• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Lists

Numbered lists of numbers hurts my head

Strider

More Lists

Any BTB lobbies going?

Also who here is getting Gears again? I wouldn't mind having some folks to play Horde mode with. Pulled the trigger then preloaded the game today... Never played a Gears before so we'll see how it goes. Pc version apparently runs amazing tho so I'm looking forward to that.

More Lists

Any BTB lobbies going?

Also who here is getting Gears again? I wouldn't mind having some folks to play Horde mode with. Pulled the trigger then preloaded the game today... Never played a Gears before so we'll see how it goes. Pc version apparently runs amazing tho so I'm looking forward to that.

I've got Gears 4 ready. I've also got 6 weeks of Calculus left, so we'll see how much love it gets.

More Lists

Any BTB lobbies going?

I'm redboxing it on tuesday, deciding between cod4 and gears 4, maybe both.

Nowise10

I’ve played it 4 or 5 times now, easily the most fun Halo campaign for imo.

DISGUSTING.

Sanghelios missions are great though. But I don't know how you find missions where you walk around for 10 minutes going to button trigger to button trigger fun, along with 100% linear missions where you fight waves or Prometheans and Wardens as giving the best campaign gameplay out of all the Halo's

Reach is the best admit it

Fuchsdh

I'd say "Blue Team" is definitely up there with the all-time great Halo missions.

But I need to replay the campaign in a few months completely fresh. I've found my opinions take a while to settle.

Velcoro

Useless imo:
  • Plasma Rifle
  • Carbine (unless AR/Magnum starts)
  • Spiker
  • Needler
  • Magnum
And the AR was ineffective past 5 ft.

AR was garbage I agree. I guess I am strictly basing it off of MLG since I played that the most. BR battles were the pinnacle point of the game.

H5 is pretty damn balanced considering all the abilities and sprint.

More Lists

Any BTB lobbies going?

Picking up Gears tomorrow. Right now im trying to beat gears 3 so i can have some feels before 4 starts.

I cant wait!!

Strider

So I did do a couple more games of BTB last night and honestly even tho I reeeeaaaally still want pistol starts I'm kinda ok with the state of BTB right now.

That is besides the framerate issues which makes my head hurt... But once that's fixed...

Honestly it's more of the fact I'm just tired of the super schweaty arena solo queue nightmare.

Social playlists and/or solo queue playlist pleeeeeeeaaaaaase. It's not too late
They wont tho :(

Maybe in the next Halo game....

Sanjuro

I've been playing Gears for a few days now. Still absolutely dreadful at it.

Nothing has changed really. Most of the weapons don't do enough damage, so it becomes a rolling and charging shotgun battlefest.

jem0208

DISGUSTING.

Sanghelios missions are great though. But I don't know how you find missions where you walk around for 10 minutes going to button trigger to button trigger fun, along with 100% linear missions where you fight waves or Prometheans and Wardens as giving the best campaign gameplay out of all the Halo's

Reach is the best admit it
I don’t really care how linear the levels are or if all you’re doing is pressing buttons when it’s so much fun just killing aliens. The moment to moment gameplay is so much better in H5 than any of the previous games in the series.

There’s only two missions I thought weren’t that great which were the mission where you first encounter Exuberant Witness and drive around in the tank and the Blue Team mission in the Domain. Even those two aren’t bad though. There’s not a single point in H5’s campaign where I was bored (besides maybe subsequent play throughs of the Warden Fights but that was more frustrating than boring).

Then you’ve got the best sequence of levels in the series with Sanghelios through to Sunion and fantastic missions like Blue Team, the mission where you’re fighting through the canyon on Genesis and the final mission where you have to destroy the shield generators.

It’s infinitely better than Reach which I haven’t even bothered to play through more than a couple of times.

*plays Halo Reach after so long and sees the whole enemy team using vanilla armor lock*

spongebob-o.gif

*deletes*

343, update the fucking standard playlist already.

There's a reason I just play FFA any time I load it up. But yeah I wish TU slayer was standard at this point. Or! Or they could have brought back squad slayer. RIP best game mode

Akai__

Decided to play Custom Games with 7 German peeps... How is it possible, that we get a laggy server, if we are all in the same country? I got Lag Ninja'd while the guy was facing me from the front. It's not only that, though... For the 1st 30 minutes were not being able to start a Dedicated Sevrer, because of Attention Warnings. I counted 13 "Attention" warnings.

I'm done with this game, unless they do something about these servers. This shit is embarassing.

Fuchsdh

There's a reason I just play FFA any time I load it up. But yeah I wish TU slayer was standard at this point. Or! Or they could have brought back squad slayer. RIP best game mode

If we had 343 of today in 2011, we wouldn't have gotten the nasty vanilla/ZB/TU split. I understand why they felt they had to do it though; their first big action taking over the franchise trying to completely remake Bungie's last game would have gone over even less well than what they did.

Nothing has changed really. Most of the weapons don't do enough damage, so it becomes a rolling and charging shotgun battlefest.
Looks like someone hasn't been using the Enforcer or Hammerburst

Sanjuro

Looks like someone hasn't been using the Enforcer or Hammerburst

I still feel they are weak!

The Enforcer feels really good, but people can still roll out of the way and out of distance quickly. Hammerburst I can't tell yet if it's more powerful. Almost every game I've played I've been down a man or the game is skewed in one direction fast.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I enjoy campaign and horde in Gears, but competitive MP is poor compared to other shooters, especially Halo.

I carried your ass, man. :p

Shame that Gears always has those problems. Still a much better franchise debut than 343i with Halo 4.

Sanjuro

I carried your ass, man. :p

Shame that Gears always has those problems. Still a much better franchise debut than 343i with Halo 4.

This is true.

I wasn't even aware another developer made this new entry. The key to success in this life is to make a popular franchise, then have someone under Microsoft's wing take it over.

I'd say "Blue Team" is definitely up there with the all-time great Halo missions.

But I need to replay the campaign in a few months completely fresh. I've found my opinions take a while to settle.

Blue Team is great, Sanghelios missions are fun. The Breaking is the campaign's low point.

Top Bottom