• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

FyreWulff

To be fair, CEA was Halo CE's 10 year Anniversary, but yet one of the maps was a PC map and another was a Halo 2 map. That being said, I think this is more of a franchise as a whole being 15 years old.

I did think it was kind of funny they "burned" Headlong's remake ticket on a Halo 1-centric pack.. also the fact they revealed that Terminal was almost remade for that pack but cancelled, I was like DAMNIT

There's always been the good modders and the jerk modders. Jerk modders would have gained more support for modding if they had just used their abilities to host modded customs lobbies and the good modders would have had a bigger playerbase to release content to

If even Max Hoberman is up for this...

Please 343 Industries, let Certain Affinity make a whole new Halo game, they will not sure not disappoint you and the community, the multiplayer from Halo 2 Anniversary was fantastic!

See my response there.

I love Max but man, Halo MCC was a fucking mess. I dunno what theyve "actually" worked on on that game but i dunno if its wise to let another external studio make a halo game right now. Next halo games need to be flawless.

Also, im trying not to get too excited to the stream today but i cant help myself. Expectations rising.

Do you need to verify with the phone every time you redeem something, or is it a one time thing? If the former I might be able to ask for my sister's help.

FyreWulff

I love Max but man, Halo MCC was a fucking mess. I dunno what theyve "actually" worked on on that game but i dunno if its wise to let another external studio make a halo game right now. Next halo games need to be flawless.

Also, im trying not to get too excited to the stream today but i cant help myself. Expectations rising.

IIRC they did H2A MP and Forge.

Off the top of my head, their Halo resume so far is

Halo 2: Tombstone and Desolation
Halo Reach: Defiant Map Pack and Anniversary Map Pack
4: the shipping Forge maps, Dominion and various maps on disk and DLC
MCC: H2A MP and Forge

Was checking out my Microsoft Rewards thingy today and saw they had Halo 5 Gold Req Packs for 45-50 Reward Points each.

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/000400000041

Is it just me or does that seem kinda mispriced considering how much else everything else is in points? It's like 4500 points just for a 5$ digital code, and these packs are usually 2.99$ and only cost 45-50 points? I don't know if there's a catch or not, but I'm probably gonna get a crap ton as I don't know what else to spend my points on and I love halo 5 multi haha.

I have no idea what Microsoft Reward points are but I apparently have a couple thousand, so don't mind if I do..

wwm0nkey

Arby's FB guy better be getting paid

ZUcmV8V.png

Nowise10

Was checking out my Microsoft Rewards thingy today and saw they had Halo 5 Gold Req Packs for 45-50 Reward Points each.

Is it just me or does that seem kinda mispriced considering how much else everything else is in points? It's like 4500 points just for a 5$ digital code, and these packs are usually 2.99$ and only cost 45-50 points? I don't know if there's a catch or not, but I'm probably gonna get a crap ton as I don't know what else to spend my points on and I love halo 5 multi haha.

Clicked the link and it says my Microsoft rewards account is suspended lmao. I can't remember ever using MS Rewards, or as to why they would ever need to suspend me.

Fuck, I tried to order them from that link and it doesn't work anymore.

BizzyBum

Login and get a free 15th Anniversary Pack up until the 22nd.

If you already have everything unlocked it won't give you anything new, though.

Akai__

Sounds like the stream won't have anything regarding a new CU:

• The Halo 5 15th Anniversary REQ Pack
  • Halo Museum Tour with Frank O’Connor, Joe Staten & Corrinne Robinson
  • Halo Wars 2 Blitz Mode interview with Dan Ayoub & Max Szlagor
  • The Halo 5 “Anniversary Throwback Playlist” with Uny
  • 343 vs. the Community CTF match on a Forge remake of Battlecreek
  • Unboxing the newest Loot Crate statue with James Monosmith
  • HCS Las Vegas preview with Tashi & Strongside

And since this is once again at stupid o'clock, I'll rather go to bed and catch important stuff tomorrow.

Do you need to verify with the phone every time you redeem something, or is it a one time thing? If the former I might be able to ask for my sister's help.

It's random. Basically when you go heavy with activity like redeeming, they want to make sure no funny stuff is happening. If you never use Microsoft Rewards, this will probably be the only time it'll be an issue.

And since this is once again at stupid o'clock, I'll rather go to bed and catch important stuff tomorrow.

Only reason i was gonna tune in was mostly for the CU. Ah well.

successfully solo-grinded [solo-ground?] my way back to Onyx in team arena [from low Plat placement] again this season.

plz to never reset ranks again, k Frankie?

thnx Frankie.

Vico

Well, we're getting closed from a new update, they've been teasing it for weeks, so I'd say we might get a tease at the end of the stream, just like we usually had all year. However, maybe teasing's useless since multiple REQs have already leaked through the game.

Top Bottom