• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Juan

If even Max Hoberman is up for this...

Please 343 Industries, let Certain Affinity make a whole new Halo game, they will not sure not disappoint you and the community, the multiplayer from Halo 2 Anniversary was fantastic!

I wanted to have my Making of Halo article done by the 15th anniversary, but it's becoming too big. According to Medium, I'm at 2,700 words and a 12-minute read. I'm only up to January 1st, 2000. I don't think I'm gonna make it.

See my response there.

Holy fuck, who the fuck at 343i thought that Unearthed had anything remotely resembling any redeeming qualities. This is possibly one of the worst BTB maps in any halo game. It's like Spire 2.0 and much worse than Spire ever dreamed of being. Seriously, everything about this map is just dumb, from the spawns, to the layout, to the weapon placements, to the vehicles, just...everything sucks.

/rant

seriously though, fuck this abortion of a map.

Frank "Stinkles" you are simply the best congratulations for the first 15th years of Halo, since the day the franchise was born I had been there and I will always be, it was very good to see you again my dear friend can't wait to see you again you know that you are always welcomed here ¡hasta pronto!

23q6Mbr.jpg

I usually blame the players connection in situations like that, everyone else seems to be fine, there is no rubber banding etc.
I assume they have a upload issues or something
It was literally everyone in the game and it was happening to all of us. Our nades are delayed, players and vehicles teleport, our shields recharge and get damaged in uneven spurts, and the aiming was garbage. Hope 343 got some decent "telemetry" out of that waste of our time.

FyreWulff

If even Max Hoberman is up for this...

Please 343 Industries, let Certain Affinity make a whole new Halo game, they will not sure not disappoint you and the community, the multiplayer from Halo 2 Anniversary was fantastic!

See my response there.

For what it's worth, Dominion in Halo 4 was entirely CA. So unsurprisingly it tends to be if a map supports Dominion in Halo 4, it's a map CA made (most of the time)

I really liked that mode.

Oozer3993

I'm also writing stuff on Medium, mine are more about design (User experience & cie), and I'm actually working on a ux design starter guide for Hololens and mixed reality. Since I have started, it has been like 4000 words, so, I decided to split it into multiple parts (4 parts to be precise). And you know what, it has been way more easier for people to read it, since they were not afraid to just lost their way into a one big article and they could just start it one day and read the second part later (6 to 8 minutes reading is what I learned perform the most at keeping the user's attention).

You should probably do the same. It also helps maintaining high motivation for yourself since you can see people reading what you first started to write and adjust thing if it's not clear for the next part.

Share big things as soon as possible to get feedback and don't be afraid to split it into multiple parts to make it more accessible. :)

Just some advices as I would be very happy to read the thing you're writing.

That is a damn fine idea! I PM'ed you a link to the rough draft of part one, if you get a chance. If anyone else wants to provide feedback as well, let me know and I'll PM you the link.

the malus

Neo Member
Waypoint said:
HALO 5 “ANNIVERSARY THROWBACK” PLAYLIST
Battle on some of your favorite Halo: Combat Evolved maps re-imagined in Halo 5 thanks to Forge and a number of super talented community builders! I’ve seen Uny working on these maps and they look fantastic. I also know there’s excitement building externally and I want to manage your expectations by clarifying that this is Halo 5 gameplay on sweet Forge re-creations of classic maps with the Halo: CE pistol as the starting weapon.

What the hell 343? Why would you make a "Classic" playlist when you then just use the default settings? I don't see anything classic about this.

the malus

Neo Member
Out of curiosity what should they've done?

I was hoping for a playlist without abilities and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Not that I don't like the abilities, but if they are going to call it a "classic" playlist I expected it to be more similar to the halos of old.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
isnt that what mcc is for? if anything i wish it was the default halo 5 sandbox on remake maps

I was hoping the classic playlist was going to be like the anniversary playlist in Halo Reach. The closest we can get to CE with the H5 engine.

Oh well though, should still be fun.

Madness

Eh some people probably wanted CE pistol starts with no radar and no spartan abilities, and we get to watch that playlist burn in a vaccum.

Yeah you're right. People would have probably complained about the lack of playlists that have sprint, armor abilities, ground pound, spartan charge etc.

Eh some people probably wanted CE pistol starts with no radar and no spartan abilities, and we get to watch that playlist burn in a vaccum.
Am I being naive in thinking 343 might not include radar? I really hope they don't..

I can understand keeping the abilities because thrusters would help balance the hitscan H5 CE Pistol, but it would be unfortunate if the playlist has radar for CE gametypes. Which reminds me, there's no mention of Halo 2 in that blip, so will this be CE only?

Am I being naive in thinking 343 might not include radar? I really hope they don't..

I can understand keeping the abilities because thrusters would help balance the hitscan H5 CE Pistol, but it would be unfortunate if the playlist has radar for CE gametypes. Which reminds me, there's no mention of Halo 2 in that blip, so will this be CE only?

This is CE's 15 year anniversary not Halo 2's.

It's a great feeling when you melee an unshielded Sword enemy only for them to survive and you die. And it's especially wonderful how you can now drop rank divisions despite this game's lack of party matching.

What wonderful design :]

Hugstable

Banned
Was checking out my Microsoft Rewards thingy today and saw they had Halo 5 Gold Req Packs for 45-50 Reward Points each.

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/000400000041

Is it just me or does that seem kinda mispriced considering how much else everything else is in points? It's like 4500 points just for a 5$ digital code, and these packs are usually 2.99$ and only cost 45-50 points? I don't know if there's a catch or not, but I'm probably gonna get a crap ton as I don't know what else to spend my points on and I love halo 5 multi haha.

Karl2177

Was checking out my Microsoft Rewards thingy today and saw they had Halo 5 Gold Req Packs for 45-50 Reward Points each.

Is it just me or does that seem kinda mispriced considering how much else everything else is in points? It's like 4500 points just for a 5$ digital code, and these packs are usually 2.99$ and only cost 45-50 points? I don't know if there's a catch or not, but I'm probably gonna get a crap ton as I don't know what else to spend my points on and I love halo 5 multi haha.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've been waiting on the confirmation email for a while, so I'm not sure if it's sending them or not.

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks for pointing this out. I've been waiting on the confirmation email for a while, so I'm not sure if it's sending them or not.

Just ordered like 8 of them so I hope they do go through eventually lol. Point value seems really off though so I don't know if they'd honor it or not

Appreciate the heads up. Gonna sit on them for the next REQ update, if and when that happens.

Cranster

Banned
So is there ny word that you get content or something by watching the live stream? Because I'll be stuck pre-closing at work so I'll be missing out on the live stream unfortunately.

Trup1aya

You are a god amongst men. I forgot about my rewards... I've got enough poubts for several hundred packs

NICE - i just purchased about 10 with my points haha. glad i was level 2 and had it discounted to 45 points per gold pack.

Top Bottom