• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

I wonder if they are aware that some of the maps they will be playing on were built by regulars here.

[edit] Want me to rename Avalanche to GafAlanche for the games?

That's why the exposure thing was especially funny. You know those BTB maps you play in MM? Yeah 1 was made by a Gaffer.

nillapuddin

Whenever I have dabbled in forge, I'll notice that sometimes an object will illuminate properly while an object right next to it won't. Or sometimes they flicker between lighted states. I remember being really frustrated with that.

How do you get around that issue?

What Karl later said, nail on head.

Just got this message

GhHJ9Y.jpg

Any interest from anyone here?

Sure, let's play avalanche, highlands, relic, containment and rats nest.

Just uh... Let's figure out what team we are gunna be beforehand...

ifyouknowwhatimean.secretrocketlaunchers

My long sightlines really come close to the object limit, but oddly enough those aren't the trouble spots. Right now it's areas that use non-shadow/light-rendered blocks with dynamic lighting from the opposite side(if I'm lighting a floor, the lights are below the floor and it illuminates the floor properly... well pre patch anyways). It was a weird, but effective workaround when natural lighting on blocks was insanely dark when obscured by a terrain piece.

Interesting, I will have to take a look at some of my maps with interior spaces (rats nest particularly) lighting is already fickle on that map.

I wonder if they are aware that some of the maps they will be playing on were built by regulars here.

[edit] Want me to rename Avalanche to GafAlanche for the games?

I'll redo all mine for all that glorious exposure

GafAlanche, Gafs Nest, Gaflands, Gafblainment, Gafshketball, Gafelic.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
arent there new firefight maps? have yet to get one of them in a handful (5 or so) games

Madness

Let's just get all the Onyx players we have go against them. ExWife and whatnot. I wonder if someone like Tashi would take part. Don't think Ram plays anymore.

NOKYARD

Speaking of BTB maps i am updating Deadlock with a focus on the Customs Community.

I am aware the last iteration was not well received. Does HaloGAF have any suggestions for weapon/vehicle alterations?

My plan is to have different power weapon and vehicle layouts for Slayer, CTF, and Strongholds.

UncleMeat

Go get 'em, boys!

And let us know when this matchup takes place so I can watch their stream and give you that exposure you so richly deserve.

Speaking of BTB maps i am updating Deadlock with a focus on the Customs Community.

I am aware the last iteration was not well received. Does HaloGAF have any suggestions for weapon/vehicle alterations?

My plan is to have different power weapon and vehicle layouts for Slayer, CTF, and Strongholds.

I just liked the lighting in the second iteration more.

No air vehicles in Strongholds obviously, it's fine for CTF/Slayer.

mo60

Firefight is actually enjoyable without god level AI.

Yep it is. Also, I do hope 343i actually makes it so the banshee bosses on some of the later rounds on some of the maps like Prospect and Escape from Arc don't escape from the map or get stuck in map geometry.

Also, I would join you guys if you play against that team but I suck really hard at BTB.

NOKYARD

I just liked the lighting in the second iteration more.

No air vehicles in Strongholds obviously, it's fine for CTF/Slayer.
Yes, i removed the Wasp for Strongholds, and exchanged the Mongoose for a Gungoose in Slayer. Changed the Laser to Berserker's Claw for games with the Wasp present.

TCKaos

Just got this message

GhHJ9Y.jpg

Any interest from anyone here?

Just make sure we end up with our exact counterparts on the other team, that way we'll know their plays. I'd have a super fun time watching one of their guys grab camo and get run the fuck over by a friendly ghost over and over and over again. /kappa

Spartan Charge is the only thing gross in Halo 5 regarding movement and mechanics. I love everything else.

Also fuck BR starts in BTB.

I honestly don't hate anything about Halo 5's movement outside of Spartan Charge, but people were talking about what they'd change to differentiate the feel of Halo 5 from Halo 6, so I added my two cents.

Seriously though, Spartan Charging is a cancer, and when Halo 6 removes it, I won't be sad that it's gone.

I honestly don't hate anything about Halo 5's movement outside of Spartan Charge, but people were talking about what they'd change to differentiate the feel of Halo 5 from Halo 6, so I added my two cents.

Seriously though, Spartan Charging is a cancer, and when Halo 6 removes it, I won't be sad that it's gone.

I agree with this. Its only fun in custom games against friends tbh. In ranked, i hate it. Its the only thing i dislike about halo5s "movements". Ground pound also feels kinda useless but it doesnt bother me as much.

blamite

You Lootcrate buyers are in for some in game swag next time around

Czgoki5VEAAekLA.jpg

gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh those skins are so nice, such a shame I'll never get to have them. There's so few AR skins I actually like, it sucks that the best one is locked away like this. ;_;

Top Bottom