• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

HTupolev

Please 343 reverse bungies shitty fov decisions (h1 was 90 and it went downhill from there, h3 was 70 or 75).
I agree that they should finally get around to boosting the FoV, but your numbers are wrong.

Halo 1 was 70 horizontal, in 4:3 mode. For CEA's 16:9 they horizontally expanded the view while holding vertical constant, which made it 86 degrees horizontal.

Halo 3 was 70 horizontal in 16:9 mode, although 55 in 4:3 mode.

Since Reach, all mainline releases have been 78 in 16:9 mode.

CsIIkRxUsAA0l2I.jpg

Halo is real guys.

918903-bbc-halo.jpg

Cranster

Banned
Halo 3 has mediocre 4v4 maps besides Narrows, the Pit and Citadel. Snowbound, Isolation, Construct , Orbital and Epitah are all pretty bad. Halo 2 fares much better.
Narrows is a terrible map as the spawn system is easily manipulated in the map. The problem with Halo 5's maps are that they are too small for Halo 5's sprint and thruster abilities and in alot of aspects they either have too much cover or not enough cover.

Does anyone else's heart rate increase while playing this game? Dunno if that's a bad thing or not

Please 343 make console aiming like pc with controller thanks.

Wait if you play on PC using a controller, it feels different? Is there less magnetism or something? It's way too generous on console.

*beats onxy level guys in my last three placement matches but gets placed in platinum 6*

are you kidding me lol

Does anyone else's heart rate increase while playing this game? Dunno if that's a bad thing or not

happens to me a lot if a game is real close though it's not exclusive to just halo but also fighting games.

Got an awesome kill yesterday =)
Look from 20 sec

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Broman78/video/21463306

Nice!
That would've felt good :)

I have a bit of a funny clip
Thought I came up with a sick play, boost slide to steal the flag as the opponent was about to score, then I perfect shot him.
Watched the clip back, you can see both flags are away with their guy hiding, someone on my team kills him with hydra then you hear him being assassinated himself, flag is picked up again but the idiot doesn't realise his flag is back and he hides with the flag... Finally he tries to score but a rocket stops him short, a team mate tried to pick up the flag to finish the cap only to pick up a DMR instead.
That's when I arrive to make my play, it's worth a watch! :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/jizslobber/video/21463607

Akai__

The Custom Game Browser better show stuff like: Map, Gametype, Starting Weapons and other settings.

Because if it doesn't you will be stuck playing Shotty/Swords on the empty Breakout Arena, like I am currently. -.-

It's not nice to talk about Akai like that.

Did I do something to piss you off? Because I'm certainly not the type of guy who crouches his way into a victory. We played some very weird FFA maps, so I played a little defensive. Especially on that one map that only consisted of hallways and one color.

Maybe it was my comment about you crouching immediately after engaging in a 1vs1? If so, I didn't mean that as an insult, so I'm sorry if it came across as one.

Anyone have the names of any discord/custom groups that are popular on PC?

The HaloGAF Discord group is here: https://t.co/9DmSp5BQ93

It got shared on several sites/videos so we have over 1500 members now. Very easy to find players.

Did I do something to piss you off? Because I'm certainly not the type of guy who crouches his way into a victory. We played some very weird FFA maps, so I played a little defensive. Especially on that one map that only consisted of hallways and one color.

Maybe it was my comment about you crouching immediately after engaging in a 1vs1? If so, I didn't mean that as an insult, so I'm sorry if it came across as one.
I was just giving you a hard time. :p

Titanfall is getting a card game. Inb4 Halo: Cards Evolved.

Actucally a Halo card game could work. There is enough lore and EU to make it interesting.

Ade

Actucally a Halo card game could work. There is enough lore and EU to make it interesting.

Yeah that could work tbh. Id play it, in fact I'm kind of surprised there isn't one already (physical or digital)

My kids actually wanted me to print a deck of req cards, so we could do Halo snap

wwm0nkey

A warhammer style game works better for Halo. Or something like Heroclix (I remember when they did Heroclix for Halo 3 lol)

But yeah Halo could easily fit into the baordgame universe.

Ideally I would LOVE something like Betrayal. A co-op boardgame where you build randomly generated levels and go through scenarios leading up to a big Event where you have to complete a mission that is randomly selected depending on how you explored the map. That or Zombicide but instead just replace the zombies with Covenant

A warhammer style game works better for Halo. Or something like Heroclix (I remember when they did Heroclix for Halo 3 lol)

But yeah Halo could easily fit into the baordgame universe.

Ideally I would LOVE something like Betrayal. A co-op boardgame where you build randomly generated levels and go through scenarios leading up to a big Event where you have to complete a mission that is randomly selected depending on how you explored the map. That or Zombicide but instead just replace the zombies with Covenant

Well, funny story, that's already a thing.

http://www.halopedia.org/Halo:_Ground_Command

(Halopedia people be slacking tho, that's one barren page)

Sanjuro

I'm off the next three days if anyone is looking to play matchmaking. Been leaving things up to the solo gods for some time now.

AlStrong

Halo 1 was 70 horizontal, in 4:3 mode. For CEA's 16:9 they horizontally expanded the view while holding vertical constant, which made it 86 degrees horizontal.

Halo 3 was 70 horizontal in 16:9 mode, although 55 in 4:3 mode.

Since Reach, all mainline releases have been 78 in 16:9 mode.

You must have a list of all the games' vert & hor FOV somewhere (I've been trying to find it from years past) + split-screen. :p

Was H2A FOV changed?

Would be nice if hypothetical H3A boosted the FOV. Also... split-screen on 16:9 window instead of the black bars pls. :[

wwm0nkey

Don't mean to double post, but apparently you can go above to 16 player cap in customs by simply inviting people after the game starts. Someone said they just started an 18 player BTB game and had another say they had a 21 player infection game last night.

NOKYARD

What I would love to see return if we get a Brute Firefight expansion

Brute Shot

Chopper
My Avalanche remake craves Brute variants.

I would even say they should reach out to the Community Cartographers again and have them do updates for all of the BTB maps using the new textures and assets etc. Really shows how limited launch forge was.
Funny you should post this on the very day the CCs sent the BTB candidates upstream to 343i.

Sai

Don't mean to double post, but apparently you can go above to 16 player cap in customs by simply inviting people after the game starts. Someone said they just started an 18 player BTB game and had another say they had a 21 player infection game last night.
:eek: Don't patch it, 343i! New BTB™

With AR/Pistol starts

Strakt

I really hope they patch in the uncapped FPS very soon. Its really unplayable for me , even on a 980 TI esp on a 1440p / 144hz monitor. I know theres a cheat engine floating around, but I would rather not use that.

-Ryn

Banned
Super Big Team Boogaloo lives!!!

Top Bottom