• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Trup1aya

these kind of people are stupid.

unfortunately they're highly common in any online fps with objective based modes mixed into team deathmatch modes.

my favorite [ie - least favorite] is CTF matches where people just refuse to focus on the flag.

like, i sprint cross map in a last ditch effort to stop an enemy cap, get the carrier and his mates one shot / absolute, and when i go to death cam think "luckily my teammates will be able to easily clean this up now", and they're all like waiting for power weapons to spawn or camping sneaky corners...

Man it's infuriating. But him having his mic on made it worse. I'm like, "we really need to prioritize capping pit", he's like "no man, we gotta get these slays, worry about pit when we get them 4 dead". I wanted to choke him.

It's like, if you want to treat everything like slayer, go play slayer.

Madness

Wtf. I didn't even see the community update. Crazy that they got Brian aka Ske7ch back for Halo. I saw his post yesterday but thought he was just checking in after logging in. Crazy. Great pickup for the Halo community again.

I pull out a Nornfang so a guy on my team calsl in a Ghost just so he can run over me and steal it... That's some next level bullshit man.

Then of course the thing flies across the map and he doesnt get it anyway...

Just... Why...

salty.gif

Think of it as an opportunity to practice dodging vehicle splatters.

BizzyBum

Infection is pretty fun with the new things added.

Next up, please refresh Action Sack to include Mongoose destructions easily besides "cheating" in Mongoose Sumo. lol

Also, ranks reset on Tuesday?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Did they end up losing to Pnda? Damn.

I'm having Victory X on the podcast Monday, can't wait to dig in hear his thoughts on the whole situation.

No, but they went to a game 5, which is a scary thing for an E.G. fan.

Can someone explain why req loadouts in war zone so often revert? For example, I hit level 4 and find an armory to call in a br with a bigger clip and the h2br. I die and respawn, this time with my extended clip br but the default ar instead of my 2nd gun. Why? Happens at least once every few games.

Akai__

Can someone explain why req loadouts in war zone so often revert? For example, I hit level 4 and find an armory to call in a br with a bigger clip and the h2br. I die and respawn, this time with my extended clip br but the default ar instead of my 2nd gun. Why? Happens at least once every few games.

I only have that happening to me whenever I pick up a weapon from a dead body. Been like this since launch. But maybe it's a new glitch?

Saw this on reddit. Some guy stayed in a BTB game where others quit.

No forfeit options a year later, when it's actually really needed for situations like this. I don't blame hin for not quitting, because he would get like a 16 minute ban, otherwise.

klaus

I pull out a Nornfang so a guy on my team calsl in a Ghost just so he can run over me and steal it... That's some next level bullshit man.

Then of course the thing flies across the map and he doesnt get it anyway...

Just... Why...

salty.gif

Two days ago a dude ran me over with his ghost ultra for no reason at all (was in wzff between 2 rounds). I respawn at the armory & see he's heading there. Well let's teach that dude a lesson, I say to myself and rush towards him. He gets off the ghost and I snag it - needless to say he runs after me, shooting & throwing grenades. After a quick spin I decide to give it back to him (lesson learned, right?). He mounts and immediately tries to run me over. Too bad he doesn't manage to kill me, as my subsequent grenade flips him over. I get in the ghost, splatter him & ride into the sunset. Felt good >:)

I only have that happening to me whenever I pick up a weapon from a dead body. Been like this since launch. But maybe it's a new glitch.
Yeah it happens when you replace a picked up weapon with a loadout weapon. I'm not sure whether it matters if the picked up weapon is loadout or not, but it happens every time when you pick up a non-loadout one. Shame they didn't fix that, makes me hesitate every time I see a weapon lying around..

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Trup1aya

This UGC tournament has been amazing! It's right up there with the xgames, and Na Regionals as far as Halo5 tournaments go.

UGC has really done a great job, and it's a shame they couldn't make this an HCS sanctioned open. No disrespect to Esports Arena, but THIS is how it should be done.

Very little downtime, omnicast, no radar allstar bracket, the caster matches, broadcasting side stations when possible. It's just been a really fun, well organized time. 343, ESL, take notes.

The Rig doesn't belong in competitive play, especially the slayer variant.

There have been some amazing matches in competitive play.

The meta has evolved a bunch since launch, so it's not as prone to becoming a standstill.

I think if radar was removed it would be a damn good map.

This is coming from someone who has hated on Rig slayer heavily since launch

i fucken LOVE the rig, especially on strongholds.

have loved it since day one, probably one of my fav maps of all time.

ever since my first day playing H5 MP, when it would show up in matchmaking i'd get those "it's christmas!" feelings on the inside.

mmmm, christmas.

JimiNutz

Banned
I've just started playing online and am thinking about tweaking the controller options.

I know these settings are a personal preference thing but I was just wondering what people were using.

I've seen it suggested that I set both dead zones to 0? What about aim acceleration and sensitivity? Does tweaking these settings make aiming harder but more precise? I don't know if I want to make aiming more difficult lol

I posted this last page and got no response... But I tried fucking with the settings myself.

I completely removed both deadzones and upped both sensitivity and aim acceleration to 5.

Noticed almost an instant improvement in my game and went from Bronze 4 to Silver 2 in two days in Slayer (also improved my KDA from 0.9 to 2.0)

However I've now noticed that when I'm in close quarters if I try to strafe and turn there is some kind of weird slowdown for my reticule - like it doesn't turn fast enough.

Is this a settings issue or an issue with my controller? It's a Day One controller so worried that it may he the problem?

Trup1aya

I posted this last page and got no response... But I tried fucking with the settings myself.

I completely removed both deadzones and upped both sensitivity and aim acceleration to 5.

Noticed almost an instant improvement in my game and went from Bronze 4 to Silver 2 in two days in Slayer (also improved my KDA from 0.9 to 2.0)

However I've now noticed that when I'm in close quarters if I try to strafe and turn there is some kind of weird slowdown for my reticule - like it doesn't turn fast enough.

Is this a settings issue or an issue with my controller? It's a Day One controller so worried that it may he the problem?

I think it's a bug that comes up if you tweak certain aim parameters. I had the same issue so I reverted my controls to default and started changing everything back one by one. The issue hasn't returned

JimiNutz

Banned
I think it's a bug that comes up if you tweak certain aim parameters. I had the same issue so I reverted my controls to default and started changing everything back one by one. The issue hasn't returned

Ah ok.
Out of interest what settings are you using? I really like the settings I've got at the moment other than that turn strafing thing when close.

IHaveIce

Banned
The Rig doesn't belong in competitive play, especially the slayer variant.

It sucks?
Great input.

This UGC tournament has been amazing! It's right up there with the xgames, and Na Regionals as far as Halo5 tournaments go.

UGC has really done a great job, and it's a shame they couldn't make this an HCS sanctioned open. No disrespect to Esports Arena, but THIS is how it should be done.

Very little downtime, omnicast, no radar allstar bracket, the caster matches, broadcasting side stations when possible. It's just been a really fun, well organized time. 343, ESL, take notes.

There have been some amazing matches in competitive play.

The meta has evolved a bunch since launch, so it's not as prone to becoming a standstill.

I think if radar was removed it would be a damn good map.

This is coming from someone who has hated on Rig slayer heavily since launch
Yep UGC was way more interesting than any pro league week or the HCS tourneys.

The omniview streams, montages for breaks and underdog teams beating proteams.

Wish there would have been more teams, that is how it should be everytime

Trup1aya

Ah ok.
Out of interest what settings are you using? I really like the settings I've got at the moment other than that turn strafing thing when close.

I think I've settled at 3 sense, 5 accel, 0 deadzones.

I had finetuned horizontal and vertical sense. But after a while I'd get these occasional moments where the game would refuse to turn horizontal...

I reverted back to default, then just stuck with the preset sensitivities.

EBLspartan

Neo Member
It's good to see that the actual problem is the controller setting when i (and many others like me) don't even know if the next time i will insert the disk i will be able to actually find a match...

And, before you say it, no: Expanded is not the solution. It's like asking me to choose a Japanese server on Titanfall 2.

The only difference is that TF2, choosing a 35ms server, in a playlist with only 32 players is able to build a match in less than a minute...

Sorry guys, but IMHO all the issues pass in second place when the problem becomes not being able to play (fairly) at all.

Just saying.

IIRC that's because of your outer dead zone. keep increasing that 1 by one until the issue is gone since outer dead zone is supposed to help with that "slow turn" issue you're seeing, whereas inner helps with drifting.

I have the same issues with my controllers, but I just gave up on caring anymore. I play Halo with a drifting reticle these days because there's always something wrong with these controllers, whether it's a joystick issue or these horrible bumpers. My current settings:

• 10 sensitivity for both horizontal and vertical.
  • Aim acceleration is currently a 2, but I'll probably change it to 5 again.
  • Outer and inner dead zones max.

JimiNutz

Banned
I think I've settled at 3 sense, 5 accel, 0 deadzones.

I had finetuned horizontal and vertical sense. But after a while I'd get these occasional moments where the game would refuse to turn horizontal...

I reverted back to default, then just stuck with the preset sensitivities.

IIRC that's because of your outer dead zone. keep increasing that 1 by one until the issue is gone since outer dead zone is supposed to help with that "slow turn" issue you're seeing, whereas inner helps with drifting.

I have the same issues with my controllers, but I just gave up on caring anymore. I play Halo with a drifting reticle these days because there's always something wrong with these controllers, whether it's a joystick issue or these horrible bumpers. My current settings:

• 10 sensitivity for both horizontal and vertical.
  • Aim acceleration is currently a 2, but I'll probably change it to 5 again.
  • Outer and inner dead zones max.

Thank you both for your help.
I've changed my settings to 5 for sensitivity and acceleration, 0 for inner deadzone and 10 for outer deadzone.

Definitely seems to have resolved the slow turn issue on my controller.

This is kind of off topic but, has anyone here played the Titanfall 2 campaign?. It's great and gave me vibes of "playing Halo CE for the first time"

It feels very different from CE, but it's of a similar quality. Everything just feels... good. There's an economy of storytelling and gameplay that makes it all come together quite neatly.

CE was more about using your general toolbox to solve combat puzzles and traipsing around big areas, whereas TF is more like a series of extremely well-honed setpieces.

Strider

This is kind of off topic but, has anyone here played the Titanfall 2 campaign?. It's great and gave me vibes of "playing Halo CE for the first time"

Just finished it...

My quote from the TF2 OT:

Just finished the campaign...

I think it's a little bit over hyped on Gaf but it definitely is very good and worth a play through for sure.

Given the hours I've played of mp (which has been amazing so far) and the quality of the SP TF2 will probably be my GOTY.

So yea... Really happy with how that game turned out

Fuchsdh

Huh. Don't really need another multiplayer game but I do like my single-player. Will be interested...

but probably won't get it because Blood Dragon is dropping this month and I still have a backlog of three other GwG titles I want to complete.

Did they change much from the technical test TF2?

Because the tech test sucked.

The Tech Test was crushing for me, to the point where I didn't touch it during week two and promptly deleted it. I heard they improved a lot of the issues, YouTubers had videos showing the changes made the game feel more like R1, and the betas for CPD and B1 didn't interest me at all. So I gave the game a go, and I'm do glad I did. Best FPS I've played in years.

This is so accurate it hurts.

Top Bottom