• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Karl2177

Depends on the mode and game pace. There are plenty of times I rack up deaths purposely to push forward objective based gameplay.

Even during a regular slayer game, if I can identify someone is playing out of their mind, I'm going to adjust my game play accordingly.
I play smart and don't die foolishly advancing the flag. #hottakes

i shoot enemies when i see them and thrust when someone shoots at me.

#ProStrats

I crouch in the corner with my AR.

Sanjuro

i shoot enemies when i see them and thrust when someone shoots at me.

#ProStrats

If you look at the bottom left of your screen you'll notice a radar. Follow the red dots for enemy location. Use the trigger button and unload on your enemy!

#GameProTips

psyfi

Banned
This is off topic, but does anyone here play Rainbow Six Siege? How's the community on XB1? I'm getting Forza Horizon 3 with my XB1S but I don't really want it, so I'm looking for something else to trade it for.

IHaveIce

Banned
playing the first time for a long time on the xbox Halo again and good god the aim is sooo slow.

And why are the Onyx players I play with not aware of weapon placements on the maps and timings

Welfare

The servers crapping out or something? First game and my shots were getting eaten and had my Rocket double reloaded. Still won but god damn.

And it looks like my match didn't count for my placement.

Trup1aya

Depends on the mode and game pace. There are plenty of times I rack up deaths purposely to push forward objective based gameplay.

Even during a regular slayer game, if I can identify someone is playing out of their mind, I'm going to adjust my game play accordingly.

I'm the same way, I'm the guy that'll take on 3 people in a stronghold if it means I can contest long enough for my team to come get the reset.

I'm also more valuable dead than alive, so there's that lol

What's your win/loss? It's the perfect statistic to see if your strategy is paying off!

I think that stat will be skewed to folks who play with TO4's though. Not only that but bad players might find themselves with a 50% win rate because they are usually playing other bad players.

wwm0nkey

The servers crapping out or something? First game and my shots were getting eaten and had my Rocket double reloaded. Still won but god damn.

And it looks like my match didn't count for my placement.

Something is up with the servers, people are having issues hosting on Halo 5 Forge right now too

Trup1aya

I just got an amazing server. The game feels so good when the net code is right. Can't remember the last time it felt like this.

Sanjuro

I'm the same way, I'm the guy that'll take on 3 people in a stronghold if it means I can contest long enough for my team to come get the reset.

I'm also more valuable dead than alive, so there's that lol

Strongholds is very much monkey see monkey do after watching people play.Most games all four players will load into one strong hold. Other games some will aimlessly run into a stronghold that is the closest and die quickly.

I had a game the other day where we had a massive lead and the team lost because they fell into patterns. With a healthy enough lead all you really need to do is hang back and maintain two points, killing the enemy as they rush.

People get into to poor reactionary tendencies. Most are as simple as "OHHH, medal!" from locking down one base.

Jesus Christ, HCS/ESL. It's just a bit unprofessional when your viewers miss matches because you haven't directed players to wait for the casters to catch up.

Optic playing at there best where they can pull shit off to put people on tilt. Hopefully they can continue to play like they have been in the past couple seasons. Shame LG lost after that destruction of a ctf game. Thought it would be enough to give them the momentum to win.

That's two games I've had to quit today because of a self-sabotager on our team... like a dude just killing us [his own team] relentlessly, then someone quits, he keeps it up, so I just fucking quit too.

This seems to happen semi-regularly now that I'm in Onyx tier... it's fucking weird.

Ninja somehow making that game one score appear close. Wtf were lunch and victory doing half the time though? Pretty rough.

Edit: And then lunchbox unaware and ninja getting rekt in game 2. Hard to watch.

Damn LoL good shit. Two wins in a row and a fucking 3-0 against EG.
Hopefully they can find someone to back them up now that they are playing so good. Sure it was just one week but it seems to be paying off quite well.

Should I get gears or cod4? I'm trash at gears but it seems like it'll be a solid game.

Hmm, hard to say, they are completely different for the most part. Judgment was trash, so that’s why I’m being so skeptical about GoW 4 and I’m waiting for reviews. On the other hand you are getting both IW and CoD 4, so it’s pretty much two games; this is a pretty good deal.

Trup1aya

Jesus Christ, HCS/ESL. It's just a bit unprofessional when your viewers miss matches because you haven't directed players to wait for the casters to catch up.

Lg beat TL so fast they couldn't show the game. What in the holy hell!

A technicality of the delay in the spectate feature.

They do have the option of bookmarking matches so that they can view the replays in theater. I'm not sure why they don't do this whenever a match is missed...

A technicality of the delay in the spectate feature.

They do have the option of bookmarking matches so that they can view the replays in theater. I'm not sure why they don't do this whenever a match is missed...

I understand why it happened. Which is why it's amazing that it happened at all. In any case, I already tweeted at Tashi and he assured me it won't happen again. Measures in place for later broadcasts and whatnot.

Good point with the bookmarks too. Perhaps that's the change that Tashi and co are making.

Trup1aya

I understand why it happened. Which is why it's amazing that it happened at all. In any case, I already tweeted at Tashi and he assured me it won't happen again. Measures in place for later broadcasts and whatnot.

Good point with the bookmarks too. Perhaps that's the change that Tashi and co are making.

I figured you already knew, I just wanted to bring up the bookmark subject.

I'm actually surprised that they hadn't been prepared for this... This isn't the first time they missed a game. Team Beyond and Ryanoob have been using this feature for a while to create content.

Good to hear that they've found a solution to the problem. I think I'm gonna check out the missing liquid/LG map when I get off of work.

psyfi

Banned
Just got my XB1S hooked up and am downloading Halo 5 now. :)

I don't have much time to play tonight, but expect invite spam from me soon. miss u nerds

Top Bottom