• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

psyfi

Banned
What do yall recommend in term of stick sensitivity / acceleration / dead zone? There's way more options since last time I played.

Shit would much rather have double req points rather than exp. would like a choice because I know people want exp. should be arena only because that's the only way that should work, too many people on warzone because the payout is more.

Feel like that's the reason match ups are one sided cause I bet the majority is on warzone. 343 needs to put a reason for most to play arena/ranked more. If more people played you would (or should) have more people being closer to the same rank as you.

Also fuck smurfs, that is all.

BizzyBum

What do yall recommend in term of stick sensitivity / acceleration / dead zone? There's way more options since last time I played.

I run 3,2,0,0 but it's personal preference. I would leave dead zones at 0 unless your controller is messed up and your sticks drift. You can even press A on the sensitivity and set custom horizontal and vertical sensitivities now, too. Just practice and keep upping them until it gets too fast to aim, then go back.

Shit would much rather have double req points rather than exp. would like a choice because I know people want exp. should be arena only because that's the only way that should work, too many people on warzone because the payout is more.

I don't see why we can't have both, but I guess 343 too stingy and that would cut into req sales!

I don't see why we can't have both, but I guess 343 too stingy and that would cut into req sales!

Hardly see it with any game with microtransactions so should be happy they at least give us boost. Though would want ranked matches to be more or just as much as unranked games. Just up arena matches to usually to give 1100-1200 req points per game for team arena.

Yeah, Exwife has pretty high mmr. He also plays in groups a lot, which isn't a bad thing but that is naturally going to increase your mmr more since you are going to be winning more with a group. So when he solo, he's probably going to have a harder time finding games.

are you Champ or something?

have you tried turning matchmaking down to balanced or expanded?
I haven't even finished placements this season yet in any playlist (normally Onyx). Never had this trouble before.

I've tried all three different search preference settings and it just sits there searching until it times out. The unranked playlists work fine though, which is annoying.

Yeah, Exwife has pretty high mmr. He also plays in groups a lot, which isn't a bad thing but that is naturally going to increase your mmr more since you are going to be winning more with a group. So when he solo, he's probably going to have a harder time finding games.

But, dude, I can't even get FFA to match me. MMR shouldn't matter, especially since it doesn't stop me from getting matches in unranked lists.

EDIT: Fucking finally get a match in SWAT of all things. Took 5 minutes of searching :/
EDIT2: Won the game and got 3 spartan charges and a first strike for the company. You're all welcome.

I'm BACK! :D

vJDQBNS.jpg

Velcoro

It depends on the server and how well I am playing but I usually switch between 3,4 0,0 or 3,3.

I played on 4,3 before but noticed I was missing a lot of easy/crucial kills.

Nokyard's Avalanche remake is shaping up nicely! Surprised he was able to do that map justice. He differentiated sides, one being completely glacier while the other has some stone+glaciers, it looks really nice. Hope it ends up in MM
In 2017 with 343's handling of playlists.

I'm wood tier and have been mentioning for weeks now that MM seems fucked.

Yeah I've been also having problems finding games consistently. Dunno if it's a mm issue or just population issues.

I switched to 1.5 horizontal 4 vertical 3 accel and it feels great.

BizzyBum

I switched to 1.5 horizontal 4 vertical 3 accel and it feels great.

I saw a few pros using a similar setup during the HCS stream. Is this like some new secret control scheme that's awesome? I'm so used to mine that I'm hesitant to make any changes. Just looks weird reading it. lol

Nowise10

Breakout is so bad now. Played two matches and don't plan on ever playing it again.

And what's really bad is the first thing I noticed, is the intro still says to take the flag to the enemy base.

Breakout is so bad now. Played two matches and don't plan on ever playing it again.

And what's really bad is the first thing I noticed, is the intro still says to take the flag to the enemy base.

Yeah I played against a couple teams last night who were still trying to run it the old way. I guess that explains that lol.

Trup1aya

Just played more Of the refreshed breakout...

It's 1000x better than the original... Despite radar and flag pulling. If they fixed those two things I wouldn't mind the investment they put into it.

Given the reaction I've seen online, I was surprised to keep running into people who really enjoy it.

jem0208

Just played more Of the refreshed breakout...

It's 1000x better than the original... Despite radar and flag pulling. If they fixed those two things I wouldn't mind the investment they put into it.

Given the reaction I've seen online, I was surprised to keep running into people who really enjoy it.

Flag pulling is a definite improvement.

It forces players to push otherwise the other team might beat get a sneaky pull.

Nowise10

What's your biggest gripe with it?

Both matches I played everyone was just using Shotguns. The entire element of slowly pushing forward is gone, because everyone including me was just running around sliding with Shotguns like we were playing Destiny. It was so stupid.

If I haven't already been booted from the company feel free to do so. Dont know if and when I'll be back. So apparently I've missed a lot with the pro league. So Optic straight up dropped their previous halo squad and snatched up CLG? Lol. It's good that Maniac retired. Is envyus gonna be the new clg? Snipedown and huke were good pick ups imo.

psyfi

Banned
This game feels so damn good to come back to. Especially after playing nothing but Hearthstone for a month and a half, lol.

Top Bottom