• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Arnie

Do all copies come in that little slip case?

I'm probably going to get this when it drops in price a little, but if that's only a first run thing I might be tempted.

S1kkZ said:
scale your hype down a little bit. its a cool terminal but its not that awesome.
As a fan of Halo's lore, the hype is justified. I don't know if you read Cryptum, but the terminals contain a lot of stuff from it. And The Maw's one...

S1kkZ

Hypertrooper said:
As a fan of Halo's lore, the hype is justified. I don't know if you read Cryptum, but the terminals contain a lot of stuff from it. And The Maw's one...
i read cryptum and yes the terminals are awesome. but the maw one isnt so special as you make it out to be. i dont want to talk about it here (even with spoiler tags), lets hope there will be a spoiler thread next week.

wwm0nkey said:
Its true Reach grenades =
dxguh1.png
Reach's grenades are so annoying. Why anyone would want a blast radius of their size, or larger, is beyond me.

wwm0nkey

Dax01 said:
Reach's grenades are so annoying. Why anyone would want a blast radius of their size, or larger, is beyond me.
Since I haven't played customs with HaloGAF recently, have you guys made any gametype changes at all that make the grenades better after the v2 gametype?

Dax01 said:

Well it's not the blast radius by itself that makes them awful, it's the combination of the blast radius, the very short fuse time, and the player not having the movement options to get out of the way.

Steelyuhas said:
Well it's not the blast radius by itself that makes them awful, it's the combination of the blast radius, the very short fuse time, and the player not having the movement options to get out of the way.
That's true.

Puddles

Banned
For me, Halo 1 grenades weren't really a kill weapon. If you did get a kill with a grenade, great, but they were more useful at forcing an opponent to move out from behind cover.

I never found them to be very useful for that purpose in Halo 2 or 3. As I said, haven't spent much time with Reach.

Puddles

Banned
I do miss putting a grenade right at the feet of a guy who was blindly charging in with overshield-induced hubris. Watching the look on his face as his overshield disappeared and three headshots put him down was amazing.

Dorm room Halo 1 multiplayer > all other multiplayer games ever.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Marco1 said:
Love the anniversary maps but will we see more maps from 343?
Not till Halo 4, probably.

Edit: Devin's stream is getting shut down, maybe...?

ElRenoRaven

Wow. They're shutting Devin down cause he doesn't have permission to stream the game before it's out. Just floors me. Who the hell are they to tell you that you can't stream it if it's a legit retail copy?

FyreWulff said:
That's why you use justin instead of twitch. Should tell Twitch that the 343 Director of Franks said it was okay.
Justin is twitch.

And I did tell him Frank said it was cool, showed him the post, etc. But understandably he cannot verify that is Frankie (unless you guys can somehow through past posts?)

I PM'd him and I'll let you know if I get the stream back online.

ElRenoRaven

FyreWulff said:
That's why you use justin instead of twitch. Should tell Twitch that the 343 Director of Franks said it was okay.

He did. He's all like I can't confirm who that is when he linked him to Frankie's post.

Devin Olsen said:
Justin is twitch.

And I did tell him Frank said it was cool, showed him the post, etc. But understandably he cannot verify that is Frankie (unless you guys can somehow through past posts?)

I PM'd him and I'll let you know if I get the stream back online.

So when did Justin tv become twitch?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
FyreWulff said:
The switch was automatic from Justin to Twitch.

And yea Devin, that's total fucking bullshit. I would seriously get somethin done about it. I'd like to see them try to do that shit to me.

Edit: i just tweeted twitch tv basically telling them theyre wrong. I think they try to keep good publisher/dev relations but their system is too strict.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
PsychoRaven said:
He did. He's all like I can't confirm who that is when he linked him to Frankie's post.

So when did Justin tv become twitch?
All gaming sections of Justin became Twitch

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
When playing online co-op, can one person be playing with the old graphics on and one person playing with the new graphics?

Hey You

Hydranockz said:
Certain Affinity if anyone but even that is doubtful.
If CEA/DLC sells well and there's a demand, I'm sure they will consider it (if they aren't arleady).

PsychoRaven said:
Wow. They're shutting Devin down cause he doesn't have permission to stream the game before it's out. Just floors me. Who the hell are they to tell you that you can't stream it if it's a legit retail copy?
Was it the stream providers or MS that shut it down?

Edit: I see things worked out, will watch later.

Top Bottom