• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Yeah, it might be easier in actual Breakout. 1v2 can be possible more often with shotty and some luck. Immortals are definitely for Action Sack, though.

Now I just wish BTB Strongholds was more frequent. I've been playing BTB practically all day and I've gotten 2 Stronghold games.

The problem is once you have a decent MMR in Breakout, at this point in the game's life, you're matching teams (esp breakout teams), so action sack is likely my best shot.

Karl2177

I just watched the Iron Giant for the first time (LTTP) a few months ago and cried my god damn eyes out. Such a good movie.

Also what happened to Poodlestrike? Hope it's not a perm.

Does it really matter if it's a perm? Considering there's like 5 or 6 alt accounts that post in this thread alone, it doesn't seem to be a big deal.

I just watched the Iron Giant for the first time (LTTP) a few months ago and cried my god damn eyes out. Such a good movie.

Also what happened to Poodlestrike? Hope it's not a perm.

Dude got ban't in poligaf in a mass ban of folks advocating for killing/imprisoning/harassing people with "the wrong" views. Let's not talk about it.

So how about that Breakout?

I'm pretty sure that we will see the trailer for the new content update this Thursday at the game awards 2016 last year we got the Battle of Shadow and Light trailer there

That Warzone REQ pack is confirmed apparently, I mean we could easily assume but its nice to see confirmation.

Ske7ch is doing a good job!
That was fast. Can't wait to see this update.
I'm pretty sure that we will see the trailer for the new content update this Thursday at the game awards 2016 last year we got the Battle of Shadow and Light trailer there
It would be a great idea to drop that little bomba at The Game Awards, let's hope so :]

Trup1aya

Free?

Awesome news regardless.

Here's his response to the rumor

As you can imagine, the 343 team is hard at work on the upcoming content release and we're looking forward to sharing more details about the bounty of free content coming to Halo 5 in addition to the premium "Voice of War" REQ pack. We're close, just a little bit longer...

Based on the wording, I doubt it'll be free. I guess there's still a chance that they'd be obtainable through req points but i doubt it

Im not understanding what this is. Is this just more announcer voices?

Yeah seems like with this update you can customize the announcer voices you hear.

045eouwko60y.jpg

m23

Yeah that wording definitely sounds like it'll cost some money. Well I haven't paid for any dlc yet, maybe it's time to throw 343 some money.

Maybe they'll decide to add High Ground into h5 with that extra cash.

Fuchsdh

Hopefully it'll still have a stupid amount of REQ points to buy alternatively so if you've been hoarding them you can still get it that way.

yuuuuuuup. People always acted like it was no big deal when I and others have argued about it before release, but it's always the result. If you know get that information that someone is there you will either run in and finish them off or toss more grenades.

I miss the days in Halo 2 and 3 where someone would toss a random nade around the corner and it would take your shields down and they wouldn't know to come running at you. It's like they had to use their brain and take risks before taking a reward.
Yep, i really hope they get rid of it in 6. It might slow the game down a tad as well.

Yeah that wording definitely sounds like it'll cost some money. Well I haven't paid for any dlc yet, maybe it's time to throw 343 some money.

Maybe they'll decide to add High Ground into h5 with that extra cash.

Or a good map would be nice, High Ground is only semi decent in one-sided gametypes, which Halo 5 doesn't have.

I finally got this game. Picked up an Xbox on Black Friday along with pretty much every single great game for the system that I can't already play on PC.

And I'm... ambivalent

because this game is dope as fuck. I really like the pace of the multiplayer and the campaign has been loads of fun so far.

but, see, inbetween Halo 4 and Halo 5, I got myself a PC. Now I'm used to sort of having all of a game's actions, functions, whatever you'd call them at my fingertips. And playing Halo 5, I can see clearly that that was one of the best and more understated benefits of the restrained design of past Halo games.

In older Halo games, in order to feel like I had complete control over my character, what did I have to do?
Switch to Bumper Jumper.

In Halo 5, in order to feel like I have complete control over my character, what am I going to have to do?
Drop at least $120 on a controller with paddles on it so that I can use one of a billion new Spartan abilities without taking my thumb off the damn stick

I remember how everyone loved the evolution that this game's mechanics represented when it dropped, and I can see it! It's a solid solid core game! It's fantastic even. but there's just too much going on to map to a normal controller satisfactorily. Or maybe not, but I don't like any of the layouts that shipped with the game, that's for sure. Fishstick is the only one that I can really work with.

With all that said...

what's the cheapest way to pick up an elite controller these days? I mean, shit, I'm really half tempted to pick up a xim4 for single player campaigns on Xbox. I need more buttons for games like this period

Trup1aya

^ bumper jumper work best for me: only take my fingers off the sticks to thrust, jump, change weapon, sprint or perform an action- all things that dont requiring aiming.

Would love to get a controller with paddles though

BizzyBum

Some pros use bumper jumper with a standard controller but they also claw. If you don't claw or use paddles there's definitely a slight disadvantage that you'll notice more and more as you face better opponents.

I mean shit, I use the Elite with all 4 paddles mapped. It took a bit to get comfortable but once you get the muscle memory down it's awesome. I can't imagine playing this game without it.

wwm0nkey

You know, I wonder if 343 will show the update at The Game Awards? Would 100% get people back on the PC and XBO versions since the server browser is coming in the update too.

You know, I wonder if 343 will show the update at The Game Awards? Would 100% get people back on the PC and XBO versions since the server browser is coming in the update too.

They kind of need to. the buzz/mention of halo has dwindled since the new releases of fps these past months.

let alone the last update was months ago too.

BizzyBum

So we only have 92 members in the SC. Honestly, at this point if you have any friends that play the game and they don't have a SC just invite them even if they don't post on GAF. lol

Also, I just noticed they never took out the commendation for Assault wins which is pretty lame so we'll never get that one.

NOKYARD

So we only have 92 members in the SC. Honestly, at this point if you have any friends that play the game and they don't have a SC just invite them even if they don't post on GAF. lol

Also, I just noticed they never took out the commendation for Assault wins which is pretty lame so we'll never get that one.

Does Grifball count as Assault?

Fuchsdh

Nice, but im not sure id want any other voice than the original halo guy. Thats really want i want in WZ. Dont understand why it was even changed.

Eh, variety is fun, especially if they take a page from Dota 2 and let Buck and Exuberant be snarky or have a lot of personality on top of the callouts.

Theorry

They should push the PC version way more imo. There is a gap in online fps shooters and Halo is perfect to fill that gap. But we probably gonna see Halo 6 on PC. Must be.

Caja 117

Hello friends, long time without posting around here, just got to say the anniverary playlist is great! I hope is stay longer and for me the most incredible part of this is how well done this forge maps are (played Battle Creek, Damnation and Prisioner)

Whoa, this game is getting a server browser?

I don't even know why I bought Battlefield 1 and Gears 4 when I'm just gonna be playing this shit all the time

Fuchsdh

Just hunting for marine kills and stuff makes even getting stomped in Warzone much more enjoyable. You just need a metagame that isn't winning.

blamite

Eh, variety is fun, especially if they take a page from Dota 2 and let Buck and Exuberant be snarky or have a lot of personality on top of the callouts.

Ya that would be a nice option. Personally i would have preferred they put that effort in features and content that was more "necessary".

Madness

As much as I will miss Steitzer, the more robotic AI style they have used for him since H4 was been unwelcome. But thank god I don't have to listen to Palmer anymore. I liked Exuberant Witness myself. Will probably use that.

Detective

I can't take this anymore. I just fucking can't.

Play arena, Vs full team
Play WZ, Vs full team

What the fuck is going on with this MM system?

I dont know how many times I've said that so bear with me. Am just frustrated and mad. This really can't be.

I can't take this anymore. I just fucking can't.

Play arena, Vs full team
Play WZ, Vs full team

What the fuck is going on with this MM system?

I dont know how many times I've said that so bear with me. Am just frustrated and mad. This really can't be.

Youre mad cause youre playing against full teams?

Top Bottom