• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

wwm0nkey

So yeah that Discord that I made? 1770 members now, RIP me.

Apparently it got featured in a trending article on Facebook recently

wwm0nkey

Congratulations dude you are part of the wonderful return of Halo on PC

One thing that I am LOVING is that no one is being mean on the chat so far or doing anything bad, people just really want to play Halo 5 on PC and I am happy I could help make it easier for people :)

It might be blasphemy but I really would want the next update to enable the option for cross play that you can turn on or off when you host. My PC is too weak for the game and I really want to play with some of my old Halo buddies who dont have consoles anymore.

Got put up against the same 5-6 french premade 3 times in a row, lost all 3 games.

I guess this game isn't for me anymore, YOU HAVE TO BE PREMADE getting shoved down my throat is zero fun.

Also did something happen to the controls? It's either that or I haven't played Halo in a while, but it feels like I am walking through knee-high mud.

Akai__

MCC is Halos legacy. They better damn fix that fucking game

But they probably won't. All you have left of that legacy is the campaigns and a terrible MP experience.

You also brought up BF4 as example. That's one game that DICE has to fix. MCC's broken part is 5 MP games that are pretty much duct-taped together by 6 devs (7 if you count Splash Games who brought us the "MP is playable patch"). It's a far far more complex issue, than fixing one game.

You guys also seem to forget that people promised us Halo 3 and Halo Reach playlist updates after Halo 4 has released. Did it happen? I don't think so...

Holy shit at this forger's Pegasus map re-skin

http://imgur.com/gallery/rzosZ

While it looks much better, I doubt it fixes the real issues that the map has. Which is terrible spawns, terrible weapon and power up placement and overall layout.

So yeah that Discord that I made? 1770 members now, RIP me.

Apparently it got featured in a trending article on Facebook recently

That's awesome. People are nice indeed and it's really easy to find people, but goddamn is it complicated to get a game going. Having to add people, not being able to see your notifications and therefore accepting invites, etc. etc. Xbox App needs to receive 1 or 2 updates to make it even better.

Trup1aya

I keep losing stronghold matches on painful fashion... Because my teams can't understand the concept of base defense...

-Ryn

Banned
To anyone who bought the Elite controller: did it help make the aiming in Halo 5 less weird?

GAF is full of them lol.
idontwanttoliveonthisforumanymore.jpg

Yes it's the very rare casual gamer with a PC that can max out games in 4K
989.gif

Chittagong

Gold Member
Does blocking people affect matchmaking? I'm thinking of blocking high level players who team up with low levels and absolutely ruin the game for everyone

FyreWulff

That's dialogue from Dimkee Hotay, a Grunt sitting next to an Elite on one of those non-combat levels. It's already in the game, but whether you hear it or not is entirely dependent on whether or not you have the patience to wait for it. Dimkee has a lot of dialogue.

... that's a goddamn clever name

Strider

Does blocking people affect matchmaking? I'm thinking of blocking high level players who team up with low levels and absolutely ruin the game for everyone

No.

That did work in MCC but it was abused so they took it out in Halo 5. High ranked players would block other high rank players and then only match up against lower ranked people on purpose.

Fuchsdh

As far as the campaign goes the MCC delivered for me so it was far from the worst release in history. I've played E.T..

Yep. Customs still work for me 80% of the time, mostly you just get disconnected from your party after a number of games. Campaign has never given me any issues with resetting playlists and such. I honestly don't regret buying it at all. Still doesn't mean I wouldn't have preferred MS to put the (clearly substantial) effort into truly ironing out 95% of the issues, as opposed to fixing 70% and then just giving the game away in bundles. "It was free, they won't gripe that much."

Sai

Just played a pretty decent game of Slayer on Truth. My team was usually in the lead, and eventually won, but there was one player that sounded like he was about to burst a blood vessel or something. Couldn't just mute him, 'cause he was periodically making call-outs.

Seems like I top out at Diamond 4 in Slayer, playing by myself. I'm content with that.

First time im going to give forge a shot today. Let's see what kind of ugly map i can make!
edit: nvm i dont have the patience to learn this right now lol

Got put up against the same 5-6 french premade 3 times in a row, lost all 3 games.

I guess this game isn't for me anymore, YOU HAVE TO BE PREMADE getting shoved down my throat is zero fun.

Also did something happen to the controls? It's either that or I haven't played Halo in a while, but it feels like I am walking through knee-high mud.

I think this game needs something to protect the player around this, it contributes to the quitters. So you get matched against a team and half your team quits. Your options are to quit and get banned or take a beating.

I bet they don't go big with Halo 3's anniversary. Maybe on that day they will release a free update with like three Halo 3 remake/remixes.

I love Halo 3 but MCC was enough. Give me a real expansion to H5.

how does someone who has no Live friends play this on PC then? Obviously its only custom and private matches, is their a list GAF list for PC players?

To anyone who bought the Elite controller: did it help make the aiming in Halo 5 less weird?

idontwanttoliveonthisforumanymore.jpg

989.gif

Well for me it was already good before the Elite controller but with the Elite controller everything was soooo much better I have mine since January 6th BTW

Akai__

How? The brute sniper isn't a one shot. Although it does seem to be really useful against vehices.

That brute rocket launcher looks useless af

Just doesn't feel like a Brute weapon to me. Hope that changes, though. This is still WIP probably, so we'll see.

How? The brute sniper isn't a one shot. Although it does seem to be really useful against vehices.

That brute rocket launcher looks useless af

Yeah I agree it seems like the spread would have to be smaller and the explosion timer should be smaller. Though the mortar gun seems to be missing something. Seems really useful just a little simple.

Kibbles

The bumpers are absolute ass on these things
Yup. My left bumper is fucked up since within 2 months or so of reicieving the Elite. Microsoft wouldn't replace 🤗🤗🤗 It still works but I have to push a lot harder than the other bumper and it pops out like halfway a lot.

Yup. My left bumper is fucked up since within 2 months or so of reicieving the Elite. Microsoft wouldn't replace 🤗🤗🤗 It still works but I have to push a lot harder than the other bumper and it pops out like halfway a lot.

Doesn't elite have a 3 month warranty?

What I would love to see return if we get a Brute Firefight expansion

Mauler

BruteShot%20(570%20x%20292).jpg

Brute Shot

brute-spike-grenade.png

Spike Grenade

Chopper

Also, to give the Brutes some unique mechanics in H5, they should exclusively get the ability to use Equipment, similar to Halo 3.

314620914_e96e3bfb26.jpg

Also, the Brutes should mostly function similar to how Halo 3 treats them, but I think it would be cool to have some Brutes that are unarmored like Halo 2 and berserk in the same way Halo 2 does it, and the more armored higher ranking ones are Halo 3 style.

and of course, we need to be able to get this thing as a mythic REQ and finally unleash the beast that is the Fist of Rukt...though I have no idea how they could possibly make it stronger than Tartarus Gavel...maybe transfer what Tartarus Gavel does to Fist of Rukt and then make Tartarus Gavel not as powerful?

Did I miss anything? I know I didn't put the Spiker but there is so many machine guns I dunno where that would fit in the sandbox.

depward

New Halo 5 player (woohoo level 16!).

Regular Warzone isn't for me, right? Feels like people use all kinds of REQs I don't have.

Warzone Firefight however has been a blast.

Zocano

Getting back into Halo after a long long hiatus and going through my placement matches. Initial Impressions:

-Yo the radar is a lot smaller
-Precision weapons are still BnB love machines and the pistol is near CE levels (not quite); had weird initial response with spawns w/ AR and Pistol but yo that pistol
-Maps are weird and large (I know it's cause of the new movement options); not a fan that they need to be designed so large
-Think there are way too many functions for the controller, I like bumper jumper still but don't like sprint on "A"

Madness

Popping in to say that Pegasus reskin is fuckin' incredible.

Yup. 343 should be on it to test the map to see nothing broken or changed, no exploits, work on improving spawns if they're same as base level Pegasus and get this in the game right away.

I would even say they should reach out to the Community Cartographers again and have them do updates for all of the BTB maps using the new textures and assets etc. Really shows how limited launch forge was.

The bumpers are absolute ass on these things
It sucks.. I have to switch the RB bumper with Up on the D-Pad just so I can reload and use that function elsewhere.

And now the drift on my right joystick is so bad that not even a 15% dead zone fixes it. Playing Halo like this is horrible. These controllers are so terrible compared to the 360.. I've never had issues with any controllers until the Xbone. Same with these flimsy headsets.

Trup1aya

New Halo 5 player (woohoo level 16!).

Regular Warzone isn't for me, right? Feels like people use all kinds of REQs I don't have.

Warzone Firefight however has been a blast.

At this point, I'd play Warzome Fire fight until you get a BR and some ghosts... With skill, Thats, really you need to do well in Warzone/ Warzone Assualt.

For how incredible the forge community is, 343's response is a lot less enthusiastic.

At this point, I'd play Warzome Fire fight until you get a BR and some ghosts... With skill That really you need to do well in Warzone/ Warzone Assualt.

With the starting 7500 req points he should be able to get a BR.

Top Bottom