you wait until the next content update to fix the issues.

wwm0nkey

Yeah customs is fun, there is just a lot of glitches that hinder it a bit

-crashes
-custom game settings not saving (this also happens between rounds, sometimes causing it to kick people
-Object movement is kinda broke too on some puzzle maps
-memory leaks like crazy

then just general stuff
-No FoV options
-No FPS options
-No 21:9 options

EBLspartan

Neo Member
Halo 6 really needs to allow us to pick what server we want to play on. I live in southwest Florida and I get matched on a Latin America server way to often. Those games always feel noticeably more heavy. Feeling your pain today non US Halo players.

Finally someone realizes how bad the situation is for us (I'm EU)

BizzyBum

That would be less shitty. I'll make a post at some point unless someone beats me to it.

yeah, just title it saying we are 85% done and you'll get replies for sure. Just need to check on these new players weekly to make sure they are actually playing.

PS. Promote me to lieutenant :p

Top Bottom