• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

yo i bought an Xbox and this came with it. how's halo 5?

Worst Halo ever.
Frankie killed my dog.
Tashi doesn’t fix the game; he just sits in the menus.
343i ruined Halo.
I miss real Halo.
Bring back Bungie.

Seriously though, it’s good. The multiplayer is one of best in the franchise and the campaign is fairly decent, not the best but certainly not bad. Overall, it’s one of the best fps this gen. Just be warned it’s like 90GB now.

I always get spawn killed and shot from every angle while trying to play Strongholds on that map. It's not very friendly towards objective focused players imo.

OK, so your comment seemed quite different from what I think of as my standard experience on that map/gametype combo. I went to your recent games and bookmarked your latest film on Scavenger SH. I watched it all the way through and only saw 1 death that I would consider "spawn killed". And even that death wasn't really something that the other team intentionally set up or anything.

If it's cool with you, I want to try something new and use the theater film and go over it with some commentary to discuss what issues I noticed while watching your gameplay and maybe suggest some changes that might make your time spent more enjoyable/more successful.

Totally serious, because it was kind of eye-opening for me in terms of how other people play the gametype on that map. Would you have an issue with that?

yo i bought an Xbox and this came with it. how's halo 5?
Getting used to all the movements will take some time.
  • Sprint then crouch to slide
  • Sprint then melee to charge (deals damage and knockback)
  • Jump and scope in to activate stabilizers
  • Hold the melee button while in midair to charge up a ground pound
  • The thrusters vary by button layout, but they are purely for rapid horizontal traversal (which can help you duck into cover or cross long distances)
  • Don't sprint when your shields are down, if you can help it
Also, don't expect much out of the story. That said, the level design in the campaign is excellent, and it's even better if you can at least one friend to tag along for the ride.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Gunplay and gunfights are amazing. Reminds me of halo 2 mp days, if you ever played that.

Getting used to all the movements will take some time.

Enjoy.
Edit: exwife the real mvp of haloGaf.

• Sprint then crouch to slide
  • Sprint then melee to charge (deals damage and knockback)
  • Jump and scope in to activate stabilizers
  • Hold the melee button while in midair to charge up a ground pound
  • The thrusters vary by button layout, but they are purely for rapid horizontal traversal (which can help you duck into cover or cross long distances)
  • Don't sprint when your shields are down, if you can help it
Also, don't expect much out of the story. That said, the level design in the campaign is excellent, and it's even better if you can at least one friend to tag along for the ride.

use the shitty promethean weapons against the shitty prometheans. makes them slightly less shitty
oooo thanks for this. played a shitload of 2 mp way back when. i miss it. sorta fell off the series after 3 which i had a lot of fun with.

Those pics represent the transition from CE's art style to H2 pretty well. One set is full of life, vibrant colors everywhere, and the other just sucks all energy out of it, although more detailed and "next gen."

oooo thanks for this. played a shitload of 2 mp way back when. i miss it. sorta fell off the series after 3 which i had a lot of fun with.

ooh welcome oneida enjoy your stay in halogaf errr I mean the halo 5: Guardians OT
giphy.gif

just be careful cause lots of halo controversial opinions can happen and then we end up with this :D

civil_war.gif

also feel free to add me GT dark silver89 a bunch of us usually get together during nights and weekends to play lots of BTB and warzone

Akai__

I was really hoping we could move away from one colored Forge maps after Reach.

Every map, except Deadlock and Viking, looks so ugly now. And great job at not fixing the stupid sun lens flare on Recurve... Like why?

Karl2177

I was really hoping we could move away from one colored Forge maps after Reach.

Every map, except Deadlock and Viking, looks so ugly now. And great job at not fixing the stupid sun lens flare on Recurve... Like why?
I saw the new Entombed and thought, "these repeating textures really make this look like an OG Xbox map."

Kibbles

Those pics represent the transition from CE's art style to H2 pretty well. One set is full of life, vibrant colors everywhere, and the other just sucks all energy out of it, although more detailed and "next gen."
Blinding white isn't very full of life and vibrant:

Always why I hated Boardwalk... that white is ugly and distracting af

Ade

19 days into the season and 55/100 members of HaloGAF haven't done their placement matches.

Now I know they could all be playing action sack, btb and warzone, but that's a bit shocking...bloody achillies

Karl2177

I can't access waypoint right now, but I'm fairly sure I got ranked this month. I haven't been able to play for about a week now because I've been trying to get everything figured out with my new computer and my old one being converted to a server.

I don't think people should worry about ranking in arena. From a historical standpoint, within HaloGaf seasons, many people exclusively play WZ. (now social lists)

Going off what I've seen time to time, we always have a good chunk of people who don't rank at all. I gather that Gringo checks their activity and only boots anyone who doesn't actually play.

Ade

I don't think people should worry about ranking in arena. From a historical standpoint, within HaloGaf seasons, many people exclusively play WZ. (now social lists)

Going off what I've seen time to time, we always have a good chunk of people who don't rank at all. I gather that Gringo checks their activity and only boots anyone who doesn't actually play.

Yeah, I only posted because I was perusing people in the SC and theres a couple of people in the handful I looked at that seem to have never played:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/dillonmabry
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/eman4ever

(unless waypoint is fecked)

TCKaos

19 days into the season and 55/100 members of HaloGAF haven't done their placement matches.

Now I know they could all be playing action sack, btb and warzone, but that's a bit shocking...bloody achillies

It's worth noting that 26/100 players in the company have never placed in a ranked playlist.

EVKrTvW.png

Welfare

I'm going to work on my placement matches soon. I just want to play on one new BTB map first.

Map rotation is still garbage. Antifreeze and Entombed must have a 40% chance to play on them.

I think Antifreeze, Recurve, Scavenger and Fracture look decent enough. Guillotine and Boulevard would greatly benefit from a city forge pallet (city skyline sky box). Viking looks like quintessential Halo, No God Anywhere continues to be among the best forgers. Entombed looks pretty bad, they indeed went overboard with the textures. I actually liked the last iteration of Deadlock better than what we currently have, curious what Nokyard was thinking with the rusty/pristine thing. Basin looks like trash, it should probably be removed while Viking is present.

As for new maps Dispelled is pretty cool, CE vibes and not just from Timberlands. Estuary looks like it's out of Halo 2. I actually think Unearthed looks bad, but that's due to its unappealing setting rather than bad forging. Haven't seen Traffic Jam yet.

Top Bottom