• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Sanjuro

Feel like my soul is gone. Not playing any noticeably different, but not getting any sort of breaks for the last couple days.

hMXd7AM.png

Combining Arena+Warzone K/Ds (aka the overall metric) is kind of useless. At the least, your super graphizing skills should include the deets on Warzone vs Arena and Unranked vs Ranked Arena to fully understand your spectrum so the stats aren't muddled. Example, Mark's K/D is high, but he only plays Warzone and social Arena (which is fine), but equating it with someone like Scooby who I'm sure plays tons of higher level ranked matches, sort of makes the stat comparison useless.

That said, people that somehow have a .3 (or jesus holy fuck a .15) overall can likely be assumed worse than people with 1.0+ k/d.

stay jelly

But seriously, I play with a party 90% of the time. That win %.

I did play some solo Warzone Assault for the company last night though, before Wolfenstein.

TCKaos

Just under half way through fixing the stats for the company (38/97ish) and so far there are still 15 players that I flagged for inactivity, most of them for sporadic play, which I classified as logging only few days this month or a small number of games recently overall, enough that I wouldn't deem them "active" per say. That's something like 40% of players I've logged so far. Again, it'll be up to Hyper/Gringo/Elzar/Ram et al to determine how to act on the data I'm finding and to confirm the veracity or severity of it, but it's just my criteria.

On that note, the actual metrics that I got before were pretty accurate save for the Warzone K/D, which was totally borked for some reason. At this point there has only been one two players with Warzone K/Ds below 1.2, and only one of those is actually negative (shoutout to Barlow lol)

wwm0nkey

Just under half way through fixing the stats for the company (38/97ish) and so far there are still 15 players that I flagged for inactivity, most of them for sporadic play, which I classified as logging only few days this month or a small number of games recently overall, enough that I wouldn't deem them "active" per say. That's something like 40% of players I've logged so far. Again, it'll be up to Hyper/Gringo/Elzar/Ram et al to determine how to act on the data I'm finding and to confirm the veracity or severity of it, but it's just my criteria.

On that note, the actual metrics that I got before were pretty accurate save for the Warzone K/D, which was totally borked for some reason. At this point there has only been one two players with Warzone K/Ds below 1.2, and only one of those is actually negative (shoutout to Barlow lol)
Fine I will play a boat load of rounds this week and next month, first exams just ended so I can actually do stuff

jem0208

Can you say who you've flagged?

I've not played much at all this month... But I will be able to play more soon.

wwm0nkey

Hey guys, new Nivida driver went up for Forza, this might also help the stutter issues in Halo 5 on PC though, anyone want to test it out?

Akai__

Placement matches are not important. What we need is people playing BTB and Warzone and getting into those Ground Vehicles. If only there was a Ghost Slayer playlist or something similiar in Action Sack. I'd play that for Vehicle Kills the whole day.

This is the first time that I see one assassination with the assault rifle!

giphy.gif

BTW That was FATstronaut and me he helped me last night with one amazing video that I'm making, I will post it here when it's done ;)

Trup1aya

Placement matches are not important. What we need is people playing BTB and Warzone and getting into those Ground Vehicles. If only there was a Ghost Slayer playlist or something similiar in Action Sack. I'd play that for Vehicle Kills the whole day.

Blew my ground vehicle load in Warzone assault. BTB it's always a fight with your teammates to get one.

i have been playing a lot more BTB that previously though. The map refresh has made it actually fun for me, even though it would be better with pistols.

Man everything I start trying to get some splatters and vehicle kills it always ends up the same. I hit somebody at full force and they lose their shields and they proceed to board me. Splatter physics is so all over the place at times and it's bull. Should be at certain speeds you dink somebody you should most of the time die.

Also make the banshee maneuvers a fucking cool down. Should not be a thing where the dude can get 10+ kills in one run with just spamming the button and making the banshee freak out and look like it's bugging out.

Have y'all heard all the latest pro league e6/Stellur drama? I find it fascinating

1: the roster deadline ends, Stellur is officially on E6 halo roster, but has not yet signed a contract with the org

2: he's expecting 3k/mo salary, but is sent a contract that says his salary will be 2.5k

3: turns out that contract is sent 'in error" and he is presented with a 1.5k contract

4: he refuses to sign, says something mildly rude, and e6 attempts to drop him from the team

5: ESL won't let E6 drop Stellur because the roster deadline has passed. E6 tries to sub him out but E6 denies the request because there's no reason Stellur can't play for himself.

6: e6 player Cratos and E6 execs take to Twitter to sling mud at Stellur in an apparent attempt to get him to resign. Stellur doesn't budge, as this would make him ineligible to play until the middle of next season.

7: game day arrives and e6 + Stellur are matched against the new Optic Squad. E6 fails to report to game 1. So they forfeit. Stellur disconnects from game 2, and Cratos immediately tweets that Stellur quit match. The match continues and it's clear that no one on e6 is trying, except for Stellur. An embarrassing way to introduce the new optic squad.

8: Stellur reveals that he never quit the match, someone logged into his account forcing him to disconnect. He also revealed that e6 didn't allow him into the skype call, so he had no comms during the match- Adding more evidence that e6 intentionally threw the match. Cratos tweets out video footage of his entertainment system- the fact that only one Xbox was on camera was supposed to be proof that he wasn't being Stellurs account being accessed.

9: game day 2 arrives, Stellur is allowed into e6s comms. He heavily outperforms his entire squad, leading them to victory. E6 tweets crediting Cratos for the win despite a pretty poor showing. In the post game interview Cratos tells "the whole community" to "shut up" because no one knows the details behind the drama

10: Stellur reveals that IP address used to access his account all but points the home shared by two e6 players and e6s coach. He sent the data to ESL and some ruling has been made. I guess we'll find our tommorow.

Pretty crazy stuff going on here. I haven't really followed Esports prior to Halo 5. Is this type of nonsense common in the industry?

This is extremely fucking bad even by other game scene's standard. Shit.

link1201

Man everything I start trying to get some splatters and vehicle kills it always ends up the same. I hit somebody at full force and they lose their shields and they proceed to board me. Splatter physics is so all over the place at times and it's bull. Should be at certain speeds you dink somebody you should most of the time die.

Also make the banshee maneuvers a fucking cool down. Should not be a thing where the dude can get 10+ kills in one run with just spamming the button and making the banshee freak out and look like it's bugging out.
Unless it's a teammate then all you have to do is look in their direction and they're dead. :/

Trup1aya

This is extremely fucking bad even by other game scene's standard. Shit.

It got worse. They fined the entire team 5% of their regular season earnings (even Stellur), and fined Cratos just an additional 5%.

If e6 ends the regular season in 1st place, Cratos will lose just $317. For reference, he's made over 130k in tournament winnings this year.

Akai__

Stopped playing, because all 4 of us (probably all 8) got kicked ~10 kills into the game 2 times. These servers are just so dissapointing, on top of the low tickrates and physical locations. If only we could get back to how the servers were in May...

Even pros are complaining about them recently.

Blew my ground vehicle load in Warzone assault. BTB it's always a fight with your teammates to get one.

i have been playing a lot more BTB that previously though. The map refresh has made it actually fun for me, even though it would be better with pistols.

Yeah, you have to get lucky in BTB, if you aren't playing in a group of 8 players. Warzone is probably easier, but I pretty much stopped playing it. Have like 3 games in the last 3 months (not counting Firefight). Will try to play more again, but I'm not forcing myself.

343i should just finally increase the Spartan Companies to 200 people. Maybe then we will have a real chance, until Halo 6 releases.

It got worse. They fined the entire team 5% of their regular season earnings (even Stellur), and fined Cratos just an additional 5%.

If e6 ends the regular season in 1st place, Cratos will lose just $317. For reference, he's made over 130k in tournament winnings this year.

Basically reconfirms my conception/knowledge that outside their core games (Dota, CS and maybe Starcraft), ESL are bunch of incompetent people.

EYEL1NER

I have to assume that I am one of the 15 flagged for low recent activity. ill step my game up and try to get back to playing a few matches every day. I had a pretty good time of my matches last night and actually had a bit of fun in BTB, so it won't feel like a chore.

Trup1aya

Stopped playing, because all 4 of us (probably all 8) got kicked ~10 kills into the game 2 times. These servers are just so dissapointing, on top of the low tickrates and physical locations. If only we could get back to how the servers were in May...

Even pros are complaining about them recently.

Yeah, you have to get lucky in BTB, if you aren't playing in a group of 8 players. Warzone is probably easier, but I pretty much stopped playing it. Have like 3 games in the last 3 months (not counting Firefight). Will try to play more again, but I'm not forcing myself.

343i should just finally increase the Spartan Companies to 200 people. Maybe then we will have a real chance, until Halo 6 releases.

It helps that I find WZA to be the more fun if the two. I don't play the objective so much as I true to kill as many people as I can... Which helps the team play the objective.

I've all but quit WZFF, it's still fun, but I need those tanks for company commendations!

Bigger SCs would be nice, but it seems like we have so much dead weight in ours that we'd have trouble filling it with 100 more useful people.

Trup1aya

How do we feel about outsiders helping with Achilles? Might be able to entice people to help us help them.

I'm fine with it!!!

I really want it. But I also want to lose myself in Gears and Forza Horizon 3... So id be down with anything that expidites the process (except farming) at this point

Strider

fuck that.

Either Halo gaf deserves it on their own or we dont get it... Any of us could've gone and gotten in one of those "Achilles hunt" companies at anytime if outside help was wanted.

Using outsiders feels like cheating to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uhhh..... /s?

Reddit's primary Company already got Achilles.

I just thought about it, and I never want to think about it again.

yo

fuck reddit

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world wide web. And you will be launching the largest Halo aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation and shame.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist, to look hot.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day by getting our Achilles helmet!

giphy.gif

anigif_original-grid-image-30433-1373811887-1.gif

independence-day-salute-o.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj16vfbsM9A

Yes we need tons of ground vehicle kills. But Spartan charges have silently dethroned ground vehicles as our "most behind" commendation.

RIP speed boost spartan charge

So yeah, how come the Halo Series general wikipedia page is soo outdated? in fact everything in general about Halo is outdated on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(series)

Read the page, it sounds like H5G is an upcoming game instead of a current one and Check under the Halo series dropbox, no entries for any of the current books or other media, its like wikipedia just stopped caring about this franchise.

I know it doesn't matter here on HaloGAF because Halopedia is god wiki, but it matters to the general public I.E. outside of this place.

if someone at 343 is looking at this page, think they can find out why Wikipedia just isn't giving a damn about Halo and maybe get their butts in gear into updating the pages and adding new entries?

Played a few rounds of WZA and got a nice amount of ground vehicle kills. Even sacrificed my only Ultra Ghost for our common cause! Too bad it was really hard for me to actually find games for some reason...

So yeah, how come the Halo Series general wikipedia page is soo outdated? in fact everything in general about Halo is outdated on Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(series)

Read the page, it sounds like H5G is an upcoming game instead of a current one and Check under the Halo series dropbox, no entries for any of the current books or other media, its like wikipedia just stopped caring about this franchise.

I know it doesn't matter here on HaloGAF because Halopedia is god wiki, but it matters to the general public I.E. outside of this place.

if someone at 343 is looking at this page, think they can find out why Wikipedia just isn't giving a damn about Halo and maybe get their butts in gear into updating the pages and adding new entries?

I thought anyone could edit Wikipedia pages? Maybe you could tip off a few Halopedia people to take care of it?

I thought anyone could edit Wikipedia pages? Maybe you could tip off a few Halopedia people to take care of it?

Not sure, but I don't want some rando doing it, which is why I'm not even telling Waypoint about this.

But if you know anyone at Halopedia that has got the time that would be great.

I think I'm gonna start playing again, this week or the next... I'd love to get back into the company, since I was there when we got the armor.

Mantis is sooo good now, just went on a 14 kill killing frenzy and I saw a bunch of players trying to hijack me from the front lol. I was doing so well a teammate brought out their own mantis to join in on the party :D

thanks 343 for getting rid of that "bug"

Love it when your REQs freeze and you have to stick with just pistol and assault rifle for the entire warzone/firefight match. I think I have to restart because this is my 4th match like this.

Trup1aya

fuck that.

Either Halo gaf deserves it on their own or we dont get it... Any of us could've gone and gotten in one of those "Achilles hunt" companies at anytime if outside help was wanted.

Using outsiders feels like cheating to me.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

HaloGAF is HaloGAF. Our accomplishments should solely be ours.

Ofcourse you are both absolutely right.

I would definately feel dirty if outsiders helped us get the helmet...

but we'd look clean that precious helmet!

All jokes aside, I wonder if we should organize some sort of push. Like have a weekly target for a certain type of kill. For example, this week everyone could aim to get 100 standard weapon kills.

We're never getting that helmet. Might as well let the dream die, like BTB Pistol starts.
And radar.
jk, #NoMotionTracker

Strider

Well I mean I didn't expect us to get it until 2017 so yea... As we inch closer we can start a #BringBackHalo5 movement that helps us get it then.

Then we can hope they allow the helmet to carry over to Halo 6 :p

Top Bottom