• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Detective

This fucking game man..This fucking game.

I have 500/50 line and the connection is really out there now.

It getting worse each fucking day.

I spawn with half the reqs ive bought, And when I died I spawned with the second half.

Fix the god damn servers man, Its getting really stupid now.

And the freezes man, the fucking freezes.

I got back on halo yesterday after at least a few months (whoever was gathering that data probably knows lol). I did my 10 placement matches in slayer and was surprised/annoyed how little my rank has changed. I was playing diamond/onyx people through a good number of games, and ended up plat 4 which is near/slightly below where I was before. Why does the MMR not decay after so much time away? I was not doing well.

I was also hoping to catch the BTB/Warzone train but did not see it assemble :(

EYEL1NER

Seems like today will probably be a good day for gold packs but I'm laid up with a touch of food poisoning right now. I was hoping to get on and play with someone tonight too, but I don't think I can even relocate from the bed to the couch right now.

So the fact they are actually making sandbox changes now (sniper, caster, radar etc) to me says that H6 is in a playable state and they have some MP maps geometry completed. They have been using H5 as a beta for the last 16 months. If we go by H5 schedule then we should be getting a beta in ~9 months. So it makes sense they have the basics laid out now/very soon. HYPE.

Based off Frankie saying H6 will be a refined H5 gameplay wise.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I fucking hate this game sometimes...

Banned for betraying... stupid mother fuckers that betrayed me for sniper and proceeded to harass me with shots an entire match.

Such.fucking.crap. stinkles, this isn't a solution. This makes me want to walk away more than any amount of server disconnects.

So the fact they are actually making sandbox changes now (sniper, caster, radar etc) to me says that H6 is in a playable state and they have some MP maps geometry completed. They have been using H5 as a beta for the last 16 months. If we go by H5 schedule then we should be getting a beta in ~9 months. So it makes sense they have the basics laid out now/very soon. HYPE.

Wait, did he really say this?

... because it's exactly what Halo 6 should be.

I wouldn't mind that at all. I mean the game play is good, it just needs tweaks and also
BTB pistol starts.

In my view, the main thing they need to improve on is the infrastructure of the game (UI, matchmaking, modes, servers, armor, rewards, and etc.) I said it before and I'll say it again. Take the infrastructure of Reach and combine it with the game play of H5 and you'll have the best Halo game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fyi, back in halo so it must have been a short ban, but still. There has got to be a way for the banhammer to see damage inflicted by teammates and betrayals before filling out any ban.

343 better work their butts off to make a larger number of quality maps for halo 6 than what we have in 5. Really sad when I turn on hcs and it feels like the same 3 to 4 maps are being cycled since launch. And no more alternate versions of the same map. Such a bad idea.

343 better work their butts off to make a larger number of quality maps for halo 6 than what we have in 5. Really sad when I turn on hcs and it feels like the same 3 to 4 maps are being cycled since launch. And no more alternate versions of the same map. Such a bad idea.

HWC 2017 basically saw no DLC maps in play, the only tournament viable (sort of) DLC map is Stasis and it has been gone since forever.

Welfare

They can't do remix's anymore. They were lazy and almost all of them were shit.

HCS Halo 5 feels like HCS H2A. Small amount of maps and even less gametypes.

Top Bottom