• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

TCKaos

f6e52d9ba20fcc10dcc8f2faefa24746.png

Burn it all down.

How
giphy.gif

I wrote stories about talking skeletons ripping a child's body open so that they can use his skeleton as a designated driver for a party and another about a knight with a blessed liver playing beerpong with death, does that make me qualified?

Moreso than Reed, yeah.

Madness

I think it is a good position to have especially as we saw how the story morphed during the development of H5, working closely with the creative director to make sure it all lines up.

As for HCS, this event is just another drop in the bucket of how many mistakes there have been. How EG allowed to leave venue before the series even ended. Just swallow your damn pride and get Gfinity or MLG to run your events for you. But again, congrats to whoever wins whatever.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Str8 chocked a massive lead, then LG almost chocked the game away.

Eh, it's been a good event. Limited down time, no big issues, names for all players. Goldenboy. All I can ask for.

Madness

Str8 chocked a massive lead, then LG almost chocked the game away.

Eh, it's been a good event. Limited down time, no big issues, names for all players. Goldenboy. All I can ask for.

That is because Pro Halo is always fun to watch and there are great players and personalities on the scene. But that has little to do with how the events are run. They deserve better. Watch any other eSports event, LoL, Dota, Overwatch, even Gears 4 which has a fraction of the money and support that Halo 5 gets. HCS is pure amateur hour.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
That is because Pro Halo is always fun to watch and there are great players and personalities on the scene. But that has little to do with how the events are run. They deserve better. Watch any other eSports event, LoL, Dota, Overwatch, even Gears 4 which has a fraction of the money and support that Halo 5 gets. HCS is pure amateur hour.

Meh. It's the only esport I watch and while sometimes there are some really dumb issues I just haven't seen them this event. It's been pretty damn smooth imo.

Came home after drinks and wtf is this series. Irks me so much that this panda squad is gonna have an asterisk no matter how well they're playing.

Either way this is some damn good Halo.

EDIT: Lol, Naded getting some ExWife camo luck. "Hey guys, I'm camo, just stay alive, I'll win this real quick." Teammate dies right away. Lose game.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that was great..crowd going nuts

Edit: I wonder if commonly didn't fall it would have mattered? Panda got the trip cap.

Zasa

Fucking insane match. Wow. Well in for Naded though.

This whole weekend has been some of the best Halo to date tbh, team's are so close now.

Damn, that was great..crowd going nuts

Edit: I wonder if commonly didn't fall it would have mattered? Panda got the trip cap.

It matters a ton. They got the trip cap because they were suddenly outnumbered at basement (and had no intel) and then nest. The kills after that were ez-mode because ALG is forced to split between both strongholds without enough players to be effective. I mean, that's not the *only* reason they lost, but at that point in the game it lost them the match and I would be kicking myself if I were Commonly.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It matters a ton. They got the trip cap because they were suddenly outnumbered at basement (and had no intel) and then nest. The kills after that were ez-mode because ALG is forced to split between both strongholds without enough players to be effective. I mean, that's not the *only* reason they lost, but at that point in the game it lost them the match and I would be kicking myself if I were Commonly.

Yeah, good points. And like Tsquared said Trippy made some mistakes as well. So close for ALG

Velcoro

yea why did trippey push smg right there that was unnecessary. then commonly falling off right after that. would of been an epic comeback for sure.

yea why did trippey push smg right there that was unnecessary. then commonly falling off right after that. would of been an epic comeback for sure.

He pushed smg so that he could watch the nest push or potentially take the BR base if needed, but he got spotted and killed. As ACE said, it was a smart play, but didn't work out.

Got a Spartan Charge medal after charging an enemy, leaving him with no shields, who then got killed by a Marine (I guess?).

Not complaining!

Managed to get a decent number of Marine kills and an assassination too. Those Buckle Ups though...

How sweet would it be if they included that Halo minigame in Action Sack? That infection variant where the zombie has a sniper and has to kill dudes on Mongeese driving on this circle?

Trup1aya

So surprised by the turn of events tonight. I knew Pnda was good after picking up Danoxide, but I never thought they'd make it. Their chemistry and preparation was on display. Can believe ALG dropped Dan.

I also was surprised by LG. They've been looking completely unimpressive lately. I definately didn't see them making Worlds.

No pro teams have been eliminated from contention Yet, but I don't see EG making it through the LQC :(.

But who will get the last spot? Splyce might be the favorite, with ALG just behind, but Ryanoob's Team Cryptic made a big splash. And I don't think 3sup and STDx played to the best of their abilities in Vegas.

belushy

Banned
#10teamproleague

Late edit: or 8 team pro league l, 6 team challenger league

Edit2: I definitely see Splyce making it through the LCQ personally. Still, I could see any of EG, Cryptic, ALG, Spylce or 3sUP winning.

Velcoro

He pushed smg so that he could watch the nest push or potentially take the BR base if needed, but he got spotted and killed. As ACE said, it was a smart play, but didn't work out.

yeah just seemed too risky he should of just chilled on the bat ledge but either way commonly falling off really was awful timing

Top Bottom