• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Why do you guys care about this armor so much? Isn't playing a game for what it is more enjoyable then chasing a digital vanity item?

I just personally never understood this sort of thing.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Brute weapons when?

maxresdefault.jpg

C'mon give me that Banished update

H3a content drop.

Better be better than the reach one as far as anniversary related content goes.

Edit, or yeah, hw2. Which would be soon.

H3a content drop.

Better be better than the reach one as far as anniversary related content goes.

They'll have the Halo 4 sentry armor ability just to keep tradition.

Why do you guys care about this armor so much? Isn't playing a game for what it is more enjoyable then chasing a digital vanity item?

Some people want all the armor, some genuinely want it, some like achievements being recorded? Idk there's plenty of reasons.

They'll have the Halo 4 sentry armor ability just to keep tradition.

Some people want all the armor, some genuinely want it, some like achievements being recorded? Idk there's plenty of reasons.

Just seems like a lot of you are playing gametypes and stuff that you wouldn't normally spend so much time on otherwise. Seems like a waste of precious free time if you ask me.

Just curious. I'm not a part of the company, so when I join games and people are chasing stats I just feel kinda detached from the whole thing.

Just seems like a lot of you are playing gametypes and stuff that you wouldn't normally spend so much time on otherwise. Seems like a waste of precious free time if you ask me.

Just curious. I'm not a part of the company, so when I join games and people are chasing stats I just feel kinda detached from the whole thing.

Meh, most can be done through regular play. Only grindy one is the Marine kills. Most just requires a bit of foresight to actually try for, but it's not something you have to go crazy out of the way for.

How the hell are we so far off from Headshot Kills and Road Trips? lol
Fahz pliss, no one on this forum should ask about wasting free time, let alone this thread where many complain about a franchise they either hate and/or don't even play.

Haruko

I'm working on Marines, splatters and ground vehicle kills in WZ tonight. Getting between 5-13 Marines a game, playing solo.

I remembered Bungie's Halo had their vertical aim sensitivity lower than the default horizontal, so I basically changed Halo 5's sensitivities to match that (Thanks Matt for pointing out that you can do this) and now I feel much more accurate and successful when applying myself lol I have it on 2.5 horizontal and 1.5 vertical and it feels more like old school Halo aiming now.

Fahz pliss, no one on this forum should ask about wasting free time, let alone this thread where many complain about a franchise they either hate and/or don't even play.

FUN pliss, you know what I mean. If people are wanting to grind certain stats they are modifying how they would normally play and that potentially sacrifices fun. It was just a simple question tho, if that's what people consider fun then w/e. lol

FUN pliss, you know what I mean. If people are wanting to grind certain stats they are modifying how they would normally play and that potentially sacrifices fun. It was just a simple question tho, if that's what people consider fun then w/e. lol
FUN, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Trust me on this one; it is KNOWN.

I remembered Bungie's Halo had their vertical aim sensitivity lower than the default horizontal, so I basically changed Halo 5's sensitivities to match that (Thanks Matt for pointing out that you can do this) and now I feel much more accurate and successful when applying myself lol I have it on 2.5 horizontal and 1.5 vertical and it feels more like old school Halo aiming now.

What's your acceleration at?

Also, Rift Ball is fucking cancer.

Jesus, how much more convoluted can it get? So unless it's a vehicle you can both control and fire weapons with, it doesn't count? Fucking hell...

Also, I am loving this game again, but after Titanfall 2 and COD (bleh) I cannot get use to the aiming. What's the gold standard for controller settings these days?

There really isn't any.

It's pretty clear the move from 30fps to 60fps absolutely threw 343i for a loop. It feels terrible no matter what you do to it.

What's your acceleration at?

Also, Rift Ball is fucking cancer.

1 or 2, depending on my mood.

It's weird how this tweak helped me so much. I have a friend that primarily played Halo 2 and 3 and he changed it to the same and started out slaying people for once.

And yes, I agree. I strongly dislike that gametype. It's just uninteresting and unfun to me.

1 or 2, depending on my mood.

It's weird how this tweak helped me so much. I have a friend that primarily played Halo 2 and 3 and he changed it to the same and started out slaying people for once.

And yes, I agree. I strongly dislike that gametype. It's just uninteresting and unfun to me.

So far it feels good. Thanks.

Woorloog

Banned

All i want is one reasonable looking armor. Kinda short list... Mark IV or Warrior and golden visor, don't really care for any other GEN2 Mjolnir suits or visor colors. Maybe Chief's armor too, but don't think that's available.
I hate random unlocks for cosmetics. If you gotta have them as unlockables, let us choose.

Kinda annoying to play while knowing i have a stupid looking armor in a game that actually has armor that i like.

Honestly one of those things that make me convinced developers actually hate fun.

So far it feels good. Thanks.

Glad to hear it. =)

All i want is one reasonable looking armor. Kinda short list... Mark IV or Warrior and golden visor, don't really care for any other GEN2 Mjolnir suits or visor colors. Maybe Chief's armor too, but don't think that's available.
I hate random unlocks for cosmetics. If you gotta have them as unlockables, let us choose.

Kinda annoying to play while knowing i have a stupid looking armor in a game that actually has armor that i like.

Honestly one of those things that make me convinced developers actually hate fun.

Yeah I don't like random unlocks either. Also, most of the armors in this game are not only sinfully ugly, but completely unpractical. A lot of helmets wouldn't even fit a human head in them. It drives me nuts. lol

Personally I enjoy challenges and cooperative gaming with rewards (digital vanity as it may be). I do think that, like the xp system in the game, 343 made some of the numbers too high (which is why farming was such a big problem) for the achilles helmet. That said, it's still the rarest thing in the game to have unlocked (except for the stuff for forgers with maps in mm and the emblems for lvl150+) which makes it neat to have. I still have tons of fun playing the game, and to be honest, the "grinding" only happens when the match is such that we can afford to screw around. If my team needs serious play, I don't mess around getting SCs or capture sprees or whatever.

Also, I've never been big on vehicles (not normally my playstyle), but trying all of them out for the commendations has actually brought me to really enjoy a few of them. Even the mantis, after the patch that got rid of ez mode boarding.

Trup1aya

Why not both? Play the game you enjoy AND chase the digital vanity item.

It's Badge of honor. People like collecting things.

I will say this, chasing Achilles has lead me to modify my playstyle and play gametypes that I normally wouldn't and... gasp, I found myself trying new things and actually enjoying them!

I do wish they didn't make the requirements so grindy (it brought out the farmers) but I do appreciate them finding a way to get me to be more open to different playstyles.

I've given up on hoping to get practical looking stuff in scifi games.

Yeah, im almost done with golds and im finally getting something that i kinda like. Since the unlocks im doing are mainly legendary at the moment. But the grind up to this point was tedious and non-rewarding at the least.

Fuchsdh

The grunts look okay but those banshees are horrible...

They're spiky tanky Brute banshees, look like what they are on the tin.

Overall the characters in the renders seem really angular, but I assume that has to do with the fact that they're being translated into RTS mode so they have to be more exaggerated to read better.

jem0208

Overall the characters in the renders seem really angular, but I assume that has to do with the fact that they're being translated into RTS mode so they have to be more exaggerated to read better.
They're flying machines, they should be aerodynamic, not bulky with random square lumps sticking out the top.

BizzyBum

This is like asking why people spend so much time getting Xbox achievements or PS trophies. People like collecting things.

In terms of rareness, I would say it's the following from most rare to least rare:

1. Pig Helmet - only acquired getting a Forge map into MM, which is pretty fucking exclusive. 99% of the community will never get this.
2. HCS "Veni Vidi Vici" Open Circuit Emblem - only acquired by attending a LAN event.
3. SR 152 Mantle Emblem
4. Achilles Helmet

Ade

Well my OCD is soothed slightly by having #2 on that list. Still salty I never got any of the beta emblems though.

This is very much the case.

Also, my pleasure on the shout/link. Really awesome article! Love any opportunity to plug you guys (blame my HBO Front Page roots lol). <3

This is very much the case.

Also, my pleasure on the shout/link. Really awesome article! Love any opportunity to plug you guys (blame my HBO Front Page roots lol). <3
Hey, qucik lore question, what is that thing the UNSC sniper has on his head? Its uh pretty different from any series helmet I can recall.

(I'm assuming its somewhat exaggerated for RTS visibility purpose)

Fuchsdh

Hey, qucik lore question, what is that thing the UNSC sniper has on his head? Its uh pretty different from any series helmet I can recall.

(I'm assuming its somewhat exaggerated for RTS visibility purpose)

I assume some not-quite MJOLNIR special helmet/optics thingy...

...and also something big and glowing so it's easy to tell it's a sniper :p

Woorloog

Banned
I wonder, does Halo Wars 2 have normal Covie stuff, not just Brute-fied stuff? Or at least coming in DLC or something.

I want my purple Wraiths!

EDIT Wait, i think i was posting in a Halo Wars thread... Oh, well, the question stands.

Haruko

FYI, the Halo Wars 2 twitter-game skin code finally works and is redeemable (@Gringo)

EDIT Wait, i think i was posting in a Halo Wars thread... Oh, well, the question stands.

Well, we would be in a generic Halo community thread right now... if not for some salacious hot dog gifs

Karl2177

Is there a Halo wars thread?

That being said, is there a co-op mode? I've been playing a lot of sc2 and I love their co-op mode.

Any thoughts on the Scorpio in this thread? FUNK posted a thread on gaming side, but I must be out of touch with reality for wanting exclusives on the Scorpio. Like, I hope Halo 6 looks and plays extraordinary on it. If MS is really gonna bank on people buying the Scorpio for slightly better graphics, I hope 343 delivers something absolutely stunning, both visually and gameplay-wise. Campaign is gonna have to be top notch and the excellent multiplayer needs to continue with better maps, sand box settings, and an adjustment to the weird aiming acceleration/sensitivity settings. Armor options need to be more than just helmet and body. Needs to go back to reach style options and we need those sweet armor effects. So 343, no pressure :p

Top Bottom