• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Woorloog

Banned
Huh, there seems to be a lot of names i don't know. But i guess this is to be expected... I have been away from Halo and HaloGAF for... Well, i can't actually remember. Some years for sure.

No, not wrong thread. Apparently i went insane, and ordered an Xbox One S. Good enough price+game and i'm seriously impressed by post-launch support Halo 5 has gotten. Not sure exactly when the Xbone arrives... With luck, before weekend but i doubt my luck is that good.

Naturally getting Halo 5 for it, despite several misgivings i have. And Master Chief Collection, gotta get to play Halo 2 again. Speaking of MCC, does local splitscreen campaign have any issues? Save problems, framerate issues, anything? Just wondering, so that i can prepare my expectations...

I got a Rampage and a Perfection yesterday while I was playing on my Live Stream

cXtvPeB.png

Plus a very sweet Killtacullar thanks for the clip Unyshek!

giphy.gif

#ForTheCompany

Huh, there seems to be a lot of names i don't know. But i guess this is to be expected... I have been away from Halo and HaloGAF for... Well, i can't actually remember. Some years for sure.

No, not wrong thread. Apparently i went insane, and ordered an Xbox One S. Good enough price+game and i'm seriously impressed by post-launch support Halo 5 has gotten. Not sure exactly when the Xbone arrives... With luck, before weekend but i doubt my luck is that good.

Naturally getting Halo 5 for it, despite several misgivings i have. And Master Chief Collection, gotta get to play Halo 2 again. Speaking of MCC, does local splitscreen campaign have any issues? Save problems, framerate issues, anything? Just wondering, so that i can prepare my expectations...

I remember your name... probably been a couple years though.

welcome back, although I'm kinda just returning myself.

Woorloog

Banned
I remember your name... probably been a couple years though.

welcome back, although I'm kinda just returning myself.

I remember your name but that's about it. Of course, i can't even recall when exactly i stopped playing Halo... Maybe when Halo 4 started getting DLC? Something like that. When was that anyway? 2012?

Gotta ask, what brought you back?

EDIT Time to swap avatar... DOOT's funny but i need something else. Unfortunate i've lost my EMP star avatar to my old laptop's HDD, if even there.
EDIT No, that didn't work at all...

RyaNoob made a good video demonstrating no radar with actual clips. I think actually showing situations makes it a lot better than Snip3down's video. To clarify I'm assuming he wants these changes in HCS (and Team Arena) not H5 as a whole.

I really don't see them removing ARs as secondary but I can see spartan ability only radar. Adding multiple silenced ARs just seems very out of left field if they aren't changing anything.

As for the new changes, they all look solid. There a couple extra changes such as no shotgun on Eden and Mercy is being tested for HCS as well.

Yup that was a good video. He mentions that the game is so aggressive right now due to radar, yet at the same time the maps feel restricted by it.

I'm pretty sure no radar would get me invested in playing arena again. Wouldn't mind flag spotting to be gone too.

There's some cool cats here for one. I also just needed a break from Halo. Halo 5 was interesting abd rewarding near launch, but it irked me for a lot of reasons. More playlists, custom browser, and PC forge tools. It's caused me to return and enjoy it, despite my preference of classic Halo. I can't deny that the game is solid.

Trup1aya

But then again we had silenced SMGs for no reason lol

That's my thinking on it. There's no need to analyze everything for deeper meaning. Sometimes they just do stuff.

I don't see them changing the motion tracker at this point in Halo 5's lifespan. Whether they do it in H6 is another matter.

Actually this is the perfect time to do it. IMO. A Big tournament coming up, with an excellent format. Players who left the scene considering making a return. It's later into the lifecycle, the the player ratio is shifting slightly towards the hardcore. Why not throw them a bone and get valueable data for the design of the next installment?

link1201

Is there a way to get the two previous halo loot crates? I'm gonna buy this one due to the in game skins and would like a complete set.

I look forward to playing on these maps with these new changes. On paper they seem to be mostly good changes. Just need radar gone or altered to only show spartan abilities, nerf some autos, and remove spartan charge and Halo 5 would pretty much have perfect competitive settings.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
They are my go to nade every game i play. absolutely love them. i feel like a hunter,.... trapping my prey and then going in for a flanking finish!!!!!

BYAAAAAAHH!!!!!

Running backwards in terror but pooping out a deadly trail of splinters. Aw yiss.

Trup1aya

Yup that was a good video. He mentions that the game is so aggressive right now due to radar, yet at the same time the maps feel restricted by it.

I'm pretty sure no radar would get me invested in playing arena again. Wouldn't mind flag spotting to be gone too.

There's some cool cats here for one. I also just needed a break from Halo. Halo 5 was interesting abd rewarding near launch, but it irked me for a lot of reasons. More playlists, custom browser, and PC forge tools. It's caused me to return and enjoy it, despite my preference of classic Halo. I can't deny that the game is solid.

Flag spotting is a great addition to the series. It solves the issue of non talkative teammates, and the annoying flag dropped announcements from the old days. It also adds a risk reward element to flag running and juggling.

That's my thinking on it. There's no need to analyze everything for deeper meaning. Sometimes they just do stuff.

Actually this is the perfect time to do it. IMO. A Big tournament coming up, with an excellent format. Players who left the scene considering making a return. It's later into the lifecycle, the the player ratio is shifting slightly towards the hardcore. Why not throw them a bone and get valueable data for the design of the next installment?

It is the perfect time to do it, but I also don't think it'll happen. I'm guessing most devs at 343 are busy on H6. Making a new radar might involve work that the live team may not be able to do on their own. Who knows, I just think it's not realistic to expect it.

I love the Grenade Launcher for the Rig. I don't know if it's the right choice for Truth, seems like an odd fit. It works very well on Mercy though.

Trup1aya

It is the perfect time to do it, but I also don't think it'll happen. I'm guessing most devs at 343 are busy on H6. Making a new radar might involve work that the live team may not be able to do on their own. Who knows, I just think it's not realistic to expect it.

Oh i c what you mean. I wonder how difficult it would be to essentially give everyone the advanced sensors armor mod from warzone. Wouldnt that do the trick?

Edit: they'd have to reduce the range though

Isn't "slrp and halo is dad" business as usual?

As far as i can recall, everything was always terrible and great...

Honestly, a lot of the more overtly negative and antagonistic people seem to be gone. I have seen sprint discussions without insults and rude comments. lol

Madness

I remember your name but that's about it. Of course, i can't even recall when exactly i stopped playing Halo... Maybe when Halo 4 started getting DLC? Something like that. When was that anyway? 2012?

EDIT Time to swap avatar... DOOT's funny but i need something else. Unfortunate i've lost my EMP star avatar to my old laptop's HDD, if even there.
EDIT No, that didn't work at all...

Did you also use to have a Halo 4 Flood avatar?

How can I download the rotating sphere map?
TOKETAKE is their name.
He's got some older good ones too I see.

HMCC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64DU1zMkenU

Halo 5 (1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_oVgqC9qU

He's also the benevolent soul responsible for this, which I do remember seeing linked here before, lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTFbrRFLP0Q
Gold nuggets.
Thanks.

I'll try not to be annoying... i have a vague recollection i might have been before.
Whenever I come across the Halo 4 Flood model I think of you lol.
Sprint DEEZNUTZ
lmao this got me good

wwm0nkey

Impressive.
As i said, Halo 5 post-launch support seems to have been top-notch.
Hope it continues...

Well it seems to be winding down after this update, I am willing to bet the next few updates will mostly be minor things and bug fixes (stuff like FoV and refresh rate changing)

Woorloog

Banned
Well it seems to be winding down after this update, I am willing to bet the next few updates will mostly be minor things and bug fixes (stuff like FoV and refresh rate changing)
I see.
But what about those datamined stuff from PC Forge? Weren't brute weapons there among other stuff?
Though i guess that doesn't mean they're meant to be added, just stuff left over from experimenting and the like.
Red Nose + Antlers

That might work. Might be simple enough i can actually do that myself. Realized color tweaking isn't that simple.

wwm0nkey

I see.
But what about those datamined stuff from PC Forge? Weren't brute weapons there among other stuff?
Though i guess that doesn't mean they're meant to be added, just stuff left over from experimenting and the like.

That might work. Might be simple enough i can actually do that myself. Realized color tweaking isn't that simple.

Crap you know what, I forgot about that. Guess that will be along with Halo Wars 2

Thoroughly enjoying the odd games of H5 Forge on PC my friends and myself have managed. I hope they are working on cross play for the custom game browser though, as the population is very thin unfortunately.

No reason at all other than I have another account that doesn't get bombarded with invites and hate mail non stop. If I had started on my public account I'd have stuck with that. As it is I have about a zillion unused reqs on my MP account, and less on my other account.

I thought all you got was sexy noodz?

Play with gaf we're good people sorta maybe :3

That would be like wearing goggles to protect your eyes, but then putting fire ants inside before you put them on.

Just kidding Stinkles, I would talk to you about Mega Bloks

Top Bottom