• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Folks in Action Sack are salty lol

I79b2ib.png

Welfare

New community update https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-ween-handoff

As Josh alluded to earlier this week, the Halo 5 team is still hard at work on content that lies ahead. These include new Forge goodness, weapons, skins, assassinations, stances, and variants of varying varieties, as well as features, such as the ability to browse and join live custom games (on both Xbox and Windows 10 PC), more maps into Warzone Firefight, and more. I’d like to tell you more, but I am told more details will be coming over the next few weeks. In addition to new stuff we think you’ll like, teams are working on and prioritizing improvements to matchmaking, servers, melee registration, and more.

EYEL1NER

Man, I wish I had logged in yesterday and gotten the Greatest Hits pack; I don't know when I would ever be at a point where I had a spare 100,000 REQ points laying around. Figures too, the one day I go without reading HaloGAF. Wish MS or 343i had sent an email or something out about the anniversary.

Bulletin had some good info:

- Bravo promotion (congrats!)
- more Halo 5 content coming
- Halo Wars 2 Blitz beta in the New Year
- what the upcoming graphic novel stories are about
- the return of an old face (welcome back!)

What a perfect time to return to Halo 5
if Titanfall 2 didn't just come out :p I'll have to try for this week

JimiNutz

Banned
I've just started playing online and am thinking about tweaking the controller options.

I know these settings are a personal preference thing but I was just wondering what people were using.

I've seen it suggested that I set both dead zones to 0? What about aim acceleration and sensitivity? Does tweaking these settings make aiming harder but more precise? I don't know if I want to make aiming more difficult lol

Trup1aya

Lost a game of stronghold last night. Then got into an argument with my teammate, who insisted that that slays was more important that stronghold captures and defenses...

He ignored the objective the entire game, and designated himself the slayer, chasing kills all match.

Of course he was bottom of the list in slays, captures and defenses.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Man, I wish I had logged in yesterday and gotten the Greatest Hits pack; I don't know when I would ever be at a point where I had a spare 100,000 REQ points laying around. Figures too, the one day I go without reading HaloGAF. Wish MS or 343i had sent an email or something out about the anniversary.

Lol, same. Played some yesterday and I think the day before but missed Thursday. Feels bad

link1201

Bulletin had some good info:

- Bravo promotion (congrats!)
- more Halo 5 content coming
- Halo Wars 2 Blitz beta in the New Year
- what the upcoming graphic novel stories are about
- the return of an old face (welcome back!)

What a perfect time to return to Halo 5
if Titanfall 2 didn't just come out :p I'll have to try for this week
I look forward to all updated content no matter much. I've been really pleased with Halo 5s support. I hope we see more good forge maps in mp though.

Nutter

So when are we going to have a tourney without radar?

Watching these with this much crouching and ghost jumping is just sad.

EYEL1NER

Lol, same. Played some yesterday and I think the day before but missed Thursday. Feels bad
I guess I didn't really need an email from MS telling me about the REQ pack but I am still surprised that there was no "Guess what? Halo 5 is now 1 year old. Happy Birthday!!!" style marketing email, something to entice people who haven't played to take a second look at it and bring people who haven't played in a while to come back. Maybe it's because of Gears and Forza being big right now and Halo Wars 2 on the horizon, Halo 5 truly is dad?

I really hope 343i plays TitanFall 2 and takes notes. Very different games obviously, but from a simple control standpoint, it's night and day. TF2 feels so smooth and natural.... The sticks melt away. By comparison, Halo 5 is a battle. A fidgety reticule that requires getting used to every time you pick the game up after even a short hiatus.

ghost jumping? 343 has to fix ghost melees first

Yeeah tourney is better than the HCS ones

343 already got rid of ghost jumping in an update (as far as I remember). It's all about movement speed now not just are you crouched or not. Nutter losing the plot confirmed. #FireNutter

EDIT: Man, some of these AM players are #notbad

I really hope 343i plays TitanFall 2 and takes notes. Very different games obviously, but from a simple control standpoint, it's night and day. TF2 feels so smooth and natural.... The sticks melt away. By comparison, Halo 5 is a battle. A fidgety reticule that requires getting used to every time you pick the game up after even a short hiatus.

i don't know what it is, but when i play halo 5 forge customs on PC all my gamepad issues with halo 5 disappear and i'm hitting perfects left right and center...

i really, really, really wish i could figure out why that is, but i'm not fighting the gamepad at all...

IHaveIce

Banned
343 already got rid of ghost jumping in an update (as far as I remember). It's all about movement speed now not just are you crouched or not. Nutter losing the plot confirmed. #FireNutter

EDIT: Man, some of these AM players are #notbad

Seriously Most Wanted looks really good, though I long to see the NV team playing against them.

I love those kind of tourneys, wish the halo community would just be bigger and more teams would be there

Lost a game of stronghold last night. Then got into an argument with my teammate, who insisted that that slays was more important that stronghold captures and defenses...

He ignored the objective the entire game, and designated himself the slayer, chasing kills all match.

Of course he was bottom of the list in slays, captures and defenses.

these kind of people are stupid.

unfortunately they're highly common in any online fps with objective based modes mixed into team deathmatch modes.

my favorite [ie - least favorite] is CTF matches where people just refuse to focus on the flag.

like, i sprint cross map in a last ditch effort to stop an enemy cap, get the carrier and his mates one shot / absolute, and when i go to death cam think "luckily my teammates will be able to easily clean this up now", and they're all like waiting for power weapons to spawn or camping sneaky corners...

op_ivy

Eg...

I wanna cry but all I can do is shake my head and laugh. Wtf.

Strider

I pull out a Nornfang so a guy on my team calsl in a Ghost just so he can run over me and steal it... That's some next level bullshit man.

Then of course the thing flies across the map and he doesnt get it anyway...

Just... Why...

salty.gif

op_ivy

I pull out a Nornfang so a guy on my team calsl in a Ghost just so he can run over me and steal it... That's some next level bullshit man.

Then of course the thing flies across the map and he doesnt get it anyway...

Just... Why...

Halo my dude

Top Bottom