• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Grats man! I just hit diamond 2 today. I haven't been playing much, busy with senior design project.

This has been one of my better season on terms of my playing ability, I hope I can grind up to onyx soon, but that solo queue is rough.

Thanks! At first, it was a bumby ride because i was being matched with folks who were way higher than me. Then as time progressed, i started to get even matches and eventually got to onyx.

You got this! IF i can do it, anyone can! Right guys?

BizzyBum

Have y'all heard all the latest pro league e6/Stellur drama? I find it fascinating

1: the roster deadline ends, Stellur is officially on E6 halo roster, but has not yet signed a contract with the org

2: he's expecting 3k/mo salary, but is sent a contract that says his salary will be 2.5k

3: turns out that contract is sent 'in error" and he is presented with a 1.5k contract

4: he refuses to sign, says something mildly rude, and e6 attempts to drop him from the team

5: ESL won't let E6 drop Stellur because the roster deadline has passed. E6 tries to sub him out but E6 denies the request because there's no reason Stellur can't play for himself.

6: e6 player Cratos and E6 execs take to Twitter to sling mud at Stellur in an apparent attempt to get him to resign. Stellur doesn't budge, as this would make him ineligible to play until the middle of next season.

7: game day arrives and e6 + Stellur are matched against the new Optic Squad. E6 fails to report to game 1. So they forfeit. Stellur disconnects from game 2, and Cratos immediately tweets that Stellur quit match. The match continues and it's clear that no one on e6 is trying, except for Stellur. An embarrassing way to introduce the new optic squad.

8: Stellur reveals that he never quit the match, someone logged into his account forcing him to disconnect. He also revealed that e6 didn't allow him into the skype call, so he had no comms during the match- Adding more evidence that e6 intentionally threw the match. Cratos tweets out video footage of his entertainment system- the fact that only one Xbox was on camera was supposed to be proof that he wasn't being Stellurs account being accessed.

9: game day 2 arrives, Stellur is allowed into e6s comms. He heavily outperforms his entire squad, leading them to victory. E6 tweets crediting Cratos for the win despite a pretty poor showing. In the post game interview Cratos tells "the whole community" to "shut up" because no one knows the details behind the drama

10: Stellur reveals that IP address used to access his account all but points the home shared by two e6 players and e6s coach. He sent the data to ESL and some ruling has been made. I guess we'll find our tommorow.

Pretty crazy stuff going on here. I haven't really followed Esports prior to Halo 5. Is this type of nonsense common in the industry?

Damn, I wasn't aware of 8-10.

e6 and Cratos come off as incredibly shady. Straight up lying about the contract then wait until rosters are locked and give him the real contract which is half of what he thought he was getting. e6 probably thought since rosters were locked that stellur would just sign the deal without making a big fuss like suspector did but that didn't go according to plan.

It's clear both suspector and stellur are gone as soon as rosters are open again. After this whole debacle I'm not sure who would want to play for them or want to team with Cratos. Probably some open circuit kids who have no choice.

TCKaos

Modders fighting the good fight

p4GIRJ4.jpg

CsoOkKUUMAAx8KH.jpg

Kibbles

I noticed on H5 PC you can see custom map images. Is that not on Xbox? Just wondering because BTB doesn't seem to have them

TCKaos

I noticed on H5 PC you can see custom map images. Is that not on Xbox? Just wondering because BTB doesn't seem to have them

I don't think the matchmade variants have screenshots tied to them 'cause you see it in customs if you have the screenshot attached.

Ade

I know my comments about club activity stirred up somewhat of a hornets nest of "but I don't play ranked" that was never my intention, my point was to illustrate that we're moving slowly towards archilles, hence why I linked the two people who've never done anything, whom have now been kicked.

I've been continuing to browse and I found you another SR2
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/tidus9000

Theres also a few people who haven't seemingly played a match (arena or WZ) in a few months, but they're still more useful than the 3 people who never even played the game...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Have y'all heard all the latest pro league e6/Stellur drama? I find it fascinating

1: the roster deadline ends, Stellur is officially on E6 halo roster, but has not yet signed a contract with the org

2: he's expecting 3k/mo salary, but is sent a contract that says his salary will be 2.5k

3: turns out that contract is sent 'in error" and he is presented with a 1.5k contract

4: he refuses to sign, says something mildly rude, and e6 attempts to drop him from the team

5: ESL won't let E6 drop Stellur because the roster deadline has passed. E6 tries to sub him out but E6 denies the request because there's no reason Stellur can't play for himself.

6: e6 player Cratos and E6 execs take to Twitter to sling mud at Stellur in an apparent attempt to get him to resign. Stellur doesn't budge, as this would make him ineligible to play until the middle of next season.

7: game day arrives and e6 + Stellur are matched against the new Optic Squad. E6 fails to report to game 1. So they forfeit. Stellur disconnects from game 2, and Cratos immediately tweets that Stellur quit match. The match continues and it's clear that no one on e6 is trying, except for Stellur. An embarrassing way to introduce the new optic squad.

8: Stellur reveals that he never quit the match, someone logged into his account forcing him to disconnect. He also revealed that e6 didn't allow him into the skype call, so he had no comms during the match- Adding more evidence that e6 intentionally threw the match. Cratos tweets out video footage of his entertainment system- the fact that only one Xbox was on camera was supposed to be proof that he wasn't being Stellurs account being accessed.

9: game day 2 arrives, Stellur is allowed into e6s comms. He heavily outperforms his entire squad, leading them to victory. E6 tweets crediting Cratos for the win despite a pretty poor showing. In the post game interview Cratos tells "the whole community" to "shut up" because no one knows the details behind the drama

10: Stellur reveals that IP address used to access his account all but points the home shared by two e6 players and e6s coach. He sent the data to ESL and some ruling has been made. I guess we'll find our tommorow.

Pretty crazy stuff going on here. I haven't really followed Esports prior to Halo 5. Is this type of nonsense common in the industry?

Crazy. E6 are scum bags. Worst name, logo and player (Cratos).

I just came back to this game after not playing for months. Whoa, there are a lot of maps now, are some of these community made? And what the fuck is this pistol in BTB, it's awesome.

Karl2177

I know my comments about club activity stirred up somewhat of a hornets nest of "but I don't play ranked" that was never my intention, my point was to illustrate that we're moving slowly towards archilles, hence why I linked the two people who've never done anything, whom have now been kicked.

I've been continuing to browse and I found you another SR2
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/tidus9000

Theres also a few people who haven't seemingly played a match (arena or WZ) in a few months, but they're still more useful than the 3 people who never even played the game...
It's kinda crap that when we were going for the armor a few long standing members of HaloGAF got kicked because they hadn't played in a week. Now we have people in the company that haven't even unlocked their BR. smh

Destiny is fun. I'll stick to the PvE stuff tho for Rise of Iron...

Halo MP >>>> Destiny PvP.
Absolutely. Destiny PvE is great. Destiny PvP is a joke. Halo 5 remains undefeated in that regard.

But seriously, fuck Destiny PvP. lol at people wanting Bungie back for "real Halo." Destiny is the logical progression of what they were heading towards with Reach in terms of multiplayer.

Absolutely. Destiny PvE is great. Destiny PvP is a joke. Halo 5 remains undefeated in that regard.

But seriously, fuck Destiny PvP. lol at people wanting Bungie back for "real Halo." Destiny is the logical progression of what they were heading towards with Reach in terms of multiplayer.

I mean we laugh, but Destiny's "pro" scene will actually have viewership :(

Strider

If Halo 5 was the new cool IP on the block that was also mutliplat it would have the viewers too.

More than Destiny even

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Instead Halo is that old news that people moved on from (even if it's good)

belushy

Banned

I think its time for them to go back to LAN circuit system. I liked the pro league but with each update the servers are getting worse and worse. Now the NA pros are noticing it too.

Revisit Pro league in Halo 6 but on PC and better servers/ lobby features.

It's kinda crap that when we were going for the armor a few long standing members of HaloGAF got kicked because they hadn't played in a week. Now we have people in the company that haven't even unlocked their BR. smh
Who were these folks that got kicked for not playing for a week?

Welfare

Wow, fuck E6 and their team (sans Stellur). I hope the team gets banned and ESL can do something for Stellur.

Trup1aya

Wow, fuck E6 and their team (sans Stellur). I hope the team gets banned and ESL can do something for Stellur.

From the sound of things Stellur and Suspector are good friends, and Bubu Dubu offered to pay Stellur out of his own pocket to settle the contract dispute, so I really doubt they had any involvement in the sabotage. But Cratos and Showtime (the coach) were likely in on it (Stellur had previously logged into his account using Showtimes xbox's, so that's probably how they pulled it off)

Id be happy if the league took the league spot from Cratos and gave it to Stellur. He'd surely drop Cratos, showtime, and e6, find a better fourth, and a better org.

TCKaos

Yeah, so, I went ahead and compiled a spreadsheet of every single company member's Gamertag, Arena K/D, Arena Win Percentage, August Season Standing, Warzone K/D, Warzone Win Percentage and notes where applicable.

It's got all 97 current members. Of that, I've found that 32 players are either inactive entirely or have sporadic activity at best, including another SR2 that has never played (Tidus9000) and several players that have been inactive for two, three, four, five, six and even ten months.

So I'm willing to send that to Gringo so he can review them. I'm not incredibly confident in Halo Tracker's playtime tracking, so I'm not comfortable posting the tags publicly, but there are some that I verified haven't played since March or April, and even November or December.

Yeah, so, I went ahead and compiled a spreadsheet of every single company member's Gamertag, Arena K/D, Arena Win Percentage, August Season Standing, Warzone K/D, Warzone Win Percentage and notes where applicable.

It's got all 97 current members. Of that, I've found that 32 players are either inactive entirely or have sporadic activity at best, including another SR2 that has never played (Tidus9000) and several players that have been inactive for two, three, four, five, six and even ten months.

So I'm willing to send that to Gringo so he can review them. I'm not incredibly confident in Halo Tracker's playtime tracking, so I'm not comfortable posting the tags publicly, but there are some that I verified haven't played since March or April, and even November or December.

Yeah, the last purge I found like at least a dozen like that, just going through "by hand" on waypoint. Don't remember seeing Nov/Dec though.

LNBL

Requested to join company!
Finally able to play Halo 5 after a while again

Been playing non stop the last 3 days

Ade

Doing the Cheifs work there.

jem0208

Can you release that? I'd be curious to see how people rank.

There is nothing wrong without playing the game for a week or two. However, there are people that don't play it for months and throw in a game here and there to look active. Sorry, but those people need to go. If you want it then you need to at least contribute and stop leeching.

TCKaos

Can you release that? I'd be curious to see how people rank.

I will in time. I'd like to get some charts and shit ready to go, but make them functional so people don't flip shit because I can't use Excel and accidentally made a line graph.

I'll tell you we have way more bad people than I thought we did, and some of the good players eclipsed the rest in ways I wasn't ready for. We've got some fucking reach. Like, I think the K/Ds ranged from 0.15 and 0.3 to 2.0. I think Prinz Eugn, Nobleman Swerve and Ayy Scooby have the highest K/Ds, each at 2.0+. The same goes for win rates, with some people having win rates as low as 30% with some as high as 68%.

It's a spectrum.

NICE! What kind of notes? .... o_O

Here's a few:

-Mod of Company
-343i Employee
-Mom is a Classy Lady
-Hasn't played since 12/4/15
-Most Bannable Name 2017
-David Ellis
-Has played almost exclusively SWAT in September

Im shit, but I probably play a lot more than some.

I think

It looks worse than it probably is. Basically, if you're above 1.2 K/D or 55% win rate, that stat is highlighted in green. If your K/D is below 1.00 or your win rate is below 50% then it's highlighted in red. There are WAY more people with red highlights than green highlights.

Ade

I will in time. I'd like to get some charts and shit ready to go, but make them functional so people don't flip shit because I can't use Excel and accidentally made a line graph.

I'll tell you we have way more bad people than I thought we did, and some of the good players eclipsed the rest in ways I wasn't ready for. We've got some fucking reach. Like, I think the K/Ds ranged from 0.15 and 0.3 to 2.0. I think Prinz Eugn, Nobleman Swerve and Ayy Scooby have the highest K/Ds, each at 2.0+. The same goes for win rates, with some people having win rates as low as 30% with some as high as 68%.

It's a spectrum.

Im shit, but I probably play a lot more than some.

I think

It's a spectrum.

Combining Arena+Warzone K/Ds (aka the overall metric) is kind of useless. At the least, your super graphizing skills should include the deets on Warzone vs Arena and Unranked vs Ranked Arena to fully understand your spectrum so the stats aren't muddled. Example, Mark's K/D is high, but he only plays Warzone and social Arena (which is fine), but equating it with someone like Scooby who I'm sure plays tons of higher level ranked matches, sort of makes the stat comparison useless.

That said, people that somehow have a .3 (or jesus holy fuck a .15) overall can likely be assumed worse than people with 1.0+ k/d.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I should abandon my brothers company. I would place every month and would likely play more if I didn't solo. Got K/D of 1 and 49% win percentage.

Played a bunch of BTB games tonight, definitely got a number of ground vehicle kills and a bunch of other medals that should contribute to the SC's progress.

(Please don't kick me.)

Madness

Even Tashi got kicked. He hasn't joined another Spartan Company since. Someone should invite him back. Watch the rush before Achilles helmet as people try to join and ask for spots.

TCKaos

Combining Arena+Warzone K/Ds (aka the overall metric) is kind of useless. At the least, your super graphizing skills should include the deets on Warzone vs Arena and Unranked vs Ranked Arena to fully understand your spectrum so the stats aren't muddled. Example, Mark's K/D is high, but he only plays Warzone and social Arena (which is fine), but equating it with someone like Scooby who I'm sure plays tons of higher level ranked matches, sort of makes the stat comparison useless.

That said, people that somehow have a .3 (or jesus holy fuck a .15) overall can likely be assumed worse than people with 1.0+ k/d.

You can kind of see this in the win percentages and Arena standings, I think. There are a bunch of people with high as fuck Arena standings (highest being BradC00's Onyx 1969) that have low Arena K/Ds and win rates (1.15 and 49.3% respectively). There are also people, like Mark, with incredibly high K/Ds and win percentages that are unranked, or people with low K/Ds and high win rates.

From what I'm looking at for the most part the hyper competitive people who bothered to place in Arena and placed highly have middling K/Ds and win rates, probably since they're more consistently playing other highly skilled players, which would even out their K/Ds and win rates more so than people who exclusively play BTB and Warzone.

Ade

Even Tashi got kicked. He hasn't joined another Spartan Company since. Someone should invite him back. Watch the rush before Achilles helmet as people try to join and ask for spots.

I don't understand why he got kicked when so far I've highlighted 3 members who had never played the game.

Are there any requirements to joining then? Besides being active

Simply requesting to join and including an actual message did the trick for me.

Also, if people wanna get a group together this weekend, I'm down. I'm in Europe though, but I'll be free Saturday night and pretty flexible throughout Sunday, most likely.

TCKaos

I'm going to go ahead and redo the stats using them directly from Waypoint instead of Halo Tracker. I'll go ahead and get it done and have some charts up sometime tomorrow.

My plan was to make a Tier List, but I don't want to do that with shit information. I'm confident that the Halo Tracker data was right at some point once, but for whatever reason some of the stats are grossly off from spot checks using Waypoint's metrics.

Decided to finally put all my REQs in a spreadsheet. I'm still missing so much.

At this rate, I'd need to buy 86 Silver Packs and 179 Gold Packs to fill my collection.

All I want is the Halo 2 BR. :'(

Top Bottom