• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

mcrommert

Banned
We certainly won't be discussing "Halo 6" at RTX, nor would I ever "announce" our next big game with a BBQ tweet, but there's no need for your dreams to die. Just have some more manageable dreams.

Complete rebuild of Halo MCC with 4k support and patch for Halo 5 with 4k support

And Halo odst firefight and reach added to MCC

reasonable dreams

jelly

Halo MCC getting fixed and also Xbox One X support, whatever they do to Halo 5 with the X as well.

Fingers crossed.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
All I had to eat today are 2 things of string cheese.....why do you do this?

I haven't eaten anything all day, so I am only hurting myself. I will say that while Seattle is a cavalcade of world class Sushi and farm to table fancy restaurants, it's a BBQ desert. And the few places that do have decent BBQ are really far away or expensive. So when I go to Austin I go bananas.

My favorite town in Texas by far. But I have to admit to being surprised at how nice DT Fort Worth was. I also like the food sitch in Houston.

Now I'm mad hungry. Thanks Stinkles you moron.

wwm0nkey

I haven't eaten anything all day, so I am only hurting myself. I will say that while Seattle is a cavalcade of world class Sushi and farm to table fancy restaurants, it's a BBQ desert. And the few places that do have decent BBQ are really far away or expensive. So when I go to Austin I go bananas.

My favorite town in Texas by far. But I have to admit to being surprised at how nice DT Fort Worth was. I also like the food sitch in Houston.

I have a choice between going to Austin or Seattle this year to see some friends....both food options sound good :c (who cares about friends, it's all about the food)

FyreWulff

this is true. I was like where are my Omaha Steaks™ at while in Seattle last time

(we have to mail order them here in Omaha like anyone else, though... sigh)

We're required to put the ™ next to Omaha Steaks™ every time we say it here or we get exiled to Iowa

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

This was the pig pickin' on July 4th at my Mom's house in NC a couple years ago. I still weep at the lack of this deliciousness here in Seattle.

TRIGGER WARNING IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE LOOKING AT YUMMY PIG COOKING.

11703228_10102127223713978_7585393118988241959_o.jpg

Totally Halo related.

We certainly won't be discussing "Halo 6" at RTX, nor would I ever "announce" our next big game with a BBQ tweet, but there's no need for your dreams to die. Just have some more manageable dreams.
This was the pig pickin' on July 4th at my Mom's house in NC a couple years ago. I still weep at the lack of this deliciousness here in Seattle.

TRIGGER WARNING IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE LOOKING AT YUMMY PIG COOKING.

Totally Halo related.
You monsters.. What did Piglet have to do with this? He only wanted you guys to update The EverythingisHalo3 Collection to be fair for the other games. It's not his fault he dreams of a 4v4 CE playlist that includes Blood Gulch CTF with Hogs only. It's not his fault he wants to play something other than Halo 3 BTB and not have quitters if another game is chosen. It's not his fault he LUVS..

#SavePigletSaveHalo

Akai__

I am like 90% sure the official reason was nanomachines. Like super sure about that

That's because people made it the reason, because when Cortana said firmware updates and actually refered to the HUD, people mistook it and thought it was about the whole armor. Then, when Stinkles or anyone else actually clarified on here, it was way too late. Just like it always is.

NOKYARD

That's because people made it the reason, because when Cortana said firmware updates and actually refered to the HUD, people mistook it and thought it was about the whole armor. Then, when Stinkles or anyone else actually clarified on here, it was way too late. Just like it always is.

True. I mean we just now, FINALLY, received clarification on his fav BBQ town.

wwm0nkey

That's why I was confused then, damn you internet!

We do it all the time. We have Japanese, Canadian, Mexican, Colmbian, hella Euro, brits, Aussies, Kiwis and Irish. We won't allow a Belgian tho so don't try.

Typically we hire foreigners with development experience or game studio experience. We seldom hire foreigners with no relevant qualifications because it's very hard to deal with visas etc and one of the criteria is that it's difficult or impossible to replicate that person's experience with a US hire.

Aussies you say, remote employees or outsourcing I wonder...

Pork is generally gross and unhealthy so I stay away from it. If I'm eating BBQ it's usually beef brisket or chicken. The spicier the sauce, the better.

Fuchsdh

People also got confused and conflated because it was briefly mentioned in Halo Glasslands that the newest generation of MJOLNIR had nano machines.

For the record I've had a few minor and major glitches/crashes with MCC in the last fortnight but it's been working with solo searching, holy hell it's been fun too. I'd test Aussie party based MCC but none of my friends have MCC installed anymore, if I pester some of them we will see how party-MCC goes...fingers crossed as I've been finding BTB OBJ games even, prophets help/save my free time.

Also this happened in BTB, down 95 v 98 with 45 seconds to go, kill two, team score jump to 99 v 99 and I'm about to finish a no shields guy for the win...enter randy teammate warthog Leroy Jenkins. Worth a watch to the end.

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/835b4e68-bdee-4a56-862b-7d23a779a2a4

Fucking hilarious, just like I remember it™

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
People also got confused and conflated because it was briefly mentioned in Halo Glasslands that the newest generation of MJOLNIR had nano machines.

Doesn't help that a lot of folks automatically think nanomachines and nanotech are "magic" when in reality self healing nanomaterials are available now. let alone four hundred years hence.

Some of it is CSI effect (we're guilty of lazy jargon too) and some of it is folks just wanting a reason for changes that go beyond story and are tech limitations, staffing, vision etc etc.

There's no way to win arguments about subjectives so we all fight about objective stuff.

Also, a wizard did it.

wwm0nkey

Doesn't help that a lot of folks automatically think nanomachines and nanotech are "magic" when in reality self healing nanomaterials are available now. let alone four hundred years hence.

Some of it is CSI effect (we're guilty of lazy jargon too) and some of it is folks just wanting a reason for changes that go beyond story and are tech limitations, staffing, vision etc etc.

There's no way to win arguments about subjectives so we all fight about objective stuff.

Also, a wizard did it.

Fuckin knew it!

Also I really don't mind nanomachine stuff honestly, I do however mind MGS4 nanomachine stuff lol

Also, a wizard did it.

Doesn't matter to me how the change is justified, Chief's new armor design is A+ stuff. Really channels the walking tank feel a Spartan II should.

I do like Chief's armor more than the 2/3 version of Mk. IV, say for the pauldrons, I liked the old ones better. Most of 343's other armor designs are too busy and don't look they belong to a military. Mk. V is still the GOAT.

wwm0nkey

Personally more of a fan of the 2/3 design. I can live with the 4/5 design but I need that crotch plate dammit!

I am willing to bet we get a new design though since his visor is cracked, don't think they will keep that?

Personally more of a fan of the 2/3 design. I can live with the 4/5 design but I need that crotch plate dammit!

I am willing to bet we get a new design though since his visor is cracked, don't think they will keep that?

Well I mean, the UNSC is kinda cut off from itself. If anything, I expect the armor to get even more fucked up.

Toa Freak

Neo Member

Frank O'Connor officially referenced nano-machines in reference to the Chief's new armor here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjswoU39AOY

Jessica Shea also mentioned that the Chief's new armor was "Cortana special armor", and the Halo 4 Essential Visual Guide notes that Cortana based the Chief's new armor on an interation of Mk. IV.

So no, the firmware line was not the reason people think nanomachines were involved. There is direct evidence to support it.

Glasslands never mentions GEN2 have nanomachines. The Mk. VII used by Naomi has it, yes, but that's all.

Top Bottom