• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

NOKYARD

wwm0nkey said:
Random question but did you beat it on legendary? If so then was the legendary ending different or the same?
New textures show elite is actually lifting Johnson's wallet, not patting his butt.

Played some split-screen co-op at a friends this evening with Boom on. Damn, explosions are terrifying with that on. If you want to live, run like a madman whenever you hear a grenade.

You may also develop an extreme hatred of Wraiths.

Great customs. I'd love to get some more of those Big Team games going. I'd also like to swipe some more of those sweet gametypes/maps from you guys running from the CEA disc.

HiredN00bs said:
Great customs. I'd love to get some more of those Big Team games going. I'd also like to swipe some more of those sweet gametypes/maps from you guys running from the CEA disc.
lol. There are no Anniversary gametypes on the disc.

Popeck

ElzarTheBam said:
So you were Paavi, glad you enjoyed it, customs will also be on tomorrow.

Yeah, that's me. I really enjoyed all of the matches. Especially when Total Sellout decided to drive our hog into the sea. Real mature, Lenny!

Popeck said:
Yeah, that's me. I really enjoyed all of the matches. Especially when Total Sellout decided to drive our hog into the sea. Real mature, Lenny!
Everyone is a bad driver except for me. *hopesthatnoonementionsthewarthogfiascoonheadlong*

Popeck said:

Yeah, you had me, one more shot!

I'm glad Ellis wanted to check out the water instead.

Timberland looks so damn amazing. It looks like it came out of the campaign but as this really grounded feeling of being a confined multiplayer space. Those hills get really high which is very weird for me but look like so much fun to run/drive around on.

Teknoman

Looks like I know what i'm getting when I pick up Ultimate Marvel Monday night. I need to grab the other map packs for Reach too, so I can get back into Halo GAF customs. I havent played much since the early Reach days ; ;

A new halo anniversary video was uploaded to the xbox dashboard recently, here is that video. In the second half of the interview, the main menu is scene a multitude of times in the video.

Here is the clearest the menu gets:
0JleR.png

You can see four options and the animation the title screen does for a few brief seconds.

This is interesting because a month ago, this popped up on the internet. Microsoft took no action on it, leading some to believe it was fake---until now. The four options and the menu UI and the animation itself directly match up with what is seen on the video, so are we dealing with a breach of an NDA here?

Actually, this is also quite surprising since Microsoft has went on record saying there were no plans for a Halo 4 beta on Halo Anniversary. But the menu says Halo 4 ALPHA, so could this be a case of them omitting the truth, as it were?

Not sure if this merits its own thread, so here it is.

Kibbles

:eek:

Devin Olsen said:
Wow, everyone here seems to have the game+maps... heh

I would have had it yesterday except USPS is apparently the worst mail company in the world. Their definition of overnight means 5 days apparently :(
Jeez where did you guys order from that is shipping early? I'll be waiting for delivery from Amazon.

Sai-kun

Banned
Nora Kisaragi said:
A new halo anniversary video was uploaded to the xbox dashboard recently, here is that video. In the second half of the interview, the main menu is scene a multitude of times in the video.

Here is the clearest the menu gets:

You can see four options and the animation the title screen does for a few brief seconds.

This is interesting because a month ago, this popped up on the internet. Microsoft took no action on it, leading some to believe it was fake---until now. The four options and the menu UI and the animation itself directly match up with what is seen on the video, so are we dealing with a breach of an NDA here?

Actually, this is also quite surprising since Microsoft has went on record saying there were no plans for a Halo 4 beta on Halo Anniversary. But the menu says Halo 4 ALPHA, so could this be a case of them omitting the truth, as it were?

Not sure if this merits its own thread, so here it is.

i...what?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm making an Anniversary Map Pack Trailer/Montage. I need music recommendation. Instrumentals, preferably Halo related. If there's some good Skyrim or other stuff like that out there that's good, let me know. Thanks!

Tashi0106 said:
I'm making an Anniversary Map Pack Trailer/Montage. I need music recommendation. Instrumentals, preferably Halo related. If there's some good Skyrim or other stuff like that out there that's good, let me know. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDVhSP5sUoY

I'm starting to get edgy, I ordered from Sainsburys entertainment over a month ago and the fucker still say's it's 'processing order' for delivery. I will be so mad a sainsburys if I don't have it on the day.

JMizzlin

There aren't any 'jump through hoops in a specific order' skulls in this, are there? Does finding them warrant much exploration? Or are the skulls in some places you really wouldn't even look?

Can't wait to co-op skull hunt, but not sure whether to use a text guide to get myself in the right direction.

Eye Drop said:
There aren't any 'jump through hoops in a specific order' skulls in this, are there? Does finding them warrant much exploration? Or are the skulls in some places you really wouldn't even look?

Can't wait to co-op skull hunt, but not sure whether to use a text guide to get myself in the right direction.
Shiska said they don't want to do such a skull, because people will look into the game code to find out. But he mentioned that you have to do some stuff, you did after you beat the campaign.(=jumps etc)

JMizzlin

Hypertrooper said:
Shiska said they don't want to do such a skull, because people will look into the game code to find out. But he mentioned that you have to do some stuff, you did after you beat the campaign.(=jumps etc)

Ooh, interesting. Thanks for letting me know. This'll be great fun.

Striker

Has it been noted by either David or Frank, on the DMR's bloom in the CEA BTB playlist? I would figure it's probably 85% bloom like the TU Beta, but I'm just assuming here. Still don't like the idea of the CE Pistol as the secondary (for 4v4, I will take the Pistol start). Make it the pesky AR and call it a day.

Top Bottom