• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

My favorite part about this is that the medal is so fucked that you only got it through some weird glitch on a part of the map that you can't fall off of.

My only theory is still that the guy somehow fell through the map. Maybe because of network shenanigans?

Yeah, that game was all sorts of fucked. You can even see in that video where my reticule teleports for no apparent reason (it's not like when someone drops). Two other clips from the same game were a Marine driving Mongoose and Spawning outside the map.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The Tech Test was crushing for me, to the point where I didn't touch it during week two and promptly deleted it. I heard they improved a lot of the issues, YouTubers had videos showing the changes made the game feel more like R1, and the betas for CPD and B1 didn't interest me at all. So I gave the game a go, and I'm do glad I did. Best FPS I've played in years.

This is so accurate it hurts.

You may have just convinced me to give tf2 a shot. You know, when I'm done playing h5, horizon 3, and dirt rally... then I'll play my copy of doom and deus ex sitting on my hard drive. THEN tf2. Wonder how the population will fare a year + from now?

BizzyBum

I just got the second loot crate. I'm a little disappointed the req pack didn't have another emblem this time. I thought they were going to be different in each crate. Makes the first one less unique and rare if it's in every crate going forward.

The Tech Test was crushing for me, to the point where I didn't touch it during week two and promptly deleted it. I heard they improved a lot of the issues, YouTubers had videos showing the changes made the game feel more like R1, and the betas for CPD and B1 didn't interest me at all. So I gave the game a go, and I'm do glad I did. Best FPS I've played in years.

i don't notice a single difference in the game's flow between the tech test and the retail product.

as a huge R1 fan [~900 hours on PC], i'm probably not going to touch this game much further [campaign was killer though].

never played BF before, and enjoying BF1 a lot.

but H5 is still where i'm getting my kicks, real shame about R2.

Is the Haven remake a thing in competitive play? I haven't been keeping up, and I've never once gotten it in Arena.

also, is there any new content coming?

Trup1aya

Is the Haven remake a thing in competitive play? I haven't been keeping up, and I've never once gotten it in Arena.

also, is there any new content coming?

It's not in Arena. It came out without anytime to really be tested for competitive.

The fact that we don't have a HCS free objective list continues to irk me. so many Maps/gametypes that we don't get to play in MM because the pros don't like em...

Fuchsdh

It's not in Arena. It came out without anytime to really be tested for competitive.

The fact that we don't have a HCS free objective list continues to irk me. so many Maps/gametypes that we don't get to play in MM because the pros don't like em...

Yeah, that's the only issue I have playing Arena all day. I don't play enough to really work on multiple ranks in multiple playlists, but playing Arena means I either miss out on the new maps, or I decide to just play Slayer everyday.

Strider

Seriously... I'd kill for a social playlist that actually included all of the gametypes. Even throw in silly shit like Strongholds - Fathom or whatever I don't care. Variety would be a huge plus in a social list. (I know you're not necessarily asking for a social list but... yea)

My experience with Arena lately has been so terrible. Between the servers, matchmaking, lack of social, etc. it just all adds up to not being very fun anymore :( Last night was a horrible experience with people skipping around the map constantly, server freezes and so on...

Anyway I think I'll just stick to Warzone whenever I hop on H5 now. Unless they make improvements on the server front and actually add a 4v4 social list... Maybe server browser will be the answer for me... But generally speaking I enjoy the simplicity and quickness of matchmaking and have always preferred that over custom servers.

Trup1aya

Yeah, that's the only issue I have playing Arena all day. I don't play enough to really work on multiple ranks in multiple playlists, but playing Arena means I either miss out on the new maps, or I decide to just play Slayer everyday.

yeah, I also hate the reasoning that I often see for keeping these disparate playerbases locked together. It's self defeating

Not enough playlists to satisfy the fan base--> so the fan base shrinks --> so you use the shrinking fan base to justify not having enough playlists....

Tying Team Arena to HCS is fruitless for two reasons. 1)Most players in arena don't care about HCS. 2)Pro-Am players are too good to benefit from the playlists population size. Separating the two would give normal players a more varied and enjoyable objective playlist, and The Pro-Am scene would continue matching the same TO4s over and over again on the same 13 gametypes.

Seriously... I'd kill for a social playlist that actually included all of the gametypes. Even throw in silly shit like Strongholds - Fathom or whatever I don't care. Variety would be a huge plus in a social list. (I know you're not necessarily asking for a social list but... yea)

My experience with Arena lately has been so terrible. Between the servers, matchmaking, lack of social, etc. it just all adds up to not being very fun anymore :( Last night was a horrible experience with people skipping around the map constantly, server freezes and so on...

Anyway I think I'll just stick to Warzone whenever I hop on H5 now. Unless they make improvements on the server front and actually add a 4v4 social list... Maybe server browser will be the answer for me... But generally speaking I enjoy the simplicity and quickness of matchmaking and have always preferred that over custom servers.

I prefer ranked, but I'd settle for anything at this point.

I hate the slayer playlist because Molten and Overgrowth are terrible slayer maps. Molten makes me want to snap the disk in half (luckily I bought it digitally)

But Overgrowth strongholds, is pretty good. And while assault isn't competitively viable, it was good mindless fun. Same with Tyrant CTF. I'd like to speak on mercy Strongholds, but I can't because there's no way to play it in MM.

If they went social, they could even throw some oddball and richochet in there. And even some community 4v4 maps.

Playlist management has been a joke

Wow, just had to do spring cleaning on my power ups area because god damn if i'm not ever going to use 60x of each power up.

Got me 20,000 REQ points and I still have 10x of each power up. I should do this for power weapons I don't use too but that would take hours.

belushy

Banned
Rumor has it Team LoL (Ace, aPG, Eco, Heinz)'s new org is being announced soon (might be today?) Interested in who it is.

If I had to make a safe bet.... probably Cloud9

op_ivy

Rumor has it Team LoL (Ace, aPG, Eco, Heinz)'s new org is being announced soon (might be today?) Interested in who it is.

If I had to make a safe bet.... probably Cloud9

if its cloud9 i wonder who it'll be the week after?

If they went social, they could even throw some oddball and richochet in there. And even some community 4v4 maps.

Playlist management has been a joke
CGB please save us..
Wow, just had to do spring cleaning on my power ups area because god damn if i'm not ever going to use 60x of each power up.

Got me 20,000 REQ points and I still have 10x of each power up. I should do this for power weapons I don't use too but that would take hours.
In 343 UI We Trust

Wow you're suggesting cheating???

2122013112990.jpg

Fuchsdh

*Downloads*

*Has a field day*

1QRBEGR.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5kafZqj80o

And I started with 400 REQ points. You are soo based, thank you!!

Damn, you guys just don't sell things off when you get them :p

I haven't gotten all the REQs but I took a look and I don't have more than 10 of any power weapon, et al. Not much to be gained, although I would get rid of other weapons save for I still need to get the commendations for them.

Stupid binary rifles and incineration cannons.

Damn, you guys just don't sell things off when you get them :p

I haven't gotten all the REQs but I took a look and I don't have more than 10 of any power weapon, et al. Not much to be gained, although I would get rid of other weapons save for I still need to get the commendations for them.

Stupid binary rifles and incineration cannons.

I had this collection for a year now but didn't want to go through the stupid UI and didn't know about this extension until just today. I've gotten 15 gold packs today and the Halo 2 BR is mine, its a good day.

And I STILL have 10x of everything!

I had this collection for a year now but didn't want to go through the stupid UI and didn't know about this extension until just today. I've gotten 15 gold packs today and the Halo 2 BR is mine, its a good day.

And I STILL have 10x of everything!

I have 100's of some things because I'm lazy and haven't sold some off and there's no real reason for me to. I can't use things fast enough and selling some just amplifies the issue sometimes. I suppose I could grind for some XP boosts or something, but yeah...

Juan

I heard the Xbox One just got an update improving the deadzones from the controller (you need the last xbox One & controller update), perhaps removing the deadzones entirely.

Did someone updated his stuff and noticed a difference in the H5 aiming system?

op_ivy

Winter is coming. What's the significance of this line? Frankie used it in response to me in autogaf and I see the halo Facebook used the same line promoting the next season placements. A hint of the next content release? Halo reach related?

Welfare

An update for Christmas always made sense to me and hopefully is a sign we could get updates every 3 months.

Firefight was June.
Last one was September.
Next one in December.

If that holds true we could also get an update in March. Every 3 months would be fine if they are meaty.

FyreWulff

An update for Christmas always made sense to me and hopefully is a sign we could get updates every 3 months.

Firefight was June.
Last one was September.
Next one in December.

If that holds true we could also get an update in March. Every 3 months would be fine if they are meaty.

Likely, because they line up with Microsoft's financial quarters

(this isn't special insight or anything - but if you look up companies financial quarters, their releases will often align to the start of them for reasons)

Ade

Winter is coming. What's the significance of this line? Frankie used it in response to me in autogaf and I see the halo Facebook used the same line promoting the next season placements. A hint of the next content release? Halo reach related?

Winter Arena Season / FH3 DLC?

Karl2177

Tom French is hyped about the next Forge update. I smell crazy stuff happening.
Maybe it's also the smell of a "daed gaem".

Still better than "1th" in MCC or writing SMG under a picture of a BR and other funny combinations.
Press RT to fire machine gun. *holding a grenade*

Fuchsdh

I've only just started playing and am amazed at how long it's taking me to unlock shit...
I mainly play Arena Slayer. Should I just sell all my other cards that's aren't armor/helmets etc?

If you don't play Warzone, dump everything except for the XP and RP boosts, and then use those boosts.

Karl2177

LOL yeah. I wonder what the story was behind that. Probably porting over the wrong version of the game.
That's a hella old build of the game then. It would explain why it doesn't have the bullseye pack for the armor and weapon skins. My guess is that the UI prompt is tied to some internal table and the ID that the 360 uses for LT is RT on the Xbone. But yeah baffling.

Haruko

I was fixing to play last night, but decided to finish off the last three episodes of Bojack Horseman S3 and was pretty much ruined for the rest of the evening.

nillapuddin

*stops in the middle of the super market, 'do you feel it, an awakening'*

I see a strong source of mkv-idichlorians

ahhh yeahhh

Look at how cool that armor is. They didn't include the pouches on the waist with the Mk. V armor in H5 though ._.

They didnt include Mk V at all, boom

Why can't Mk. V in Halo 5 look like this? :'(

Because they actually tried to make this one look good, boom

Is there a clean wallpaper of this?

Not after Ive seen it, boom

Top Bottom