• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Ok btb is a joke. The BR is so much easier difficulty wise than the pistol, dmr and even the ar. Btb needs to be pistol starts with DMRs on the map.

Sai

Starting to worry that those of us that desire AR/Pistol starts for BTB are part of a very vocal minority. Had some friends I was playing with about a month back that thought BTB was fine with BR starts.

Trup1aya

Hell it would be nice if they'd just throw pistol starts in with BR starts. I think given the opportunity, the masses would see the light, and 343 could adjust the weighting accordingly.

I remember in the Beta people were asking for BR starts in 4v4, they tried it, everyone agreed it sucked in comparison and here we are.

Just tried the game out on PC.

Really disappointing visually, I actually thought my graphical settings weren't taking hold. I like the way everything feels, just need to find a different key then Caps Lock for thrust as that's not something I'm really used to.

Looking forward to the custom game browser so I can put in some time to see how the MP is.

Halo 5 forge is one of the first pc games where I wish that my mouse had more then 3 buttons, and I don't normally think about mouse buttons in games.

Welfare

So does BTB Slayer not count towards the Bulldozer commendation? 2 games I had over an 8 KDA and no progress was made.

Ok btb is a joke. The BR is so much easier difficulty wise than the pistol, dmr and even the ar. Btb needs to be pistol starts with DMRs on the map.

If BTB were a ranked mode, I'd agree, but since it's just a goofy fun social mode, it's fine for them to start with a casual-friendly heavy aim-assist weapon.

I really like that new Dispelled map. That TimeDipper guy has a ton of good stuff in his bookmarks.

96% of the way to that dumb helmet. At least BTB provides tons of opportunity for multi-grenade kills.

Trup1aya

If BTB were a ranked mode, I'd agree, but since it's just a goofy fun social mode, it's fine for them to start with a casual-friendly heavy aim-assist weapon.

I really like that new Dispelled map. That TimeDipper guy has a ton of good stuff in his bookmarks.

96% of the way to that dumb helmet. At least BTB provides tons of opportunity for multi-grenade kills.

I feel like the BR takes the goofy, fun, out of it, since you can hardly move around the map, and vehicles are quickly rendered useless...

I feel like the BR takes the goofy, fun, out of it, since you can hardly move around the map, and vehicles are quickly rendered useless...

Which is probably why the btb refresh includes almost every map having buffed vehicle variants and increased cover. Viking is a good example.

When you spawn the SPNKR EX to kill some Mythic Hunters.

giphy.gif

When you get killed by a shielded Grunt with a Void's Tear ten seconds after spawning.

giphy.gif

When you realize you've got a 30 second respawn timer, so the SPNKR's gone by the time you respawn.

giphy.gif

Btb with br starts is fine. Could be better with pistols but if a team is getting stomped by weapons and vehicles then how is a pistol suppose to destroy or put damage to a ghost, warthog, banshee, or anything else. Halfway across the map a pistol is useless unless you are a god with it so people will out class you easily. Pistol starts is good in theory but idk how it will work out. Least with brs everybody is at least on a mid leveled playing field. I would like pistol starts but fear what matches could turn into. Also dear god no dmr starts. #fuckthedmr

Sai

A Pistol is capable of picking people off of vehicles, it just isn't nearly as easy to accomplish as it is with a BR. If the players on the opposing team can outclass you that easily with the Pistol, the difference is going to be even more apparent with the BR.

Believe I've said it at least once, during a pre-release Halo 5 thread—around the time the beta hit, I think—that getting a handle on those BR and DMR spawnpoints should also play a part in map control, not just the power weapons and vehicles.

How many followers do you have?
Since a short while after changing my Gamertag, I've been getting them almost daily. Sometimes I get flooded with Minecraft invites. I've blocked all those people that have followed me since, that have unusually low gamerscores, and have played hardly anything beyond Minecraft; same types identified in that thread I linked to.

Don't know what made Microsoft think this one-sided following was a good thing. This ain't Twitter, doesn't need to be anything like Twitter.

SPNKr Prime is more fun to use versus Spartans, but when my team's got a Mythic boss we need dead, SPNKr EX is what I turn to.

SPNKr EX: kills Mythic bosses dead™

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The new btb maps are pretty good. Unearthed is a lot of fun and gorgeous. A little crazy with two snipers, two hydra, many is, wasp, rocket hogs and at least one laser though.

The new btb maps are pretty good. Unearthed is a lot of fun and gorgeous. A little crazy with two snipers, two hydra, many is, wasp, rocket hogs and at least one laser though.

I don't really mind the maps. They just need to fix the fps drops, apparently it has something to do with an old update and they are working on it.

Welfare

Why can't I turn off join in progress? I don't JiP this much in even Warzone. Have probably only been in one full game of BTB.

Trup1aya

Which is probably why the btb refresh includes almost every map having buffed vehicle variants and increased cover. Viking is a good example.

That's good really good to know. will surely make vehicles more enjoyable even if being on foot isn't as fun as it should be.

Random thought, whoever placed the spawns on Mercy/Haven must've been a spawn wizard. If I made that map in Forge, I would lose my mind trying to put spawns down, so seeing as how I never have an issue with the spawns on that map, I am impressed.

Random thought, whoever placed the spawns on Mercy/Haven must've been a spawn wizard. If I made that map in Forge, I would lose my mind trying to put spawns down, so seeing as how I never have an issue with the spawns on that map, I am impressed.

Spawns on molten, overgrown, riptide and truth though ....

Ultimately it seems like the best solution would be to tone the aim-assist or magnetism on the BR down to pistol levels.

Either that or some kind of damage drop-off or accuracy spread at range to keep the BR from dominating open spaces.

I'm honestly not sure why they decided to crank it so high for that particular weapon.

Ultimately it seems like the best solution would be to tone the aim-assist or magnetism on the BR down to pistol levels.

Then it just becomes another magnum. They could reduce the amount of aim-assist it gets for sure, bringing it down to magnum levels means the magnum won't be at a disadvantage when you put the two against each other.

Either that or some kind of damage drop-off or accuracy spread at range to keep the BR from dominating open spaces.

What if it fired projectiles instead of being hitscan? And maybe a random bullet spread for the other two shots in a burst?

No, that's stupid. Who'd be dumb enough to implement that?

I'm teasing, but dropoff would actually help a lot for BTB and WZ.

I'm honestly not sure why they decided to crank it so high for that particular weapon.

Simple: it wasn't meant to be a weapon you could spawn with outside of Warzone.

Top Bottom