• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

BTB and warzone assault are probably the best for most commendations.

Don't forget action sack ground pound arena for spartan charges instead of ground pounds.

Breakout isn't bad for SC also.

rG5bQiF.gif

What's breakout

This one game mode that somebody put a lot of time into even though it wasn't very fitting for halo and was pushed too hard and now a dream that will fade into nothing.

Honestly it had its fun times but wow did they not listen to the people for a moment. It's not very competitive and can be lamed out super hard. It looked nice and that's about it. Something that should of stayed as a concept.

Strider

None of that rings any bells.

Guess it's not a real thing.

I for one have put in over 16 days in Halo 5 and have never heard of it soooo... You guys r crazy

Unfortunately they are always on my team :(
Yeah lol, BTB is terrible for Spartan Charges. I've found the most success in WZA, SWAT and Breakout.

Arena Breakout (RIP) + CE Pistol starts is a thing I'm going to test when the CGB goes live. I think there might be some potential there.

Sanjuro

I think REQ pack bonuses are borked. After every game, it's telling me I'm getting one or two packs, but there is nothing to open.

Karl2177

Some of these new/updated BTB maps need to have their spawns looked at. I'm spawning behind their two Strongholds on Scavenger and then when we get 2, they are spawning behind them. We aren't even pushing out for the 3rd Stronghold, they are spawning right beside our dudes.

Some of these new/updated BTB maps need to have their spawns looked at. I'm spawning behind their two Strongholds on Scavenger and then when we get 2, they are spawning behind them. We aren't even pushing out for the 3rd Stronghold, they are spawning right beside our dudes.

In BTB it matters more which 2 you have. Like, if you have Blue and Red on Scavenger, the spawn locations for the other team are to your left and right no matter which one you're at. However, if you have Blue + Junction, the open spawns are near OS / ribs and the entire Red corner.

Eg just got fucking robbed on strongholds. Should of been the same score or something better than this restart as they gotta get to 50. It's all about momentum with this game type. Remember when halogaf team goes pro and start getting stomped just somebody take a dive and dc.

BizzyBum

ESL rules are trash. OT rules for CTF and now how they handle these lagouts if someone drops of the match.

EG was gonna win that Strongholds game and were rolling and Huke lags out, they reset the map, and nV goes off and wins easily like 100-15. Doesn't matter if Huke was unintentional, EG should just win the game and go to Game 5. It's a total momentum killer and what's stopping other players seeing this and just intentionally pulling the plug in the future to reset a bad situation?

BizzyBum

I haven't picked any side here. But I'm also not accusing a team to drop out on purpose. Shit happens, if you play these online tournaments, with servers that got worse each month.

I'm not saying Huke did it on purpose, but the way the rules are now, what's stopping players in the future if they do do it on purprose? There's no penalty. They can just pull the plug if their team is in a bad spot and reset the situation.

It's lame and needs to change.

I haven't picked any side here. But I'm also not accusing a team to drop out on purpose. Shit happens, if you play these online tournaments, with servers that got worse each month.

And this so much...

Not that I think they did but the way try treat this almost gives incentive to do that. Strongholds works in such a way if one team is going off they will continue to do so.

It's hardly a "fair rule" a team needs to go from needing 14 points with two caps to 52 points with nothing.

Karl2177

In BTB it matters more which 2 you have. Like, if you have Blue and Red on Scavenger, the spawn locations for the other team are to your left and right no matter which one you're at. However, if you have Blue + Junction, the open spawns are near OS / ribs and the entire Red corner.

They had Red and Junction at one point and I was spawning right beside those plasma grenades. Then when we had Blue and Junction, they were spawning right in that SMG pipe right by Blue. My last match was on Basin Slayer, and who boy. Tons of frame drops on that game.

Akai__

I think both of you are understanding me wrong here. ESL has proven more than once that they have no clue what they are doing.

Do I think the rule is stupid? Yes, I do.
Do I think online tournaments suck, because you never know if somebody is cheating on purpose or if it's a real issue? Yes, I do.
Do I find the salt from the aftermath funny? Yes, I do.

They had Red and Junction at one point and I was spawning right beside those plasma grenades. Then when we had Blue and Junction, they were spawning right in that SMG pipe right by Blue. My last match was on Basin Slayer, and who boy. Tons of frame drops on that game.

Yeah, I mean bad spawns can happen, but depending on your teams' locations, it can trigger them too. Even in btb, there's only so many places to spawn.

belushy

Banned

And this so much...

Wonder if it is easier for them to add lan support into the PC version before Xbox One. If that happens they need to switch to PC asap, HCS I mean.

Wait, what's the complaint again? It was 100-7 wasn't it? They wouldn't have won under any replay rules Halo has ever had, not just the current one.

Other than removing the replay for lag-outs entirely, I don't see how EG would have won the game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Eg just got fucking robbed on strongholds. Should of been the same score or something better than this restart as they gotta get to 50. It's all about momentum with this game type. Remember when halogaf team goes pro and start getting stomped just somebody take a dive and dc.

seriously. they had that match. the set up and rotations. it was in the bag. that was a tough series to watch, as they should have won coli flag as well if not for some simple mistakes. very close series

Gold 2 baby! Averaged like 15 SC's per match, 10 matches total.

So let me ask you all this: Have you helped your Spartan Company today?

The best part is, with your shitty Gold rank, you'll likely get even more SCs each match now because you'll play even crappier people. Huzzah!

BizzyBum

Wait, what's the complaint again? It was 100-7 wasn't it? They wouldn't have won under any replay rules Halo has ever had, not just the current one.

Other than removing the replay for lag-outs entirely, I don't see how EG would have won the game.

I guess the major thing is the complete momentum killer it causes which is huge for strongholds. Yeah, EG shit the bed on the reset but they probably would have won if Huke didn't drop. Can't say that for certain, of course.

An automatic loss wouldn't make sense either because if someone lags out on a team winning like 90-10 it would be dumb if they lost.

Just have to deal with it when it comes to online.

Top Bottom