• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

CyReN

cKnVdSTY.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Lethul's strategy against spylce: extend the series as long as possible to go past shotzzy' s bed time.

! Lol

Trup1aya

Man Ryanoob had so many details about his teammates performance so quickly after the series... you'd think he watched the tape before the interview.

Saw someone in the Crackdown 3 thread mention it would be dope if they included this Cloud Computing thing into Halo 6 Warzone. Even bigger maps, better textures, more people, maybe some light destructibility hnnnnng. On the other hand we already have enough issues with the servers without quadrupling them.

Saw someone in the Crackdown 3 thread mention it would be dope if they included this Cloud Computing thing into Halo 6 Warzone. Even bigger maps, better textures, more people, maybe some light destructibility hnnnnng. On the other hand we already have enough issues with the servers without quadrupling them.

You dont need Cloud Computing for such things... Battlefield does all this with 64 players and doesnt have to cut down animation fps for characters etc lol

Trup1aya

You dont need Cloud Computing for such things... Battlefield does all this with 64 players and doesnt have to cut down animation fps for characters etc lol

Not the same.

Battlefield also isn't an open world simulation, nor do collapsing buildings interact with each other in realtime (no domino effect)

TCKaos

I'd rather them use it to up the fidelity of the AI back to CE or Reach levels. We need more ducking and weaving Elites and Elites actually hiding behind cover when they lose their shields. I'd rather we had smarter enemies than bigger maps or more players.

Or - cooler bosses. Locusts, Scarabs, Phantoms, Liches. The giant Hunter from Halo Legends. Give them complex mechanics that aren't just "shoot it until it dies" or "shoot it in the back until it dies".

Well then 343's halo engine must be poopy so cloud computing will buff it majorly.

I'm pretty sure Halo 5's still running on a heavily modified version of the Blam! engine, right?

I'd rather them use it to up the fidelity of the AI back to CE or Reach levels. We need more ducking and weaving Elites and Elites actually hiding behind cover when they lose their shields. I'd rather we had smarter enemies than bigger maps or more players.

Or - cooler bosses. Locusts, Scarabs, Phantoms, Liches. The giant Hunter from Halo Legends. Give them complex mechanics that aren't just "shoot it until it dies" or "shoot it in the back until it dies".

I'm pretty sure Halo 5's still running on a heavily modified version of the Blam! engine, right?

Correct it's still Blam!

To be fair, that's kinda difficult when shooting is one of the only damage-related mechanics the player has at any given time. It's different with something like Metroid Prime 2 bosses because you have, like, 15 different options related to modes of mobility and damage output by the time you're done with the game.

To be fair, that's kinda difficult when shooting is one of the only damage-related mechanics the player has at any given time. It's different with something like Metroid Prime 2 bosses because you have, like, 15 different options related to modes of mobility and damage output by the time you're done with the game.

How about "Shoot its legs to enable a week point or disable a certain attack" or "Shooting only works for a while, but you have to do a melee for the finish" or "Only plasma weapons will damage boss shields, and only human weapons can damage its 'flesh'"?

There's plenty of stuff you could do with the current sandbox, 343 just doesn't put in the effort.

How about "Shoot its legs to enable a week point or disable a certain attack" or "Shooting only works for a while, but you have to do a melee for the finish" or "Only plasma weapons will damage boss shields, and only human weapons can damage its 'flesh'"?

There's plenty of stuff you could do with the current sandbox, 343 just doesn't put in the effort.

destiny.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

http://makeagif.com/i/u9zoID

CyReN

What a joke.

Offstreaming key matches...

This, with the lack of bracket updates, stream issues, etc continue to taint the entire HCS. A lot of this stuff is self inflicted and continues to happen event after event, hope they learn for Worlds I guess.

TCKaos

destiny.jpg

That was gonna' be my go-to example. Sentinel Enforcer with rotating shield that you have to time your shots through, or a Brute Chieftan with an expanded moveset that lets him rip players out of vehicles or pull them to him with his hammer or something. Use Ripa 'Moramee's character concept to create an aggressive boss Elite with a unique animation set that can actually roam the map and is a force multiplier. Low health? Cloak and run away, or call in a dropship to pick them up, or call in support using drop pods.

You can't tell me that some kind of Storm Commander Elite boss with the prerelease CE diamond shield wouldn't be awesome.
elite_shield.jpg

Make 'em totally reflect human and hard light munitions, and have them swat away grenades and other slow projectiles like Knights and Hunters do.

Fuck, just steal the Shield Brothers and make them Hunters. It'd be hilarious and awesome.

Trup1aya

This, with the lack of bracket updates, stream issues, etc continue to taint the entire HCS. A lot of this stuff is self inflicted and continues to happen event after event, hope they learn for Worlds I guess.

I just don't get it.

They know what people liked about previous tournaments.

They know what people didn't like about previous tournaments.

Yet they refuse to adjust. And even come up with new stuff for us to dislike. The bracket update situation is a joke. And They breezed through these matches for top 6, but are gonna dedicate time to FFA which no one cares about.

Clueless.

Top Bottom