• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

BizzyBum

I can't take this anymore. I just fucking can't.

Play arena, Vs full team
Play WZ, Vs full team

What the fuck is going on with this MM system?

I dont know how many times I've said that so bear with me. Am just frustrated and mad. This really can't be.

A lot of people are suggesting SoloQ in ske7ch's Reddit thread so let's hope it's something they'll add.

Nothing is worse than a full team in Breakout that practice. lol

Akai__

Who the fuck came up with the ida of a Halo eSports Reality Show? Like, who is going to watch this anyways? A coupple thousand people? Wasting ressources once again... Also, with pros like Cratos, Roy and Lunchbox... This will end well...

You should rather invest into bringing back Halo to MLG and have more LAN's.

Youre mad cause youre playing against full teams?

Who isn't? This has been one of the big topics since launch.

Who the fuck came up with the ida of a Halo eSports Reality Show? Like, who is going to watch this anyways? A coupple thousand people? Wasting ressources once again... Also, with pros like Cratos, Roy and Lunchbox... This will end well...

Yeah the timing is completely off for this. If anything, this would be good at the launch of a main Halo game when the hype is at its maximum. Not with halo5... more than a year later.

Just like everyone else.

Do we smell? It's the smell, isn't it?

Here's some Spartan Pinball

LOL at the clip. I haven't touched halo for a couple months and this just reminded me why i dont go into BTB :( ....

Sorry forge... im so sorry.

edit: the reality show? WUT? They probably started to film when HCS first started and they finally are in post production??? Who-ever is in marketing and thought this would be a great idea because they watch little women in la should be removed from this authoritative position.

Stinkles needs to put his foot down!
Of course, after he finishes cleaning the mess in conference room Zanzibar :p lub uuuuu

Juan

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/804024010593841152

Uhh is this old news? The article doesn't say much.

Edit: K not old news. Looks like Halo esports is getting a reality show.

Why is 343 so much turned on by esport? I mean, seriously, it's becoming boring, even more, fucking frustrating, to always heard 343 associate Halo with esport.

Come on, esport won't make Halo great again 343, you're wasting so much ressources...

You already are struggling with the Spielberg TV serie guys... At least if you could have a better balance between casual players and esport players...

Why is 343 so much turned on by esport? I mean, seriously, it's becoming boring, even more, fucking frustrating, to always heard 343 associate Halo with esport.

Come on, esport won't make Halo great again 343, you're wasting so much ressources...

You already are struggling with the Spielberg TV serie guys... At least if you could have a better balance between casual players and esport players...

I dont think its a bad idea, but if it launches soon and with Halo5, then yeah, its not gonna do well.

I dont think ESL is a good enough league for Halo. Halo imo needs to be back in MLG. I dunno if it still carries its weight but i remember MLG being really professional from a viewer standpoint. Those MLG plays of the week videos etc.. Everything was done right. Plus it was known. All my casual friends knew what MLG was. No one knows ESL.

Plus, i dont feel like Halo5 has enough good maps for eSports. Its always the same 3-4 maps that theyre playing on. It gets boring to watch.

As well, i think it would have been real cool had halo5 had those eSport features built into the game, like BO2 and 3 did. Just a lot of the things arent right with 5, especially the maps. You need good fucking maps to play on let alone watch!

edit: You know what Battlefield 1 made me realize about halo5? Theres isnt ONE map in Halo4 or 5 that gets me excited or anxious to play on. Everytime Amiens appears in BF1, i get pumped as fuck. Good maps are important.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
As much as I will miss Steitzer, the more robotic AI style they have used for him since H4 was been unwelcome. But thank god I don't have to listen to Palmer anymore. I liked Exuberant Witness myself. Will probably use that.

do we know what voices are coming? give me halo 2 prophet. no, no GRAVEMIND (that would be absurd)

Whoever said Sarge is on to something.
Make it so you can select your fav RvB character and you all run around saying funny lines as you play... and make the. All in assault Lopez's head!

Fuchsdh

Ya that would be a nice option. Personally i would have preferred they put that effort in features and content that was more "necessary".

Well, if it makes you feel better
it won't
I highly doubt plugging in a bunch of alternate line reads is a major drain on the rest of the studio working on Halo 5 features and sustain.

As much as I will miss Steitzer, the more robotic AI style they have used for him since H4 was been unwelcome. But thank god I don't have to listen to Palmer anymore. I liked Exuberant Witness myself. Will probably use that.

I don't think it's that robotic, but in general his callouts can't be as drawn-out because there's so much other stuff these days that gets called.

That's leaving aside the heavy compression they've used on him, which is an ongoing complaint I have with a lot of 343i's Halo choices. It's overall not as bad as stuff was in Halo 4 (where I guess because they wanted you to understand Cortana was speaking from your helmet they made her sound like she was talking to you from the end of a paper towel tube) but it's still distracting to me.

Karl2177

The following is an accurate representation of the meeting at 343i.

Bonnie: "What should we put the Summer REQ money towards?"

Tom French: "More Forge resources!"

Frank: "More books and comics"

Bravo: "Another tournament!"

Tashi: "How about a reality series about the pros?"

Bonnie: "OMG tahir ur so HoTT let's do that!"

Halo fans: "What the fuck?!"

Fuchsdh

Dunno if it's Frankie's doing, but we've been absolutely slammed with (decent to great) Halo books and comics the past two years. Don't think that's a problem with the franchise at all.

Dunno if it's Frankie's doing, but we've been absolutely slammed with (decent to great) Halo books and comics the past two years. Don't think that's a problem with the franchise at all.

Agreed on this part.

As for pros/esports it's great to have the big stages/streams, weapon sandbox/balance and movement from them but the maps, gametypes and always team focused/rank can go fuck themselves, to put it bluntly.

I've actually been wondering for years why hasn't anyone in gaming done a reality show like this, so I'm excited for it. Could usher in a new age of content creation for YouTubers, streamers, esports teams, etc.

As far as breathing new life into this game, a progressing series designed for hardcore fans can help the game gain some traction as people are talking about Halo more. I'm sure this'll catch the attention of IGN and other media outlets, and if that Custom Games Browser is L E G I T then we could see a steady increase in Halo's population. There are lots of stories to tell, and this is one way to help the players and community in general to do so.

Now.. if it takes away significant resources or negatively impacts Halo's game development in any way, then I'd say otherwise. I'll remain optimistic.

Juan

... if that Custom Games Browser is L E G I T then we could see a steady increase in Halo's population. There are lots of stories to tell, and this is one way to help the players and community in general to do so.

I think people have way too much hope for this Custom Games Browser.

I mean, I'm sure it will be added to the game at some point, that's not my concern, but people won't come back on Halo 5 just because of it. It will be cool for the already-there population, but doing so won't bring back thousand of people on Halo 5.

The only thing I hope is that everything 343 is building on Halo 5 can be easily bring to Halo 6, and if so, we may have a very cool game at launch.

Is there a context behind this?

I think people have way too much hope for this Custom Games Browser.

I mean, I'm sure it will be added to the game at some point, that's not my concern, but people won't come back on Halo 5 just because of it. It will be cool for the already-there population, but doing so won't bring back thousand of people on Halo 5.
I'm not saying it'll put Halo in the top 5 games on XBL in terms of population, I'm just saying we could see a "steady" increase if people can play what they want, when they want, granted it isn't a cumbersome process to do so. That's a significant milestone for Halo that should give a boost to its playerbase. And if the quality is there, then that would mean I'd be playing more Halo these days, which I'm sure many here would agree.

The only thing I hope is that everything 343 is building on Halo 6 can be easily bring to Halo 6, and if so, we may have a very cool game at launch.
Yup, that's what I'm hoping for as well. I'd like to view Halo 5 as the test bed for things like this CGB so they could crush the competition day one with Halo 6 instead of a year after launch.

CGB will probably help me come back. I hate playing solo, and I never seem to be on the same time as you guys, so to find a group and stick with it, as well as play a variety of gametypes and maps that may not be in rotation will really be nice.

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/804024010593841152

Uhh is this old news? The article doesn't say much.

Edit: K not old news. Looks like Halo esports is getting a reality show.

I am struggling to think of some-Halo related media I could give less of a shit about. A Sarah Palmer ringtone would be more interesting.

Nah, I bet Tashi was actually like "Well, it would be great if we provided water to players, and just generally invested in tournament logis-"

Bonnie: "BORING. What to the kids love these days? Reality TV!!!!"

Trup1aya

A substantial update that includes a powerful Custom Games Browser could definately help the population rise. It wouldn't be long before crazy creations started making their rounds on reddit again. And this time people would actually be able to find enough people to try them for themselves.

The fact they're looking into doing it? There's a tweet on this page with deets (by deets, just the production company).

Fake edit: or do you mean the try hard leet speak? cause that idk

No I was talking about the Bonnie and Tashi part I heard some very minor rumors about Bonnie and Ghostayame a while back or it was that a meme?

Tashi is pretty fkn hot

Indeed but don't forget about Stinkles and Unyshek

BizzyBum

Only 32 Immortals left.

7c6c81e7b067a785b8fdde860461d259dfcef9e5_full.jpg

I am struggling to think of some-Halo related media I could give less of a shit about. A Sarah Palmer ringtone would be more interesting.

Nah, I bet Tashi was actually like "Well, it would be great if we provided water to players, and just generally invested in tournament logis-"

Bonnie: "BORING. What to the kids love these days? Reality TV!!!!"

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty similar. This whole eSports push from 343 is odd considering we are still missing some staple features.

I'm going to guess within the span of a week (either before or after launch) they'll announce a Halo Wars 2 league, and Blitz will be a regulation gametype for a hot minute before people complain, ala Breakout.

Stolen from team beyond. Amazing.

HCS House
https://youtu.be/q--NjkG6il8

Jesus Christ hahaha

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
No I was talking about the Bonnie and Tashi part I heard some very minor rumors about Bonnie and Ghostayame a while back or it was that a meme?

Indeed but don't forget about Stinkles and Unyshek

MEME.

Jesus.

Wow.

Apart from me and Juny, obviously. That's the realest.

Who isn't? This has been one of the big topics since launch.

how about actually working on the game and actual tournament conditions instead of this.

stuff like this is why im annoying on GAF

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
how about actually working on the game and actual tournament conditions instead of this.

stuff like this is why im annoying on GAF

If you read the article "we" aren't actually making it.

This is like when folks complain that the reason we have bloom on DMR is because of an action figure.

I should stop typing this so I can make a six wheeled arctic Hog.

Lazy devs.

Top Bottom