• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

JoeLT

summit is streaming Halo 2 PC right now with about 20k viewers.

It's too bad 343 doesn't fix the PC version of Halo 5 cause those 20k viewers would be for that instead. If Halo 6 does come on PC I really hope it's a great port like Gears 4 was.
What's wrong with Halo 5 on PC?

EYEL1NER

Lol the exact same thing happened to me. I needed like 20 more gold packs to finish my Reqs, and I noticed I could get a nice chuck if i won a few WZFF games to complete the commendation. So I grinded FF that weekend, and thought I completed the commendation, only to realize I'd only reached level 5. Luckily I actually completed my gold packs in the process (I had a ton of boosts), cause I had gotten pretty sick of FF.
I don't think I have to worry about finishing golds before I win 60 WZFF matches. I guess if I knock out two WZFF matches a night, I could be done in a month. But I'll still have quite a ways to go towards knocking out all the golds.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Someone gif the hw2 loading animation. Its one of those optical illusions where i cant tell if im looking down on the ark or up at it. Like the spinning ballerina

Halo 5 tonight? Anyone?

Random fun fact, apparently the technical term for trying to make out with your waifu on the screen is "parasocial interaction"

TCKaos

Halo 5 tonight? Anyone?

Random fun fact, apparently the technical term for trying to make out with your waifu on the screen is "parasocial interaction"

To the first, yes.

To the second, would you like to know more?

PillowPal.jpg

Uh I think there is a spoiler in the Blitz card list in HW2

Oh nvm thats something that was already talked about I guess, but I had missed it

^ With all of the SERVER issues that have plagued this game since launch ... i cannot fathom why this is an issue still.

I would think the Azure team would try to remedy the tickets created by 343i staff since 343i is the premier studio for xbox. but then again, other departments dont give 2 wiggles about xbox so i can see it being low priority.

^ With all of the SERVER issues that have plagued this game since launch ... i cannot fathom why this is an issue still.

I would think the Azure team would try to remedy the tickets created by 343i staff since 343i is the premier studio for xbox. but then again, other departments dont give 2 wiggles about xbox so i can see it being low priority.

Do you ever do a connection test in the settings after this happens? When Ive got disconnected it usually stems from internet issues associated with high packet loss.

Packet loss 0%

BizzyBum

Wouldn't be a 343 Halo stream without easily avoidable and super-noticeable audio issues.

How does this stuff still happen after a year of tournaments? Also how the fuck do you not have player names shown in-game. We're watching a bunch of amateur players and no one knows who the fuck is who. Such a joke.

These open bracket games are brutal for the losing teams...

How does this stuff still happen after a year of tournaments? Also how the fuck do you not have player names shown in-game. We're watching a bunch of amateur players and no one knows who the fuck is who. Such a joke.

These open bracket games are brutal for the losing teams...

Why don't they show the players names on screen instead of those generic names?

Because thanks to the One/H5, no local profiles available. So until they get to the later rounds where they are running on dev kits and can do whatever they want, you get placeholder GTs. Been like this since the beginning of H5.

op_ivy

This snow day has been a total fucking bust. My shitty ass rural internet works, but only at about 10% of its normal shitty ass rural capacity. Its enough to browse the internet, barely, and for the x1 to connect, barely, but no games or apps will load. Fuck this always online world. I cant play halo, i cant watch halo.

At least i have 2 twelve packs.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
This snow day has been a total fucking bust. My shitty ass rural internet works, but only at about 10% of its normal shitty ass rural capacity. Its enough to browse the internet, barely, and for the x1 to connect, barely, but no games or apps will load. Fuck this always online world. I cant play halo, i cant watch halo.

At least i have 2 twelve packs.

Lol, I have rural internet too. It generally blows.

Got a decent amount of Marine kills in tonight (even though finals week is looming on the horizon, ugh). Please don't kick me!

Also, I'm surprised I actually managed to find a Warzone game. That had not worked for ages.

Fuchsdh

Got a decent amount of Marine kills in tonight (even though finals week is looming on the horizon, ugh). Please don't kick me!

Also, I'm surprised I actually managed to find a Warzone game. That had not worked for ages.
Did you scream "for the company!" into the mic for each kill? They don't count otherwise.

op_ivy

Enjoy it because you're going to see that exact same video the next break they take. They don't continue from where it left off they just start it over every time. It's brilliant.

Serious question, is this an improvement over a look at McDonalds recreated in forge?

BizzyBum

Enjoy it because you're going to see that exact same video the next break they take. They don't continue from where it left off they just start it over every time. It's brilliant.

I mean, it's beyond incompetent. I'm a huge Halo fan and even I can't sit through this and watch, nevermind a casual fan or someone who's checking out Halo eSports for the first time.

Serious question, is this an improvement over a look at McDonalds recreated in forge?

I mean, it's beyond incompetent. I'm a huge Halo fan and even I can't sit through this and watch, nevermind a casual fan or someone who's checking out Halo eSports for the first time.

How 343 still allows for this to happen in 2017 in a game that's been out for two years now is beyond incompetence. Its sad.

Edit: where are the mic volumes so up-and-down. Jesus.

Top Bottom