• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Sanjuro

Battle Creek, Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, Chill Out Damnation and Rat Race.

YjsPh3Y.gif

Figured I would come back out of the woodworks to post something I've been working on, the 15th anniversary of Halo and Xbox seemed like a good enough day.

Ysw48wr.jpg

CT from RvB, just need to set up a scene for her now.

BizzyBum

Is it a loadout weapon or is it just on the map?

Loadout is AR and CE pistol.

Not gonna lie, I kinda do wish it went even further and removed abilities and adjusted movement / jump height to match CE.

This is still fun, though. The only thing better would be if the playlist gave double XP.

Wyhngbq.png

And on this day, Halo's Birthday, I was gifted with the grandest of gifts by the gods themselves.

Thank you Stinkles, I shall wield it with honor.

Akai__

Figured I would come back out of the woodworks to post something I've been working on, the 15th anniversary of Halo and Xbox seemed like a good enough day.

Ysw48wr.jpg

CT from RvB, just need to set up a scene for her now.

Color is weird, but better than some designs 343i put out. *cough* Cyclops *cough*

Good job.

link1201

Loadout is AR and CE pistol.

Not gonna lie, I kinda do wish it went even further and removed abilities and adjusted movement / jump height to match CE.

This is still fun, though. The only thing better would be if the playlist gave double XP.
Ok, I'll definitely have to try it out.

Cool playlist. Disappointed with the radar, but so far it plays alright. Instead of the Brute Plasma Rifle, they should have went with the Blissful Slumber Storm Rifle variant that slows you down.

Immediate impression is that it feels good to have such a strong starting weapon. I think a 4sk Pistol could improve default Halo 5.

Fuchsdh

Forgotten how awesome that Damnation remake was since we play tested it with Nok. Great lighting, nice effects, and ramps with perfectly rounded curves instead of hard edges. It's a thing of beauty.

Probably the biggest difference in terms of gameplay for me isn't the AAs but the fact that fall damage is so much more mitigated. I fell from sniper to OS and survived, and without health packs that's no big issue.

Mix

Man, I miss this place. How've you guys been?

I figured I'd jump in and say something to Halo 5 and 343's credit, as well as the Halo franchise as a whole and of course the old Bungie guys.

Halo is an amazing series, and I'm sitting here watching the livestream while I think about all the good times I've had, not only with this game, but also so many of the old guard of HaloGAF, and even some of you newbies. I know that it's just a game, and just a series, but to me, it's something that's been a part of my life for 15 years now.

From HBO to HaloGAF to ReclaimerHub to BGE, my newest endeavor is actual game development at an actual game studio (Snowden Studios), I owe my life and career to this series and it's (ever so salty) community. So thanks, nerds.

Also, the throwback playlist is fucking awesome. Absolutely crazy. Hope y'all are enjoying it too!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
This stream is full of feels. Crazy 15 years of my life with this series.

Sanjuro

Still have my original Halo soundtrack as well. Remember I needed to special order from a local mom & pop shop because nobody would have gotten it around here.

Madness

Man, I miss this place. How've you guys been?

I figured I'd jump in and say something to Halo 5 and 343's credit, as well as the Halo franchise as a whole and of course the old Bungie guys.

Halo is an amazing series, and I'm sitting here watching the livestream while I think about all the good times I've had, not only with this game, but also so many of the old guard of HaloGAF, and even some of you newbies. I know that it's just a game, and just a series, but to me, it's something that's been a part of my life for 15 years now.

From HBO to HaloGAF to ReclaimerHub to BGE, my newest endeavor is actual game development at an actual game studio (Snowden Studios), I owe my life and career to this series and it's (ever so salty) community. So thanks, nerds.

Also, the throwback playlist is fucking awesome. Absolutely crazy. Hope y'all are enjoying it too!

s9bPVaK.gif

Top Bottom