• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

I hate mongoose sumo for the sole reason that everyone of my teammates is a nincompoop and my opponents have a modicum of intelligence.

Tank world is the reason why the quit ban shouldn't exist.

I wish they would add more or at least switch them out.

Tank World is just terrible.
Sorry, Funknown.

Ground Pound would be more fun if they got rid of the Beam Rifles.

Minotaurs is ok if you're a Spartan, but if you're a Mantis it's really boring.

Mantis Breakout is just kind of eh.

BizzyBum

Yeah, it's definitely time for an action sack refresher.

Particularly one that lets me kill mongooses with ease to get that last vehicle commendation.

I hate mongoose sumo for the sole reason that everyone of my teammates is a nincompoop and my opponents have a modicum of intelligence.

i feel the same about mongoose sumo tbh.

too much mongoose sumo is why i had to stop playing h5:forge customs on PC.

also, minotaurs is the worst thing about life as a human on planet earth - absolute worst.

Karl2177

Sorry, Funknown.

i feel the same about mongoose sumo tbh.

too much mongoose sumo is why i had to stop playing h5:forge customs on PC.

also, minotaurs is the worst thing about life as a human on planet earth - absolute worst.

To be fair, I only like Husky Raid, Paintball, and the faux-Grifball thing that's broken right now. I'd love a refresh of most of the playlists, but I don't see it happening at all.

I'm watching this FFA final and FFA is just straight trash in Halo 5. Radar being on is just the dumbest thing. It should be magnum starts (but I'd be fine if it were BR starts) with no other weapons and no radar. It's very disappointing that this is being played on these settings.

Did I just see that? He spawns with a second left, basically looking at a one shit player and pops him in the head a split second before time expires to win the FFA tourney.

I'd have to see a replay but that's what I recall... amazing.

BizzyBum

I'm watching this FFA final and FFA is just straight trash in Halo 5. Radar being on is just the dumbest thing. It should be magnum starts (but I'd be fine if it were BR starts) with no other weapons and no radar. It's very disappointing that this is being played on these settings.

I believe radar was always on for FFA. I remember watching some old Halo 3 FFA footage a couple days ago and that also had radar. This also had magnum starts.

I do agree about the power weapons, though.

I like radar but you are correct, radar and FFA don't mix.
Especially when you have splinter grenades (which is stupidly op), too many times you see radar splinter kills where someone will throw one at an opening as someone comes through, especially one shot players who are being chased.

I believe radar was always on for FFA. I remember watching some old Halo 3 FFA footage a couple days ago and that also had radar. This also had magnum starts.

I do agree about the power weapons, though.

H3 FFA might of had radar I didn't follow it much as I'm not the biggest fan of H3. But when I said magnum starts I meant nobody spawning with an AR as well. Bubu Dubu with that last second kill to win was awesome though.

FFA has always had radar. What are you nerds smoking?

In the old MLG days, after the FFAs on Midship whittled it down to the final 8 (I believe), they would turn off radar and go to carbine starts on Warlock and it would be 1v1 brackets instead of just FFAs for the finals.

FFA has always had radar. What are you nerds smoking?

In the old MLG days, after the FFAs on Midship whittled it down to the final 8 (I believe), they would turn off radar and go to carbine starts on Warlock and it would be 1v1 brackets instead of just FFAs for the finals.

Guess I've just only watched gameplay of the finals on YouTube then because I don't remember H2 having rada for FFA.I rarely messed with FFA prior to H5 as well. I just dislike radar in general though.

Sorry, Funknown.

Good to see the Bad Opinion Train™ is still in operation. choo chooo
I just dislike radar in general though.
I like you.

Trup1aya

So the controller customization settings are broken.

I got really frustrated today because my aim seemed to be all over the place. at first I thought it was me, but the I noticed that when I tried to pilot a ghost, occasionally it would take AGES for me to turn around.

So I started up a custom game to see if I could replicate it. I hopped in a ghost and immediately noticed that when I turn left, I could do a 360 in less than 1s. But when I turned right aim acceleration would never kick in. several seconds to do a 360spin.

I thought it was my controller at first. So I tried another- same issue.

Then, I reset my controller settings to default and the problem went away. Then I started changing things back to how I liked them in order to see which setting was the culprit. It appears to be the custom horizontal and vertical look sensitivity settings that caused the issue.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
You literally never accept a single invite. Complain more.

Edit: I'm not saying the lack of party matching is your fault. It's a problem. But so is being antisocial. Our btb/warzone lobbies always invite anyone in the company that's online to join us. Many of these people are playing the same playlists as us, but solo. Still, hardly anyone joins. Then the next day (or hour) there is a post about how bad said person finds solo queue. At a certain point, you begin to lose sympathy.

Next time I need to just join. I messaged Moose last night while you guys were in BTB and he straight up ignored me......he just forgot actually. No problem though. Next time.

Next time I need to just join. I messaged Moose last night while you guys were in BTB and he straight up ignored me......he just forgot actually. No problem though. Next time.

Yeah dude, just join the party and say 'sup. There's always a party chat going on when we play. Even people without mics can just drop a 'sup in the party text chat.

EDIT: Also, 3 months in the making:
sBcYDb5.jpg

Also, gun is OP as fuck

BizzyBum

Yeah dude, just join the party and say 'sup. There's always a party chat going on when we play. Even people without mics can just drop a 'sup in the party text chat.

Sorry I didn't accept the invite tonight, was just in the mood for some FFA after watching it all day. lol

Man I love Super Fiesta so much. The tempo is so much different compared to other modes. It's so fast paced and people actually move around the map.

That armor from the req pack doesn't show up. I guess it's not suppose to exist.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
No community update?

Tried watching the ffa tourney last night but found it super dull to watch. It was cool to see ams (? Or at least unknowns to me) play and outplay pros. Happy for bubu doodoo, as my 3 yo called him, though. Excited for 4v4 today.

BizzyBum

No community update?

Tried watching the ffa tourney last night but found it super dull to watch. It was cool to see ams (? Or at least unknowns to me) play and outplay pros. Happy for bubu doodoo, as my 3 yo called him, though. Excited for 4v4 today.

Barvo said no update this week cause of OC.

I loved that they streamed the FFA but it was on for a long ass time. 2pm to like midnight. They need to try and condense it somehow. I think they had around 250 entrants so naturally it would be long but for instance did they really need to take 20 minute breaks after every match?

BizzyBum

Played a lot early today. Maybe had 1 or 2 matches where someone did not quit.

What are the ban rules?

I feel like they need to be stricter on timing out players, at least for people who quit Arena matches after a certain point when the match starts.

Madness

What are the ban rules?

I feel like they need to be stricter on timing out players, at least for people who quit Arena matches after a certain point when the match starts.

Who knows. Has been a regular occurrence since launch. Whatever they had clearly never worked.

Who knows. Has been a regular occurrence since launch. Whatever they had clearly never worked.

Which is why they should reward the people that stay. I get quitters in every mode still, so their system doesn't work. What's even worse is Arena and WZ have different bans. So if you get ban in Arena, you can just simply go over to WZ and keep playing, that defeats the whole purpose of a ban system. People quitting in social modes that have JiP, I don't really care about. It's annoying, but I can deal with it. However, quitters in rank with no JiP is what annoys me.

First off, a rank game should never started without even number of people. I've had this happen to me a number of times, it's fucking dumb. The match should just automatically shut down. The same should happen if someone quits within the first few seconds of a match. However, they'll probably say some bullshit, like we don't want people abusing the system. That's fucking bullshit because people just dashboard on the loading screen anyways to avoid certain teams and maps. If someone quits later on in the match passed the acceptable time. You should be able to quit, you'll still get the loss, but there won't be a penalty. If you choose to stick it out and play the rest of the match you should get bonus req/xp.

My last BTB had eight people that quit. That enough for a whole new fucking team.

Well this event is a disaster. 33% less viewers than even the minimum pro league numbers for week 3, and that's during the Optic game, with people like Scump tweeting it out.

BizzyBum

Well this event is a disaster. 33% less viewers than even the minimum pro league numbers for week 3, and that's during the Optic game, with people like Scump tweeting it out.

Yeah, I'm surprised the viewership is so low. Sitting at around 3,500 right now. Maybe because it doesn't count for Pro League?

Also Wade is an abysmal caster who keeps talking over everyone. He needs to go. lol

Yeah, I'm surprised the viewership is so low. Sitting at around 3,500 right now. Maybe because it doesn't count for Pro League?

Also Wade is an abysmal caster who keeps talking over everyone. He needs to go. lol

Combination of it 1. not being on the Halo channel, why you would trade 10k++ viewers for 3k just so you can get follows/views on your channel + $400 in ads perplexes my mind. 2. 3/8 pro teams didn't attend. 3. historically west coast events have the lowest viewers/teams show up 4. amateurish production quality 5. pretty minuscule prize pool.

Combination of it 1. not being on the Halo channel, why you would trade 10k++ viewers for 3k just so you can get follows/views on your channel + $400 in ads perplexes my mind. 2. 3/8 pro teams didn't attend. 3. historically west coast events have the lowest viewers/teams show up 4. amateurish production quality 5. pretty minuscule prize pool.
Well, obviously, MLG couldn't have done it better.

/s

belushy

Banned
Yep, West Coast was a bad idea for these open events. Put one in Columbus and either Orlando or Raleigh and you'll get 128+ teams every time. (if the prize pool isn't shit lol)

BizzyBum

lethul was asked by strongside after the match why he thinks rammy wasn't picked up by any pro leagues and his answer basically came down to "pro team cliques"

Yikes, definitely not the answer any amateurs want to hear. lol

Sanjuro

On the MP side, Reach and 3 both play like trash. CE and 2 are still fun.

I don't know if it's just me, but the adjustment in the MCC, be it 60FPS or just formatting for higher resolution feels off in CE and 2.

I just want pixel perfect variants of both. :'(

Top Bottom