• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

CyReN

I know Halo streams aren't great but you're comparing your online tournaments to a live invitational event? That's like 0.1% of the difficulty.

and 0.1% of the advertising.

Point is, Halo may not be the king like it once was but the HCS has been shooting itself in the foot for the last 6 months. Stop trying to make excuses for them, it hasn't improved and continues downward. You just can't rely on the prize pool (only saving grace of the league) to save it.

Trup1aya

This is more of a mismanagement issue more than a money issue.

Like, we run Rocket League tournaments and our streams get 2x the views as the HCS stream right now and have 1% of the resources they have.

Well you can't look at something like that and not see the money Money management issue. Perhaps they haven't invested in the right management? Who replaced Che? Have they even tried to secure competent management?

They've invested millions into their competitive scene and can't muster the viewership of an 3rd party online TO known primarily for Halo, running unsanction Rocket league tourneys.

Perhaps they should have been working with TB

Point is, Halo may not be the king like it once was but the HCS has been shooting itself in the foot for the last 6 months. Stop trying to make excuses for them, it hasn't improved and continues downward. You just can't rely on the prize pool (only saving grace of the league) to save it.

Thats true. I feel like the prize pool has more to do with the popularity than the actual event.

jem0208

I'm not making any excuses for them.

I'm saying your comparison is irrelevant.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'll likely be behind on HCS vegas for a few days. bailling on the thread till i get caught up to avoid spoilers. see you all monday or tuesday

We getting a code soon? One code in four hours doesn't seem like much.

Guess not. In other news, suck it FATstronaut:

gYmanKV.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
edit: also yes there were rebuilds of Forge maps from the ground up within the same game by forgers. Nok also had to "harden" some of the default maps for Heavies to accomodate the Gauss hog, due to the glitch where you could shoot through Forge objects with it, but we found the easiest fix was to just put two of the same piece in the same spot.. then it'd stop the Gauss shots.

Ah, yes, that glitch. Funny that it can be actually fixed, i recall that the slug would go through any number of walls, or close enough anyway.

Speaking of Gauss slugs, i miss the Promethean shield from Halo 4 because it could deflect Gauss shots. I found out that by accident once: Saw a Gauss Hog coming, activated the shield because i was in the open and i was very surprised when the slug got deflected. (Then the Hog probably splattered me...)

FyreWulff

Ah, yes, that glitch. Funny that it can be actually fixed, i recall that the slug would go through any number of walls, or close enough anyway.

Speaking of Gauss slugs, i miss the Promethean shield from Halo 4 because it could deflect Gauss shots. I found out that by accident once: Saw a Gauss Hog coming, activated the shield because i was in the open and i was very surprised when the slug got deflected. (Then the Hog probably splattered me...)

Yeah, it goes through any single instance of a Forge object, no matter how many walls it has internally, like the Gulch base objects. So if you shot at the Gulch bases, it'd go through one half of the base but then "hit" against the other half, so you'd be able to x-ray shoot right into the flag room of those bases.

You also didn't need to specifically use the same object duplicated. You could put 1x1 walls embedded in the bases to stop the shot, but that of course would ramp up your object and budget real fast, so it was easier to double up the same object twice.

I actually had to implement this fix on Cragmire to accomodate the Gauss too. If you go load it up, all of the Forge cover is actually doubled up.

Sadly they never fixed the bug for the TU (or the Revenant super auto-aim for the passenger). It's strange, the bug seems to specifically be that the gauss shot simply counts how many Forge objects it's touched and stops after 1.

Detective

How long has the (stuck at black screen ) issue been known now?

Got it Twice in less then one hour.

Here I thought I was gonna enjoy some matches. fuck it. Quit and play another game.

Woorloog

Banned
Sadly they never fixed the bug for the TU (or the Revenant super auto-aim for the passenger). It's strange, the bug seems to specifically be that the gauss shot simply counts how many Forge objects it's touched and stops after 1.

They never fixed the Nerfle auto-headshot (with zero bloom) glitch either, did they? Bungie wasn't big on fixing bugs in earlier Halos... though i guess a lot of that was because it was simply not possible with any reasonably sized patch?

Does Halo 5 have any... "funny" Forge bugs?

Welfare

What region are you guys in to experience so many connection problems? In Florida and never see what you guys talk about.

Haruko

What region are you guys in to experience so many connection problems? In Florida and never see what you guys talk about.

I get the occasional failure to join a game while rest of fireteam makes it in (black screen infinite load spinner), and I'm in the metro Detroit area.

Doesn't happen TOO often to me; seems to hit ExWife more (granted he plays >>> more than me)

FyreWulff

They never fixed the Nerfle auto-headshot (with zero bloom) glitch either, did they? Bungie wasn't big on fixing bugs in earlier Halos... though i guess a lot of that was because it was simply not possible with any reasonably sized patch?

Does Halo 5 have any... "funny" Forge bugs?

There were bugs Bungie wouldn't touch because it'd break LAN compatibility. Hence my 6GB TU posts back then, because I and a few others were assuming 343 would continue that, and to update stuff client side they'd ship the new client data and the old client data so your 360 would load either set depending on who you'd join on LAN..

remember when a 6GB update seemed absurd?

Detective

Europe here, with other friends also in EU
And all my friends in ME have it too.

Most of my friends quit playing because of these connections issues. We are down to 5-6 people from morr than 50 players .

LASVEGAS

EDIT: I'm in NM and it varies day by day but sometimes it's real bad.

EDIT2: God this casting duo is like a nightmare. Straight muted after the first game. Just talking for talking's sake...

TCKaos

Protip: In Minotaurs, so long as you have one infected player and one human player, you can have the infected player jump out and grind Spartan Charges.

TCKaos

I live in Western Canada and I experience the game fail to load issue daily exclusively in warzone, warzone firefight and warzone assault.

This is an example of it.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mo999999999/video/27813180

We have this same issue all the time, and I'm in North Carolina, Prinz Eugn is in Germany Pennsylvania, and ExWife is in New Mexico. Not sure where Fudsch, Daedalius, and Nutter are from, though.

We also have hard crashes going from custom gametypes to Warzone. It's fairly consistent enough that we're certain the two are connected.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Played a warzone and after a few words out of my teammates mouth I knew he was a trump supporter and lone behold he had Trump in his gamer tag.

Yesterday me and my GF got the unicorn "fire" skin it looks really nice

Here is the official description on how to get it thank you very much 343i!

Unicorn ”Fire" Skin – We will award this to players who create something awesome and get featured in the Halo Community Update here on Waypoint. Yes, this is highly subjective, and yes, we know the distribution audience is going to start small. We want to recognize and reward players who are creating great content and helping to enrich our community and this is one of the few things we have left to help do that. We're going to go back through to the beginning of this year (2017) and will be retroactively awarding to players who've done something awesome that we've featured (this includes ‘community spotlight', ‘play of the week' and any other recognition we've included such as cool Forge creations noticed on Twitter, etc...). If you've been featured hang tight, we'll be rolling these out shortly but since it is a manual process we appreciate your patience.
P.S we we're part of the first people to discover the Grunt Jockey Easter Egg and we got featured here https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/cetacean-celebration also I don't know if this counts but I'm a Halo Youtuber since 2010 ;)

Ade

Yesterday I got the unicorn "fire" skin it looks really nice, thank you 343 Industries I love it!

Thats ace, I tried to get the ice one during the session advertised on twitter on Friday. Sadly to try and match 343 I have to use expanded which results in horrible games, and I assume the insane volume of quitters was due to people trying to find 343. Fun times :-(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
We live! First up eg vs cryptic (ryanoob's team). Let's go ryanoob and friends! Or goat squad! Hype

Top Bottom