• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

It's worth noting that 26/100 players in the company have never placed in a ranked playlist.

Guilty as charged... Only got into Halo 5 MP this summer and I'm a bit wary of jumping into Arena with randoms. I've been playing a ton of Warzone though, plus BTB recently.
I'll try to do my placement matches this weekend though, especially Saturday night. If anyone is down to team up, let me know!

Also, when will Clubs and LFG be available for everyone? These features should make teaming up much easier.

19 days into the season and 55/100 members of HaloGAF haven't done their placement matches.

Now I know they could all be playing action sack, btb and warzone, but that's a bit shocking...bloody achillies

I hate Arena matchmaking, putting Plat/Diamond soloequeuers against full teams of sweaty Onyx and Champion-ranked players (and smurfs). When I play with other GAFfers, it's typicaly one of the three Warzone modes.

And while I stray from ranked playlists, I play a lot of Warzone modes, Action Sack, and Infection. I've nabbed a decent number of First Strikes and Triple Kills through Infection recently, and I make a conscious effort to kill marines in Warzone, even if it expends more valuable ammunition (like a sniper round to kill a marine halfway across the map on March on Stormbreak).

I'm not going to bother with ranked playlists unless someone wants me to play with them, or 343i fixes the broken ranked matchmaking.

IHaveIce

Banned
19 days into the season and 55/100 members of HaloGAF haven't done their placement matches.

Now I know they could all be playing action sack, btb and warzone, but that's a bit shocking...bloody achillies

well PC Halo 5 just shits on the Xbox version and the gametypes in rotation are terrible.

And I would prefer to play Molten 24/7 as being a H5 btb sweater :Kappa:

Kids fell asleep when i got home so i had some time.... i did it... i made it!!!!

Screenshot-Original.png

I never thought i would with solo queue. Esepcially since i was struggling a lot during previous seasons at plat 3. Phew.... finally...

Onyx

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Kids fell asleep when i got home so i had some time.... i did it... i made it!!!!

Screenshot-Original.png

I never thought i would with solo queue. Esepcially since i was struggling a lot during previous seasons at plat 3. Phew.... finally...

Onyx

Congrats!

I actually had no idea what the Achilles requirements were until now. Well, maybe by end of the year? :(

I highly doubt it. There are too many big hitters coming in a few months. BF 1, TF 2, GoW 4, CoD IW/4, Destiny, and etc. If anything it's going to slow down even more. Our best chance was during the summer and early fall. At this rate it's going to be around when Halo Wars 2 comes out. Plus people are playing on PC now and custom games don't go towards it.

Esque7

I highly doubt it. There are too many big hitters coming in a few months. BF 1, TF 2, GoW 4, CoD IW/4, Destiny, and etc. If anything it's going to slow down even more. Our best chance was during the summer and early fall. At this rate it's going to be around when Halo Wars 2 comes out. Plus people are playing on PC now and custom games don't go towards it.
You're probably right, I was trying to be optimistic to fool myself. I won't be picking up any of those titles, so... 1 man party?

op_ivy

Wow. Next game I go 17 and 13, teammates 9- 13, 8- 13, and 3- 11. And to top it off MY FUCKING ELITE BUMPER BROKE MID MATCH.

I can't wait to play some Halo! XBO needs a 500mb update. I hate these fucking updates. They are so fucking slow. Everything else downloads fairly fast, but these updates take forever.

Wow. Next game I go 17 and 13, teammates 9- 13, 8- 13, and 3- 11. And to top it off MY FUCKING ELITE BUMPER BROKE MID MATCH.
The bumpers on these controllers are so goddamn terrible man..
I can't wait to play some Halo! XBO needs a 500mb update. I hate these fucking updates. They are so fucking slow. Everything else downloads fairly fast, but these updates take forever.
The preview program sucks for that reason; frequent updates take 20+ mins each time.

What's the best guide to run through TMCC achievements for? Is it TrueAchievements? And what are the LASO requirements now, didn't they change it slightly?

NOKYARD

I was really hoping we could move away from one colored Forge maps after Reach.

Every map, except Deadlock and Viking, looks so ugly now. And great job at not fixing the stupid sun lens flare on Recurve... Like why?
Thank you.
I think Antifreeze, Recurve, Scavenger and Fracture look decent enough. Guillotine and Boulevard would greatly benefit from a city forge pallet (city skyline sky box). Viking looks like quintessential Halo, No God Anywhere continues to be among the best forgers. Entombed looks pretty bad, they indeed went overboard with the textures. I actually liked the last iteration of Deadlock better than what we currently have, curious what Nokyard was thinking with the rusty/pristine thing. Basin looks like trash, it should probably be removed while Viking is present.

As for new maps Dispelled is pretty cool, CE vibes and not just from Timberlands. Estuary looks like it's out of Halo 2. I actually think Unearthed looks bad, but that's due to its unappealing setting rather than bad forging. Haven't seen Traffic Jam yet.
Red team sucks.

op_ivy

The bumpers on these controllers are so goddamn terrible man..

It's unacceptable. This is a premium product priced at a premium and yet the build quality of this particular component is poss poor, Worse than the standard pad. I'm angry.

This game has the stupidest player base I’ve ever seen.

That Wasp is killing everyone and is on fire, maybe I should shoot at it? Nah!
Let me just run pass our flag and not return it!
Let’s go for three points when we barely can hold two!
I’m bad at this game, so I’m just going to quit now!

Haha, nah. I've always been an absolute average Halo player. 1.0X K/D, Platinum ranked. It's my lot in life.

I have been wrecking kids in customs on W10, though, so at least I get some fleeting sense of superiority.

Your kd is better than mine!

Im just glad i got it before october. Gears 4 will take a good chunk up for me and i dont think ill play much of h5. And i know after my first 10 matches ill be put in plat again. Lol

so, after playing plenty of customs on H5:Forge:pC over the past week, I went back to trying to play team arena on my xbone / tv.

after going from my super low input lag g-sync gaming monitor to my never-gave-a-damn-or-researched 1080p tv... it felt like my thumbsticks were driving drunk [or connecting over dial-up, or something].

what do you guys game on?

looking for some recommendations for a 1080p display [tv or monitor] 32" or under, with super low input lag.

it's funny because i could never understand how people were good at sniping, and then i played H5:forge:pc and was melting people with... pretty much every gun.

honestly can't even go back to playing on my xbone until i find a new display to play on.

i'd use my g-sync monitor, but it's display port only :/

belushy

Banned
What are your opinions on the req weapons White Scar (Plasma caster with charged shot that creates a landmine for a few seconds.) and Voids Tear in Arena maps? I was messing around with Oddball settings and using the rig. Took off the other power weapons and added in the White Scar in the plasma caster spawn outside and the Voids tear in tower where Railgun usually spawns. If anyone wants to help test at a later day pm me your gt. On the PC forge app.

What are your opinions on the req weapons White Scar (Plasma caster with charged shot that creates a landmine for a few seconds.) and Voids Tear in Arena maps? I was messing around with Oddball settings and using the rig. Took off the other power weapons and added in the White Scar in the plasma caster spawn outside and the Voids tear in tower where Railgun usually spawns. If anyone wants to help test at a later day pm me your gt. On the PC forge app.

On map power weapons should be strong, however it depends on the req. Like replacing a sniper with Nornfang would be terrible since it's pretty much I win. But replacing a PC with a White Scar isn't that big of a deal.

Trup1aya

Man, I'm hoping they throw some gametypes in action sac that will help us get this commendations for before the mass exodus of holiday 2016.

That dodgeball gametype with the plasma grenades looks pretty cool grenade kills. And the pac man game would be cool for splatters/ground vehicle kills.

not going to, either. don't like arena. WZ Firefight is where it's at.

Screenshot-Original.png

Onyx

Grats man! I just hit diamond 2 today. I haven't been playing much, busy with senior design project.

This has been one of my better season on terms of my playing ability, I hope I can grind up to onyx soon, but that solo queue is rough.

Cranster

Banned
So a bit of a blast from the past both literally and figuratively and found my old bungie.net fileshare on google. Sure enough everything is still archived and I was able to download and upload perhaps the greatest rocket kill in Halo 3's multiplayer that I am still very proud of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQ6RAWjhN0

I remember just calculating in my head, the warthogs speed, it's reduction in speed when it turned another corner and fired when I felt it would more than likely hit them dead on. For all I knew they could have hit a crate or turned around to engage my teammates on the other warthog, But I made a guess and god damn it was the right one!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So a bit of a blast from the past both literally and figuratively and found my old bungie.net fileshare on google. Sure enough everything is still archived and I was able to download and upload perhaps the greatest rocket kill in Halo 3's multiplayer that I am still very proud of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQ6RAWjhN0

I remember just calculating in my head, the warthogs speed, it's reduction in speed when it turned another corner and fired when I felt it would more than likely hit them dead on. For all I knew they could have hit a crate or turned around to engage my teammates on the other warthog, But I made a guess and god damn it was the right one!

lol nice

Thoughts?

Trup1aya

Have y'all heard all the latest pro league e6/Stellur drama? I find it fascinating

1: the roster deadline ends, Stellur is officially on E6 halo roster, but has not yet signed a contract with the org

2: he's expecting 3k/mo salary, but is sent a contract that says his salary will be 2.5k

3: turns out that contract is sent 'in error" and he is presented with a 1.5k contract

4: he refuses to sign, says something mildly rude, and e6 attempts to drop him from the team

5: ESL won't let E6 drop Stellur because the roster deadline has passed. E6 tries to sub him out but E6 denies the request because there's no reason Stellur can't play for himself.

6: e6 player Cratos and E6 execs take to Twitter to sling mud at Stellur in an apparent attempt to get him to resign. Stellur doesn't budge, as this would make him ineligible to play until the middle of next season.

7: game day arrives and e6 + Stellur are matched against the new Optic Squad. E6 fails to report to game 1. So they forfeit. Stellur disconnects from game 2, and Cratos immediately tweets that Stellur quit match. The match continues and it's clear that no one on e6 is trying, except for Stellur. An embarrassing way to introduce the new optic squad.

8: Stellur reveals that he never quit the match, someone logged into his account forcing him to disconnect. He also revealed that e6 didn't allow him into the skype call, so he had no comms during the match- Adding more evidence that e6 intentionally threw the match. Cratos tweets out video footage of his entertainment system- the fact that only one Xbox was on camera was supposed to be proof that he wasn't being Stellurs account being accessed.

9: game day 2 arrives, Stellur is allowed into e6s comms. He heavily outperforms his entire squad, leading them to victory. E6 tweets crediting Cratos for the win despite a pretty poor showing. In the post game interview Cratos tells "the whole community" to "shut up" because no one knows the details behind the drama

10: Stellur reveals that IP address used to access his account all but points the home shared by two e6 players and e6s coach. He sent the data to ESL and some ruling has been made. I guess we'll find our tommorow.

Pretty crazy stuff going on here. I haven't really followed Esports prior to Halo 5. Is this type of nonsense common in the industry?

op_ivy

Have y'all heard all the latest pro league e6/Stellur drama? I find it fascinating

1: the roster deadline ends, Stellur is officially on E6 halo roster, but has not yet signed a contract with the org

2: he's expecting 3k/mo salary, but is sent a contract that says his salary will be 2.5k

3: turns out that contract is sent 'in error" and he is presented with a 1.5k contract

4: he refuses to sign, says something mildly rude, and e6 attempts to drop him from the team

5: ESL won't let E6 drop Stellur because the roster deadline has passed. E6 tries to sub him out but E6 denies the request because there's no reason Stellur can't play for himself.

6: e6 player Cratos and E6 execs take to Twitter to sling mud at Stellur in an apparent attempt to get him to resign. Stellur doesn't budge, as this would make him ineligible to play until the middle of next season.

7: game day arrives and e6 + Stellur are matched against the new Optic Squad. E6 fails to report to game 1. So they forfeit. Stellur disconnects from game 2, and Cratos immediately tweets that Stellur quit match. The match continues and it's clear that no one on e6 is trying, except for Stellur. An embarrassing way to introduce the new optic squad.

8: Stellur reveals that he never quit the match, someone logged into his account forcing him to disconnect. He also revealed that e6 didn't allow him into the skype call, so he had no comms during the match- Adding more evidence that e6 intentionally threw the match. Cratos tweets out video footage of his entertainment system- the fact that only one Xbox was on camera was supposed to be proof that he wasn't being Stellurs account being accessed.

9: game day 2 arrives, Stellur is allowed into e6s comms. He heavily outperforms his entire squad, leading them to victory. E6 tweets crediting Cratos for the win despite a pretty poor showing. In the post game interview Cratos tells "the whole community" to "shut up" because no one knows the details behind the drama

10: Stellur reveals that IP address used to access his account all but points the home shared by two e6 players and e6s coach. He sent the data to ESL and some ruling has been made. I guess we'll find our tommorow.

Pretty crazy stuff going on here. I haven't really followed Esports prior to Halo 5. Is this type of nonsense common in the industry?

Ha vent caught up since 10. Amazing stuff e6

Top Bottom