• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

So I JiP into a game that is 4-30 and it's 3v8. Another guy leaves and it's 2v8...

Now I get farmed for the next nine minutes because if I quit I'll risked getting banned. The funny part is after I JiP nobody else did. Seriously this whole system is complete shit sometimes.

Ade

Since a short while after changing my Gamertag, I've been getting them almost daily. Sometimes I get flooded with Minecraft invites. I've blocked all those people that have followed me since, that have unusually low gamerscores, and have played hardly anything beyond Minecraft; same types identified in that thread I linked to.

Don't know what made Microsoft think this one-sided following was a good thing. This ain't Twitter, doesn't need to be anything like Twitter.

Interesting. Me too, since GT changed to Ade.

Trup1aya

I haven't played all the refreshed BTB maps, but the ones I did have been greatly improved.

I'm surprised at how much I enjoy recurve now.

Akai__

Interesting. Me too, since GT changed to Ade.

Add me to the list. This is why I had to change my privacy settings, so only friends can see my Xbox Live profile + a coupple other things. Sucks, but if Xbox doesn't allow me to disable followers or toggle back to the Friends Request system, I see no other way.

The whole Xbox One UI and functionality is still 2 steps backwards and 1 step forward compared to the Xbox 360, in my eyes. We don't even have a Global Vibration toggle after 3 years. Oh wait... We have, but ONLY FOR ELITE Controllers... Fucking lol

BizzyBum

BTB is garbage now with this shit frame rate. How was none of this tested before adding them in? No idea why it would happen in the first place, none of these maps are graphically great.

Halo 6 PC can't come soon enough.

Then it just becomes another magnum. They could reduce the amount of aim-assist it gets for sure, bringing it down to magnum levels means the magnum won't be at a disadvantage when you put the two against each other.

What if it fired projectiles instead of being hitscan? And maybe a random bullet spread for the other two shots in a burst?

No, that's stupid. Who'd be dumb enough to implement that?

I'm teasing, but dropoff would actually help a lot for BTB and WZ.

Simple: it wasn't meant to be a weapon you could spawn with outside of Warzone.

Good points. Honestly I figured the extra zoom and the 4 shots vs 5 shots to kill would keep its superiority at mid range, even with magnum level aim-assist.

And, full disclosure, Im somebody that had zero issue with the spread of the BR in Halo 3. Partly because Ive always leaned toward BTB or 4v4 on vehicle friendly maps. But also because I found it intuitively understandable that a mid-range weapon would lose efficacy at long range.

My reaction to losing a long range BR exchange because of random spread luck being the difference is 'well, I rolled the dice by engaging outside the optimal range of this weapon'. I turned a battle I could have directed into a 50/50 coin flip by failing to deomstrate more patience on the approach.

Welfare

Just had my best game of BTB Strongholds. Unfortunately some idiot liked to friendly fire so it made the match more difficult. Not pictured is 5 Captures, 11 secures, and 14 Defense's.

Screenshot-Original.png

BizzyBum

Antifreeze has the most spots where frame rate drops it seems like, and it can get pretty terrible.

What is 343's or the forgers excuse for these issues?

Is just baffles my mind they would add these in their current state. All it takes is a few seconds to see how bad the framerate is on some of them. It's either they didn't care or literally didn't test a single one before rolling it out.

BizzyBum

I was in Kampy's sub FFA tourney and came in 7th in the first round. lol

Just goes to show whenever I think I'm good at a game whenever I play good opponents it just brings me back down to earth and remind me I'm actually terrible at said game.

Trup1aya

Antifreeze has the most spots where frame rate drops it seems like, and it can get pretty terrible.

What is 343's or the forgers excuse for these issues?

Is just baffles my mind they would add these in their current state. All it takes is a few seconds to see how bad the framerate is on some of them. It's either they didn't care or literally didn't test a single one before rolling it out.

I wonder if it's a bug rather than poorly tested maps...

Edit: beaten

Double post because whatever.

Overall, I'm pleased with the new additions to BTB. The maps look good, play much better, and there are a wider variety of weapons and vehicles.

However, there are somethings I'd like to see changed:

Make every mode available on all maps. Some maps only have SH, while others only have CTF. I'd like to see every mode available for each map. Also add Assault if that is possible (I remember there was an issue with this).

Fix the fps drops, however they are supposedly looking into that. So I'm not too worried about that.

Finally,
BTB pistol starts.

This is how you get vehicle kills lol.

Double post because whatever.

Overall, I'm pleased with the new additions to BTB. The maps look good, play much better, and there are a wider variety of weapons and vehicles.

However, there are somethings I'd like to see changed:

Make every mode available on all maps. Some maps only have SH, while others only have CTF. I'd like to see every mode available for each map. Also add Assault if that is possible (I remember there was an issue with this).

Fix the fps drops, however they are supposedly looking into that. So I'm not too worried about that.

Finally,
BTB pistol starts.

This is how you get vehicle kills lol.

But not all maps are designed for all modes, so this won't happen. Ex: Viking is designed for slayer and CTF. Guillotine - Slayer and SH. Boulevard - Slayer and SH. etc etc. Just because a mode exists doesn't mean that the mode should be played on every map in MM.

I don't believe (unless it's one of the new maps) that there is any map that only has 1 gametype however, as you claim.

Welfare

Every BTB map should support Slayer.

But you know, why isn't there a list you can pull up when selecting a playlist that tells you evey map in said playlist and the game types played on those maps like in MCC? There isn't even something like that on the website when there was one for Halo 4. Why take away features every game?

But not all maps are designed for all modes, so this won't happen. Ex: Viking is designed for slayer and CTF. Guillotine - Slayer and SH. Boulevard - Slayer and SH. etc etc. Just because a mode exists doesn't mean that the mode should be played on every map in MM.

I don't believe (unless it's one of the new maps) that there is any map that only has 1 gametype however, as you claim.

Maybe not every map, but there are multiple maps that could work with more than one mode. For instance, Viking would work for SH and also Assault. The same could apply to Standoff, it actually had SH for a bit then it was removed. Also I'm talking about objective game modes, not Slayer. Which is where I'm getting the one mode thing. Of course maps have multiple modes if you want to count Slayer.

Maybe not every map, but there are multiple maps that could work with more than one mode. For instance, Viking would work for SH and also Assault. The same could apply to Standoff, it actually had SH for a bit then it was removed. Also I'm talking about objective game modes, not Slayer. Which is where I'm getting the one mode thing. Of course maps have multiple modes if you want to count Slayer.

When the game really only has 3 modes, of course I count slayer, lol.

Viking would likely suffer the same issues as Antifreeze re: SH. Namely that the center of the map is too powerful for the gametype and would need to have a stronghold somewhere in the vicinity for balance concerns, making comebacks incredibly difficult once one team has control of mid. Not to mention on Viking, "functionally symmetrical" issues exist that mean one team is already favored over the other. Strongholds would be terrible on it just like Antifreeze (which still has it for some god-awful reason).

I think it’s just more that I’m disappointed in the lack of modes. I mean where are all the other BTB modes? Assault, Crazy King, VIP, Territories, Multi Bomb, and etc. I’d even take BTB SWAT at this point in order to mix it up a bit. I just want more modes, playing the same three gets boring.

Next weekend ill try and get myself through
diamond 6

After that, if i get
onyx
this season, ill have a clear conscience and anticipate gears4/bf1/codiw for mp.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Next weekend ill try and get myself through
diamond 6

After that, if i get
onyx
this season, ill have a clear conscience and anticipate gears4/bf1/codiw for mp.

i'd like to jump on. i can help, maybe. got to solo diamond 6 last season, this one though i've bounced between diamond 2-4. help an old man out though, the onyx dream is real

Sanjuro

I got to Diamond 1. My good fortune is over, today felt like lag day. Most games I played had teams of uneven skill levels and a TON of strange lag. Haven't come across much in this game so far.

i'd like to jump on. i can help, maybe. got to solo diamond 6 last season, this one though i've bounced between diamond 2-4. help an old man out though, the onyx dream is real

I dont use a mic at all. I am down to pair up, but i also want to warn you how i play.

I got to Diamond 1. My good fortune is over, today felt like lag day. Most games I played had teams of uneven skill levels and a TON of strange lag. Haven't come across much in this game so far.

Typically I don't lag. In the instances where I do, I notice some aggressive rubber-banding on me and my allies before I get kicked, so even when I deal with lag that doesn't result in me getting kicked, my heart rate goes up a little.

Top Bottom