• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

psyfi

Banned
I'll just sit here with my hands on this keyboard, occasionally posting about a wonderful future of Halo without radar/OP motion tracker until that time comes.
And that time will [hopefully] be with the custom games browser.
hire juices funknown

So I was out partying/drinking the last 7 hours and now I'm realizing I still need to finish a placement this month lol. Hmmm... completionist ocd or sleep?

Mine still hasnt been revoked!

I'm so scared right now

Tighten that butthole. I hear they're revoking in waves.

Praying for you.

So I was out partying/drinking the last 7 hours and now I'm realizing I still need to finish a placement this month lol. Hmmm... completionist ocd or sleep?

Is it still two months a season? If so, was it Aug/Sep, or Sep/Oct? I've been gone a while.

Tighten that butthole. I hear they're revoking in waves.

Praying for you.

TWOQqNX.gif

You guys are high af. The new breakout is definitely and improvement. The 2 most brain dead improving the sandbox of h5 are currently 1. Btb pistol starts. And 2. Armor ability only radar. The only people that enjoy your radar gameplay are your testers 343.

I thought they said they were going back to 1 month seasons after the trial 2 month season?

They did, but the season is called "Fall" implying a 3 month season.

I my opinion the only people who can complain about the new breakout changes are those who actually played breakout.

The mode has been unanimously slammed since launch, at least they are trying something... I'll be giving it a bash tonight, I really like elimination/survivor modes.

Trup1aya

I've seen comebacks a lot in breakout. Shotgun causes those cases a lot less. Full shields will also cause less comebacks.all the setting they added unfortunately makes it to where comebacks are harder to do. So shotguns and full shields kinda do the inverse for comebacks. Overall making games less interesting.
Camping was always in breakout, radar isn't making it happen anymore or any less. Need radar or else new breakout would be stupid broken with shotguns. Sure you can use sound like most did in old breakout but that already created people crouching around, so radar hardly does anything at all.

You might be right about the smg but never seen myself get blind sighted by one as soon as I turn the corner compared to a shotgun.

Breakout now seems a little less skilled than original especially with a 1hk weapon, doesn't matter if it's limited cause you can pick up ammo. Flag caps are now stupid easy cause the caps are all pretty close and no danger at all if everybody is busy. Should of just kept old breakout really cause that allowed comebacks maps felt a little less claustrophobic cause now they feel like they were mostly made with shotguns in mind.

I think you have it completely backwards. A radar empowers people to sit in corners with a shot gun, and prey on people who move fast enough to appear on radar.

Without radar that strategy becomes much less viable. I don't understand how removing radar would break anything.

Snowballing is always a possibility in a game with no respawns. But with full shields a 1HK weapon is THE ONLY way someone could stand a chance in a 1v4 situation.

I bet if they removed radar, you'd feel the maps aren't as claustrophobic, because everyone could move without penalty.

You guys are high af. The new breakout is definitely and improvement. The 2 most brain dead improving the sandbox of h5 are currently 1. Btb pistol starts. And 2. Armor ability only radar. The only people that enjoy your radar gameplay are your testers 343.

They did, but the season is called "Fall" implying a 3 month season.

Facts

Akai__

Yeah, keep wasting those already limited ressources on a 100 player playlist. Great idea.

Just admit your defeat with Breakout and move on.

Velcoro

Either remove the shotgun or the radar. You can't have both. I swear me and Braxzy were the only people who even played the original Breakout religiously but I could be wrong. I know it gets a lot of hate but despite all its flaws it was still fun to play.

At the end of the day it's just not competitive in its current state. I can't imagine it being in the pro-league anytime soon and I guess that's what I want to see. They need to figure out how to improve it so it's competitive and balanced enough to be on HCS. That could be a lost cause though maybe we should just give up on it already.

I do appreciate 343 for trying to improve it with new ideas.

They won't remove the shotgun because it's the only way to clutch. You're not going to win a 2v4 or 1v3 if you don't have a OHK weapon. In the old breakout it was possible because of no shields, but you can't do that with this one.

Breakout is trash anyways so whatever. I hope all 20 people enjoy the playlist improvements!

Velcoro

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what will fix the gametype at this point.

BTB pistol starts is the real change we all want but will never get :(

They can keep the shotguns, but they need to get rid of radar if they do.

Or they could just say fuck it, go back to the old breakout and just keep the improved maps.

But they won't do either.

Ade

Don't mind nuBreakout.

Fucking quitters everywhere though. Multiple in every game.

Went through my 10 placement matches, Ended Silver 5 :(Won 6, Lost 3, DC'd 1)

Game 1: 3v3
Game 2: 4v2
Game 3: 4v4
Game 4: 3v2
Game 5: 4v4
Game 6: 4v4
Game 7: 4v2
Game 8: 4v3 (I got crashed to dash on load)
Game 9: 4v4
Game 10: 4v2

Either the servers are unstable as hell, or people are so used to the top of the list been TA and not Breakout and are queuing by accident, or everyone hates breakout.

jem0208

I actually quite like the new Breakout. Full shields and having to actually capture the flag makes the game so much faster.

I like the shotgun as well.

Radar needs to go though.

Fuchsdh

This is a good point, I think flag dashes are more of an 'issue' than camping.

I never actually liked playing the old Breakout... But I do think this is a better mode now. But I think I'm in the minority... Which is crazy because so few liked the old Breakout.

I liked both, although I think Arena Breakout was my favorite (and thus I'm happy nuBreakout is basically Arena Breakout on Breakout maps). Feels better to have damage be consistent; I think that matters a lot more versus player traits like faster speed movement and the like.

Either way someone's gotta' get the company those breakout commendations so quit your bitching and go back to playing the modes you already were. If you hated Breakout, this doesn't affect you at all.

Trup1aya

I liked both, although I think Arena Breakout was my favorite (and thus I'm happy nuBreakout is basically Arena Breakout on Breakout maps). Feels better to have damage be consistent; I think that matters a lot more versus player traits like faster speed movement and the like.

Either way someone's gotta' get the company those breakout commendations so quit your bitching and go back to playing the modes you already were. If you hated Breakout, this doesn't affect you at all.

Yeah to me it this feels like a better version of Arena Breakout. I just wish they didn't change their stance on radar and pushing flags.

Kinda prefer old breakout and maps. New maps do feel more close quarters and radar has nothing to do with that. New breakout is pretty easy and somewhat brain dead. Shotgun as a starting weapon makes it feel like a social game type. Comebacks are harder to do and not nearly as interesting. Games are a bit more agressive and less ties but that's due to the flag being so easy to capture.

Just feel like old breakout with full team felt so much more fun than new breakout.

timewyrm

If I buy this game and jump into multiplayer now, will I be at a disadvantage as people having been playing for almost a year already ?

psyfi

Banned
If I buy this game and jump into multiplayer now, will I be at a disadvantage as people having been playing for almost a year already ?
In the sense that people will be better at the game, yeah. But in Arena there's no loadouts or anything like that, just in Warzone. The game has a somewhat steep learning curve, so don't get too discouraged if you suck at first.

timewyrm

In the sense that people will be better at the game, yeah. But in Arena there's no loadouts or anything like that, just in Warzone. The game has a somewhat steep learning curve, so don't get too discouraged if you suck at first.

I suck at most games, so not too worried, just curious lol!

BizzyBum

Yeah, you're going to get steamrolled, but it's fun! I swear.

Quit one match. On that snow level. I said no thanks bye.

It's funny because they are aware of the issue but it's like nah, deal with 2 months of broken BTB
with no pistol starts
while we focus on trying to improve Breakout.

psyfi

Banned
Anyone want to play some Arena? I have no mic and I'm playing the game for the first time in months and I'm utter trash.
how's that for a sales pitch

BizzyBum

Anyone want to play some Arena? I have no mic and I'm playing the game for the first time in months and I'm utter trash.
how's that for a sales pitch

I'm 9 firefight wins away from the level 5 comm so I'm trying to grind those out now but I may be down for some arena tonight.

psyfi

Banned
I'm 9 firefight wins away from the level 5 comm so I'm trying to grind those out now but I may be down for some arena tonight.
Cool, I'll probably be on.

I just played a few matches of the new Breakout, and it's okay. I don't have any big objections to most of the changes, but pushing the flag to the enemy base rather than your own base was a lot better.

Top Bottom